Tell me about weather stations..?

Man of Honour
Hi guys,

I'm interested in getting a weather station to measure things like wind speed, temperature etc in our garden, which links wirelessly to both display in the house and a phone app.

The issue is, this is something I know absolutely nothing about!!

The outdoor unit needs to be fully battery and wireless.

Someone has recommended a Bresser 5 in 1 Complete WiFi however I really have no idea so any tips would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Mal

Commissario
A few years ago I bought a cheap one. It broke. I got it fixed, it broke again. I got it fixed again and when it broke for the third time, I chucked it in a skip.

Now I have an Ecowitt GW1003 and it’s working really well. I can tell you that the winds last night gusted up to over 47mph.

Associate
I've got a Bresser 5 in 1 - I've had it just over a year now, and it's still working fine :)

It seems to work pretty well, and I've not had to change the batteries on the outdoor sensor yet, which is nice. Only issue is the wind speed indication isn't great, but I'm sure that's my fault due to it not being far enough away from the house.

The outdoor sensor connects to the indoor display using some proprietary RF link, and it's the indoor bit that receives this and connects to WiFi, and lets you push data to wunderground and/or weathercloud.
I don't think it comes with an app (not that I've looked), but you can view data from it on wunderground / weathercloud if you've signed up.

Back
Top Bottom