Tennis

Soldato
OP
Excellent win that for Murray, great to see.

Every single pundit on Amazon wrote him off before the match, including Petchey, who has worked with Murray recently.

He'll be playing the winner of Zverev|Brooksby in the next round.

Soldato
OP
Zverev in the next round. Murray beat him last year and has never lost to him, so let's hope that continues, but another tough match.

Tonight, Evans vs Schwartzman @ 7pm and Norrie vs Bautista Agut @ 2am.

In the women's game, Sasnovich, who beat Raducanu, went on to beat Simona Halep last night, which is some going for a player ranked 100, or thereabouts, before the tournament started.

I'm sure that helps to ease the pain of defeat for Raducanu, even if just a little.

You can get a free trial of Amazon Prime, dunno if that's an option for you.

Tennis on there is pretty good these days, they have a lot of tournaments.
I think I've already used my free prime unfortunately :(

Andy Murray did well it seems after dropping the first set?

I wonder if he feels he can relax a bit more now that the press have shifted much more focus to Emma now?

Soldato
OP
I think I've already used my free prime unfortunately :(

Andy Murray did well it seems after dropping the first set?

I wonder if he feels he can relax a bit more now that the press have shifted much more focus to Emma now?

Yeah, it was a good performance from Murray. He looked physically stronger and fitter than Alcaraz - in the commentary they were talking about how Murray has switched from spending so much time in the gym to spending most of his time on court, making himself 'tennis-fit rather than gym-fit', which seems to be a good call as he has started playing a lot better recently.

I think the external pressure is definitely off Murray these days - most people are just amazed he's still competing - but he still puts a lot of pressure on himself, by the looks of things.

Yeah, it was a good performance from Murray. He looked physically stronger and fitter than Alcaraz - in the commentary they were talking about how Murray has switched from spending so much time in the gym to spending most of his time on court, making himself 'tennis-fit rather than gym-fit', which seems to be a good call as he has started playing a lot better recently.

I think the external pressure is definitely off Murray these days - most people are just amazed he's still competing - but he still puts a lot of pressure on himself, by the looks of things.
Yeah it's pretty amazing to think that he has a metal hip!

Certainly puts me to shame!

I somehow pulled a muscle walking to the bathroom earlier and I'm older than him at 41!

Soldato
OP
Haha, yeah well I've hardly moved over the last 2 years myself, just going up and down the stairs is knackering for me these days, thinking about getting a bungalow :p

Hardly been over the door since maybe February last year - my general fitness has dropped off and my weight has increased! :(

Soldato
OP
Speaking of fitness levels, Norrie must be one of the fittest players on the tour, he just never looks tired. Just finished watching his match from last night against Bautista Agut and he looks very strong, continuing his impressive year. He goes on to play Tommy Paul in the next round, who beat Rublev last night.

Murray is playing Zverev tonight, the match is third on, Amazon are saying possibly a 9:30pm start.

Should be good. Are you watching this tournament @Pigeon_Killer?

Soldato
OP
Yeah, tbh I don't expect Murray to win this one either, but you never know.

He's come close to beating top 10 players recently so I'm hoping tonight will be the night.

Soldato
OP
Yeah, he's definitely improving. He's upped his level in the second set, in a similar pattern to his last match, so let's hope he can keep it up for the rest of the match like he did then.

It feels like he's just a few % away from beating some of these top players.

Back
Top Bottom