Terminator: Dark Fate

Soldato
Well I'm all for a good terminator film but I have to admit to being confused as to what the hells going on. They've rebooted it that many times and changed bits about it's tarnished the franchise.

The original was the best
T2 was good, but that squeeky voiced furlong did my head in
T3, only thing I remember is her inflatable boobs
Salvation, can't remember anything about it
Genesys, had doctor who in for 2 seconds.....can't remember anything else

Think I read Cameron wanted to go back to the roots and explain why the T800 looked like it did (who was the human arnie the machine was based on?)

Soldato
T3, only thing I remember is her inflatable boobs

While I really didn't like the film I loved the very dark ending where the robots win and start WW3, which was very "un-Hollywood", plus the boobs obviously :D

Think I read Cameron wanted to go back to the roots and explain why the T800 looked like it did (who was the human arnie the machine was based on?)

I hope Camerons take is better than this T3 deleted scene (start at 1 minute), another reason this film should be slowly lowered into a vat of boiling metal!

Soldato
The Sarah Connor Chronicles was really good (so of course got cancelled quickly) so there is a place for good stories set in that universe. I'm not sure anyone can do another action movie and make it work if they are only going to try for a cash grab repeat of the first two movies.

Soldato
Simples. Whenever a good terminator movie is released, have a scene of Sarah Conner, with flashbacks of all the bad terminator movies, she then wakes up and says "phew those were just a bad dream. She is handed a broken gun and says "this is no longer cannon"

Then show body bags of dead resistance fighters, with name tag of each of the bad Terminator directors, someone comments "those useless ******** won't be missed"

I think that would be the best scene ever in a Terminator movie.

Caporegime
Simples. Whenever a good terminator movie is released, have a scene of Sarah Conner, with flashbacks of all the bad terminator movies, she then wakes up and says "phew those were just a bad dream. She is handed a broken gun and says "this is no longer cannon"

Then show body bags of dead resistance fighters, with name tag of each of the bad Terminator directors, someone comments "those useless ******** won't be missed"

I think that would be the best scene ever in a Terminator movie.

No...just

No.

Soldato
Watching a long Interview with Miller and Cameron, seems they have something pretty good worked out, they have actually be working and developing the story for I think close to a year, and with each film having its own closing they have worked out an arch that works for over three films. Cameron seems directly involved in the writing etc.

That and watching them kinda laugh about how they are just ignoring the last 3 films ever happening, plus getting Linda Hamilton back on board.
Also interesting conversation piece about how Cameron helped get Deadpool off the ground.

Associate
This is so confusing, i liked all the movies but it also brings into the argument that everytime you go forward/back in time, you create an alternate universe. On that theory judgement day will always come, just at a different time or form.

So is this a continuation of the last movie or are we just scrapping the last two like the tv series......

Back
Top Bottom