Terminator: Dark Fate

Soldato
Ended with John and the t1000 going to the future war, setting the stage for something interesting but by then it was too late to save it.
I think one of the lead writers from the Series is also working or had been working on the script for the new movie.

Associate
Furlong? Last I heard about him he was on the drugs big time.

Sad to see to be honest, the pressures on children when they become famous....messes you up :( (Macaulay Culkin for example).

Furlong was a great actor (take American History X for example), it would be a good opportunity for him to sort his **** out, get off the drugs and hit the gym.

Having him back along side Linda Hamilton would be great.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
If only they'd done a Twin Peaks and waited 25 years for a follow up. Furlong would be of age, and it might have made sense.

Or likely it would have been the same or worse, but we wouldn't have been subjected to dross in the mean time.

Man of Honour
Avatar is mediocre and then goes down hill, Terminator 2 (innovative visuals aside) is good to mediocre, Aliens is possibly in my top 5 greatest sequals of all time, maybe near number 1.
The Terminator is one of the best films of it's era and even in the same genre that era was very productive.
Wat.

Soldato
mediocre's being nice. totally blew apart the rules of the first film just so he could use some cool CGI, and took the dark grittiness of the first film and dumped it in favour of light-hearted "comedic" moments.
guess he lost his way when he didn't have a Harlan script to rip off.

Soldato
Plus, while the act of making Arnie the "Good Guy" in T2 was a nice twist, it fatally compromised every film after it which now "had" to include "Good Guy Arnie" which has become a hugely limiting cul-de-sac in any potential for a new film.

Caporegime
Terminator 2 is one of the seminal action movies of the 90's!

I agree that the sequels were pointless and unnecessary, but then Cameron wasn't involved in any of them.

Soldato
Honestly, I thought the film was that bad I'd actually forgotten about it :D I'm hoping that this new James Cameron film will permanently erase T3, Salvation and Genisys from my memory too!

Caporegime
OP
Anymore Terminator movies need to be around the war, like the flashbacks Rees was having in Terminator.

That's what people have been asking for now for donkeys years but "Hollywood" doesn't seem to get it. The weird thing is in the behind the scenes of genisys one of the producers actually acknowledges this and says "this movie has the longest future war sequence which is what the fans have wanted". OK, so why not base the movie around that instead of it being yet another T2 rehash?

The only attempt at a future war was salvation which did a really weird take on it, the biggest factor being there were barely any bloody terminators in the movie at all.

Soldato
there shouldn't have been any sequels at all, the story and logic was all laid out in the first film and from the point they did T2 just for the cash/show-off rights, they ***** it all up and made it worthless. By this point it appears Skynet sent a dozen terminators back in time and none of them are any good an managing to kill anything, so it makes me wonder why they were all so much of a threat up then.

Back
Top Bottom