The Tesla Thread

Soldato
I’m intrigued, is this an official retrofit of the 2021 refresh wireless charger and USB-C ports? If so that opens up the option of buying an older used vehicle for me…

It's a 2021 M3P that I got new in December, came without the front USB ports and wireless charging due to chip shortage. Most parts actually there, but missing controller, apparently it's a 10 min job to install.

Associate
I’m intrigued, is this an official retrofit of the 2021 refresh wireless charger and USB-C ports? If so that opens up the option of buying an older used vehicle for me…

If you're thinking of the older Model 3's that came with the older style centre console (no wireless charging pads, etc) then no, this isn't for that. This is just for those cars delivered in December that are the new style dash, but are missing the hub required for the USB-C ports and the wireless charging hub to work due to the semi-conductor shortage.

There are 3rd party solutions I believe for your scenario though.

Caporegime
Hi guys I've noticed a scuff on my door sill. I don't know if it's from one of the kids, but what's good to get rid of it, teacut?
Same as any car, if the scuff is through the paint to the primer or body, no amount of polish will make much of a difference (other than softening the edges).

A picture will help understand if you need a higher cut polish or not, but T-Cut is mostly useless.

Soldato
Had a phone mount on for a few weeks and I've taken it off to find a mark in the soft touch dash :(

Any ideas how to remove it? It's fairly indented.

IXqjnuG.png

Soldato
Same as any car, if the scuff is through the paint to the primer or body, no amount of polish will make much of a difference (other than softening the edges).

A picture will help understand if you need a higher cut polish or not, but T-Cut is mostly useless.
Yea sorry should post one. Also noticed when looking at my parents neighbours lesser model LR:D, that the windows aren't tinted. All mine are past the B pillar, is this a tesla thing or aftermarket? Having a look at the windows, it looks like a film (and it's quite a dark tint), not sure whether to keep it or not as I don't want to peel it then spend ages removing residue.

Soldato
Yea sorry should post one. Also noticed when looking at my parents neighbours lesser model LR:D, that the windows aren't tinted. All mine are past the B pillar, is this a tesla thing or aftermarket? Having a look at the windows, it looks like a film (and it's quite a dark tint), not sure whether to keep it or not as I don't want to peel it then spend ages removing residue.

Aftermarket.

Caporegime
Back from my test drive, managed to nab a 15 minute drive in an LR whilst waiting for the Performance to be ready to take out, so had around an hour in total.

100% convinced that I want the performance over the LR, not that the LR was slow, but seeing both side by side, the subtle difference in ride height, the spoiler and the brakes just made it for me. When pressing on, the braking performance of the M3P was better as well, more feel through the pedal as well as a sharper and more aggressive brake.

Also convinced that Red Multi-Coat or Midnight Silver are the best colours. The blue just looks too dull outside of the artificial lighting of the showroom. Black and white are both not my thing.

Only thing I didn’t get to see was the white interior, which I “think” I want (always preferred lighter interiors), but slightly concerned about the longevity, stain resistance, and scuff resistance (kids).

Soldato
I'm looking at getting a new one as well, but I really don't think the Performance is worth 10k more? I'm just using it as a family car though and won't be putting it on a track, so the brake feel won't really make much difference to me.

Soldato
I'm looking at getting a new one as well, but I really don't think the Performance is worth 10k more? I'm just using it as a family car though and won't be putting it on a track, so the brake feel won't really make much difference to me.

Unless you do lots of long trips the newest SR+ is the best value overall.

Back
Top Bottom