The Tesla Thread

Caporegime
Dunno. Electricity is electricity isn’t it.

Unless a good trip mpg consumption allows you idle an engine to warm before resetting the trip and doing the journey?

I’m just jealous with only 3.4mile/kWh :p
I was genuinely hoping you had seen some research into which was more efficient :p

There’s probably little in it either way, but I know I’d rather the cabin be how I like it before I set off (be that heated or cooled).

Soldato
There’s all sorts of things going on with battery heating and cabin heating. Also getting the data to compare. I know technically on mine the fully battery preconditioning can take 4 hours!

The way you can warm an EV or cool it in a non antisocial manner is the biggest win.

It will 100% use less energy for the trip portion with precondition and cabin conditioning but that all wraps up into a similar overall usage really, a warmer battery and coolant may pay dividends for motor warm up too but it’s all much of a muchness as ultimately we are dealing with heat and you can’t invent that, just move around. Biggest grid consumption improvement over next few years will be just getting the chargers more efficient.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

To be clear, the stats I posted above don’t include preconditioning from the mains… it’s using the battery to precondition the battery and cabin.

Soldato
going for a swim at the beach on Sunday morning ... how do I secure the car - anyway obviously not a problem you've encountered.
Polestar 2 comes with a small sports keys water resistant to 10 meters for 60 minutes - problem solved.

Soldato
Polestar 2 comes with a small sports keys water resistant to 10 meters for 60 minutes - problem solved.
10 metres should be fine , I'm not jean mark barre (some osbscurity) , zips pffh - strictly speedos in France.

Biggest grid consumption improvement over next few years will be just getting the chargers more efficient.
are the decent 800V, like ev6, systems, more efficient (as well as faster) for car charging.

Soldato
10 metres should be fine , I'm not jean mark barre (some osbscurity) , zips pffh - strictly speedos in France.

are the decent 800V, like ev6, systems, more efficient (as well as faster) for car charging.
Speedos must mean your 60+ with overhang, or at least that seems to be the only ones I've seen (should be banned imo):p.

Soldato
For those with the white interior, have you used a seat protector under an ISOFIX car seat base which didn’t stain or leave permanent imprints in the seat?

I’m currently using a white towel which isn’t very elegant or easy to fit.

Soldato
The Tesla card is better than that to be honest for swimming. I mean, I never swim in the sea anymore, but looking at them both I'd take the card every time. I actually find that little Polestar key a waste of time and wish they had supplied two 'normal' keys, which apparently was the case for older cars.

Also with the Tesla app being so good vs. the Polestar one (which frankly I find is worse than a 10 year old Windows Phone 7 app looks and feature wise), that I'm comfortable just using that alone.

Soldato
I do occasionally get issues where the car doesn't unlock when I try the handle, but I'm asking my phone has put the app in a deep sleep. I did have issues one time, that I think was caused by poor data connection (I'm assuming the car and/or phone need to verify on teslas servers).

Caporegime
Bluetooth on and off again and the door will open.
Was going to say, the app data connection has no bearing on whether or not “phone key” works. A restart of bluetooth makes more logical sense.

In my case, no amount of re-opening the app made any difference to app connectivity (not phone key, that worked fine after defrosting the handles and windows), only re-gained app control once the computer was restarted.

Back
Top Bottom