The Tesla Thread

Soldato
Probably both as where it stopped was blocking buses getting by. There were a few drivers who were less than impressed :D

It had been there overnight, where it is located there was no other reason to be down that road.

Last edited:
Associate
I have a strange issue since the last update. When I walk up to the car and it unlocks and I open the door, the alarm goes off and gives 3 high pitch beeps, very annoying.
My alarm has been going off too. Once last night and again this morning.
Both times I had gone to grab something from the car then gone back into the house. Within 2 minutes the alarm goes off.

Soldato
I'm in the process of switching to octopus Intelligent. Part of this involves the choosing when the car charges overnight. My question is how do you stop the car from charging as soon as you plug it in, should I just set it to a schedule time in the app? I'm assuming this is like preconditioning in that it's location dependent?

Soldato
I don’t have it but I think it just works if you enable intelligent charging in the octopus app (they take over the car when you do that) and turn everything else off in the car to do with charging (schedule, precondition etc).

From what I understand is that intelligent keeps the car awake and you get a lot of phantom drain so it’s best to turn it off after it’s done in the morning.

Soldato
I don’t have it but I think it just works if you enable intelligent charging in the octopus app (they take over the car when you do that) and turn everything else off in the car to do with charging (schedule, precondition etc).

From what I understand is that intelligent keeps the car awake and you get a lot of phantom drain so it’s best to turn it off after it’s done in the morning.
Tbh I normally charge car when it takes 7 hours to charge so shouldn't be too bad. Just found out I've got a smets 1 so will likely need it changing.

Soldato
I think I read that the only SMETS 1 meter they support is the secure 100. If it’s not that, it will need changing.

I think the intelligent tariff only gets you 5 hours per night so you’ll need to plug it in more frequently! I just leave mine plugged in when it’s on the drive, even if it doesn’t need a charge.

As you can tell I did take a look at it best I decided I’m better off on my ‘cheap’ (still way more than it should be) flat rate for now.

Soldato
Intelligent Octopus is always cheap 11:30-5:30. I just disable the smart charging in the app and use the Tesla schedule. Set a percentage and to be done by 5:30am.

I hear they fixed the phantom drain when it's plugged in. But it will still wake the car when unplugged if you have the smart charging enabled.

I prefer the fixed schedule as I like it to charge as close to when I plan to drive it as possible, in the hope the battery will still have a little warmth.

If I need to do a big charge then I sometimes enable the smart charging in order to get more cheap electric.

Soldato
I'm lucky, it's a smets one but I'm on intelligent. I did try the immersion but it tripped the rcd, apparently its quite common, I suspect it was a cheaper copper element. Not sure it's worth the hassle of swapping it out and fitting a timer.

Soldato
I've got my mot booked in a couple of weeks time, however there is a bit of scoring on the discs (not uncommon on evs in general from what I've googled), it's a model 3 performance, but what are the chances that it will fail an mot because of that? I've tried turning regen to low then braking heavily a dozen times but it's not had much effect.

Soldato
Just looking for wiper blade, but I'm struggling. My go-to for previous cars was bosch, but can't find a set for this car (not sure if length is the only measurement :D).

Soldato
Valeo is normally fine, they are a massive automotive parts company. You could probably source the Bosch kit elsewhere by searching for the product code.

Tesla also have wipers but they are £42 a pair.

Soldato
Those of you early adopters who've had to get an MOT, did you just go to a regular garage? Is there a difference between a regular and an electric MOT?
I've got mine on the 24th. I've just got it booked at kwikfit, not sure if they'll snag my discs though. Tbh I feel the mot should be cheaper as they don't need to do emissions :cry:.

Soldato
Those of you early adopters who've had to get an MOT, did you just go to a regular garage? Is there a difference between a regular and an electric MOT?

Any standard MOT should do them, some will give the usual nonsense excuses about "incase they get electrocuted" / " we don't do electric cars" / We've not been trained etc.

In that case avoid - Usually give them a quick call before you book it online or anything.

Back
Top Bottom