The Tesla Thread

Soldato
Who knows !

And Tesla appear to change spec and tweak things / options on the fly. Quite an unorthodox method but the whole way you get allocated a car from the vehicles they churn out the factory and the way they fit most options but software disable is far from standard either

Soldato
It's a software company. Continuous integration/continuous delivery is the name of the game. Less faffing when it comes to teams of admin departments coming up with model year differences and blahblah.

Soldato
The delivery dates are estimates at best.

I ordered mine on 10/10 and am taking collection 7/12. Some on other (Tesla) forums ordered theirs back in July and anywhere in between with 6,7,8 changes (back and forth) on delivery date.

Given the unorthodox way Tesla change their models I'd suggest the "standard" view on car "years" or reg numbers doesn't apply.

Associate
Thanks for the reply. I am not in a rush to get the car but if estimates are in Feb then I feel its a bit sad to miss out on the new reg if it is only 2-3 weeks away. Bit of old school thinking I know.

I read on the agreement contract that if you don't accept delivery of the car by said date, then they can give it to someone else. I'm guessing the would put you back at the end of the queue rather than a minor delay :cry:

Soldato
I read on the agreement contract that if you don't accept delivery of the car by said date, then they can give it to someone else. I'm guessing the would put you back at the end of the queue rather than a minor delay :cry:

Exactly I pre-ordered back in 2019 expecting weeks or months to deliver and 3 days later they said they had a car matching my spec and I could pick it up the following Thursday or it would be allocated to someone else. That queue could just get longer until they ramp Texas/Berlin.

Soldato
You can get lucky as well though, I think mine was ready mid-Feb and I just said I was on holiday for 2 weeks (a lie) and I'd quite like a 20 plate anyway so could I pick it up on the 1st March.

Soldato
Given the unorthodox way Tesla change their models I'd suggest the "standard" view on car "years" or reg numbers doesn't apply.

In this day and age I am not sure why any one actually cares what the numbers and letters assigned to their car by a government agency matters, but you are right it is even less pointful in the case of Tesla as it doesn't indicated anything about the car. But, mmmmmmust have newest reg or people will think my car isn't brand new on the 1st of March.... yeah, no.

Soldato
In this day and age I am not sure why any one actually cares what the numbers and letters assigned to their car by a government agency matters, but you are right it is even less pointful in the case of Tesla as it doesn't indicated anything about the car. But, mmmmmmust have newest reg or people will think my car isn't brand new on the 1st of March.... yeah, no.

I don't care, but until it isn't a thing to *anyone*, then it'll be a thing re: second hand market etc.

Soldato
A fairly typical thread post (taken from a typical thread post) EDD = Estimated Delivery Date

Ordered 14:/9:
EDD December 2021
EDD Update February - March
EDD Update March 5th - April 2nd
EDD Update February 17th - March 17th
EDD Update January 26th - February 23rd
EDD Update December 16th - December 31st
EDD Update January 27 - February 24th.
EDD Update November 16th - November 30th.
EDD Update January 26th - February 23rd.
EDD Update February 25th - March 25th.
EDD Update November 26th - December 23rd
EDD Update November 29th - December 13th

Still waiting on confirmed Delivery date ....

Associate
Has anyone experienced phantom braking when using basis auto pilot? It has been mentioned a lot within YouTube reviews.

Sounds pretty scary when it happens at motorway speeds. We have an 8 month old baby and wouldn’t fancy being in that position on the motorway.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Has anyone experienced phantom braking when using basis auto pilot? It has been mentioned a lot within YouTube reviews.

Sounds pretty scary when it happens at motorway speeds. We have an 8 month old baby and wouldn’t fancy being in that position on the motorway.
No phantom breaking but autopilot does freak out if you’re using it on streets where cars are parked at the side of the road.

In essence the car won’t move over the centre divide to avoid the car so it just slams on the anchors.

I had my first reboot of the centre screen whilst driving home after my service visit … now that was weird.

Soldato

Only once and very early on, like March 2020. I think part of the issue was it relied solely or partly on maps and so could in weird and unusual ocassions think it's on a bridge over a motorway or a parallel road etc. There's been a tonne of updates since including the fact that it now reads speed signs rather than relying on map data.

Since I got the M3 there's also now "standard" autopilot.

Associate
From reading it only occurs when in autopilot?
I’d be inclined to not bother with autopilot until the problem is solved, with children in the car especially.

Soldato
From reading it only occurs when in autopilot?
I’d be inclined to not bother with autopilot until the problem is solved, with children in the car especially.
I have only standard cruise/lane keep but you basically just have to keep the accelerator covered. When it has braked for me its been pretty predictable, you can see what has worried it less likely to happen on a motorway or dual carriageway. The only time you can feel it being twitchy about where it is on on lane 1 as you pass badly lined exits, you can tell its working out if it should follow the exit or carry on but in lane 2 its better.
I don't think its dangerous or unusable, it just has limitations but I use it for a good percentage of my daily commute.

Oh in in answer to delivery, its really down to luck against scheduled ships arriving, I got mine two weeks after order!

Associate
Thanks for all the replies. I feel a little more reassured. Not being able to use basic cruise control/auto pilot with my family in the car would be a huge problem.

Back
Top Bottom