The Tesla Thread

Soldato
So I'm picking one up next Sunday. It's s 69 plate, but they were still trying to sell a warranty. Am I correct in thinking it should still have another 2 of full warranty, and another 6 of batteries/driveline?

Soldato
It’ll have another 2 years of warranty if it has less than 50k miles (or whichever comes first). Drivetrain warranty is 8 years/100k miles or 120k miles (depends on the model) from new.

https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/support/vehicle-warranty
That's what I thought. Cheers. How reliable in general do you guys find the model 3, its the performance one I'm going for, I've heard its faster than an m4 from a standing start:cry:. Do you guys get your brakes greased every year?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Long Range model + performance boost software update > Standard performance and ~£10k cheaper ;)

Things you won’t get:
  • Adaptive suspension
  • Track mode

Better range through.

Soldato
Long Range model + performance boost software update > Standard performance and ~£10k cheaper ;)

Things you won’t get:
  • Adaptive suspension
  • Track mode

Better range through.
Naa:p. It's used anyway so the difference is much less. I'm sure track mode will get me to work quicker:D.

Associate
I just accepted a quote for a hypervolt so it looks like we are all systems go for March.

Out of interest what was your quote? I got quoted £1744 and £1394 with grants deducted for an untethered one. Seemed a bit over the top to me. The wiring install is about 20 meters but nothing too complex.

Soldato
It was £840 for the basic 5m tethered cable version and it’s going on a detached garage.

Standard install on a hypervolt is £350 or so plus the cost of the charger, less the grant so mine is slightly more than that.

It’s not the cable length that is the thing that pushes up the price, it’s everything else that sits around it. How complex the route is, access, if PEN fault protection is needed, RCD requirements etc.

Although mines on an detached garage, it’s a fairly simple run with no access issues. My consumer unit is on an external wall, the cable will run externally around the outside of the house, under a couple of slabs (only sanded in), it pops into the side of the garage and pops back out the front behind the charger. I’m probably about 15-16 meters all in.

I think the hypervolt has built in PEN fault protection so it’s simple in the electrical side.

Associate
It was £840 for the basic 5m tethered cable version and it’s going on a detached garage.

Standard install on a hypervolt is £350 or so plus the cost of the charger, less the grant so mine is slightly more than that.

It’s not the cable length that is the thing that pushes up the price, it’s everything else that sits around it. How complex the route is, access, if PEN fault protection is needed, RCD requirements etc.

Although mines on an detached garage, it’s a fairly simple run with no access issues. My consumer unit is on an external wall, the cable will run externally around the outside of the house, under a couple of slabs (only sanded in), it pops into the side of the garage and pops back out the front behind the charger. I’m probably about 15-16 meters all in.

I think the hypervolt has built in PEN fault protection so it’s simple in the electrical side.

Your quote is much nearer to what I would have expected to pay but it sounds like your house is an easier install, My consumer unit is in the middle of the house so requires a cable run into the attic and down an external wall but nothing to difficult as I had solar fitted a few months back who at the time made a nice easy run for the next guy to follow.

I think I'll probably just research the requirements and do it myself.

Soldato
Oh and for those of you newly picking up, I'd definitely recommend Teslamate (bit more difficult to setup but free if self-hosted) or Teslafi (terrible UI and costs monthly).

Echo this, I have Teslamate running on my diskstation and it gives tons of geeky information about your car and stats to look at when your not in it ;)

Here's a drive back from the o2 a few days ago :) Just under 20kwh at 5p so £1 for 75 miles, 4 people onboard with all the seat heaters running cruising at 70 on lane keeping for 80% of the journey.

teslamate by

Last edited:
Soldato
Your quote is much nearer to what I would have expected to pay but it sounds like your house is an easier install, My consumer unit is in the middle of the house so requires a cable run into the attic and down an external wall but nothing to difficult as I had solar fitted a few months back who at the time made a nice easy run for the next guy to follow.

I think I'll probably just research the requirements and do it myself.

That run sounds more complex.

You can’t fit it yourself but I guess you could source the correct cable and run it where you want it and have a qualified person connect each end.

Any reason why you are going for untethered? Most suggest tethered cables.

Associate
That run sounds more complex.

You can’t fit it yourself but I guess you could source the correct cable and run it where you want it and have a qualified person connect each end.

Any reason why you are going for untethered? Most suggest tethered cables.

Yeah, I suppose then I could still claim the grant.

It's just what they quoted for but I'd opt for tethered if I went ahead.

Soldato
I like the look of the Hypervolt 2nd choice would be the Zappy. I believe both can make use of excess solar energy during the day.

I was looking at the Zappi as well but it didn’t pass the aesthetic test (aka Mrs Sk8) and to be honest I can’t say I disagree either. She was up for an Anderson until I told her how much extra it was.

I don’t have solar (yet) but the main requirement was a tethered charger that deals with the cable in a sensible way which tends to knock a few out just in that.

Soldato
the main requirement was a tethered charger that deals with the cable in a sensible way which tends to knock a few out just in that.

Fit a weather proof box around one that you find less suitable, plenty of people have done it, and I would have done it with the Ohme but I can see it from any obvious angle so there was no need. The other bonus is you can buy a lockable one if you want, no so much that people can't use it but it won't be long before the thieves are out stealing them. :(

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Zappi? Christ, it’s like a fisher price charger.

Build quality is gash at the moment too. lots of threads online about the RCDs burning out.

Easee Home charger ftw.

Back
Top Bottom