The Tesla Thread

Soldato
The kick doesn't lose its appeal, or at least it hasn't for me. But just like driving an ICE, sometimes you take it slightly easier to save the battery. This is my Teslamate dash after 8000/almost 2 years:

fascinating dashboard - the speeds (bottom right column) are presumably average speed - so most of your 8k miles are urban ?
e: corollary would be interesting to see a chart that does triage consumption data based on average speed segments.

Soldato
^ where's that data from, looks cool.

The data is from the car, I use Teslamate (self hosted on a Pi) to scrape the data but as above there are others like Teslafi that do a similar job. I've had it installed since day dot.

fascinating dashboard - the speeds (bottom right column) are presumably average speed - so most of your 8k miles are urban ?

They are interesting, all the data's there so there's a tonne of dashboards to deep-dive into if that's your bag, including stats for individual drives etc.

Speeds on that panel are average yeah, and yeah I live in an urban environment so that'll average it out. Impact of COVID too. That panel is grouped by temp remember so basically every time I need to pop to the office 2 miles away (usually walk or cycle) it'll lower the average of every temp range.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I thought so. How does that compare to yours?

I’m tempted to just hand it to the detailer to just get on with it but I’ll see what they say first.
Ha! That is nothing compared to what mine was like. Imagine white scratches on the bodywork that couldn’t be t-cut off.

I’d be happy for them to get those sorts of marks out all day long.

Associate
The data is from the car, I use Teslamate (self hosted on a Pi) to scrape the data but as above there are others like Teslafi that do a similar job. I've had it installed since day dot.

They are interesting, all the data's there so there's a tonne of dashboards to deep-dive into if that's your bag, including stats for individual drives etc.

Speeds on that panel are average yeah, and yeah I live in an urban environment so that'll average it out. Impact of COVID too. That panel is grouped by temp remember so basically every time I need to pop to the office 2 miles away (usually walk or cycle) it'll lower the average of every temp range.

Newby here, awesome dashboard! Can you explain how you install this "self hosted on a Pi", is there an app which provides the same data/dashboard? Thanks

Soldato
Newby here, awesome dashboard! Can you explain how you install this "self hosted on a Pi", is there an app which provides the same data/dashboard? Thanks

Best to follow the official docs at https://docs.teslamate.org/docs/installation/docker.

Beyond that I'm as clueless as you but I *think* there may be a paid-for service that hosts it in the cloud. Teslafi is also similar/not self-hosted but has/had a terrible UI, imo.

You'll also find loads of useful info and chaps at https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/teslamate-megathread.191537/.

Soldato
Also a user of Teslamate and I followed the tesla motor club forum for the most part to get it going, I have mine running on my diskstation at home so at no cost. Its not easy to get going, involves a fair amount of command line stuff that has to be exactly right but there are enough guides out there to help you get it going. It gives a lot of stats :)

Soldato
Ha! That is nothing compared to what mine was like. Imagine white scratches on the bodywork that couldn’t be t-cut off.

I’d be happy for them to get those sorts of marks out all day long.

Yikes, that is bad if it’s down to the primer, defo a respray job is that. Yeh mines nothing like that.

Associate
Soldato
Had a chat with the "local" dealership about some fixes. My drivers door creaks, and they're going to send someone put to fix it so that sames me an hour trip each way. Did a full reset, but the cameras are still acting wierd, when I was reversing earlier I lost the rear and side cameras, not good when visibility is a bit poor. Does anyone know if you can book a second service appointment if you've already got one booked? I want to give them chance to try a few software fixes first, but I want to keep the door fix. Can really work out what causes the problem as it seems a bit random.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Had a chat with the "local" dealership about some fixes. My drivers door creaks, and they're going to send someone put to fix it so that sames me an hour trip each way. Did a full reset, but the cameras are still acting wierd, when I was reversing earlier I lost the rear and side cameras, not good when visibility is a bit poor. Does anyone know if you can book a second service appointment if you've already got one booked? I want to give them chance to try a few software fixes first, but I want to keep the door fix. Can really work out what causes the problem as it seems a bit random.
No but if you go to "manage" appointment you can update the description. Also, you can call Tesla and they'll update the info for you.

FYI did you do a full reset or a scroll wheel reset? To do a software reset (known as a soft reset or scroll wheel reset) you just press and hold both scroll wheels for 30s until the screen goes off, then keep holding it until the screen comes back on.

A full reset is done by going in to the menu on the touch screen and choosing full reset. You'll need to sign out of your Tesla account and configure all the settings again, so try the scroll wheel reset first.

Soldato
No but if you go to "manage" appointment you can update the description. Also, you can call Tesla and they'll update the info for you.

FYI did you do a full reset or a scroll wheel reset? To do a software reset (known as a soft reset or scroll wheel reset) you just press and hold both scroll wheels for 30s until the screen goes off, then keep holding it until the screen comes back on.

A full reset is done by going in to the menu on the touch screen and choosing full reset. You'll need to sign out of your Tesla account and configure all the settings again, so try the scroll wheel reset first.
I did both, although some people mention holding the brake pedal at the same time for a soft reset. I might ask the technician when they visit their thoughts, might also try the power off option.

Soldato
I did both, although some people mention holding the brake pedal at the same time for a soft reset. I might ask the technician when they visit their thoughts, might also try the power off option.

no need for brake pedal - just hold down both scroll wheels till screen goes black/off - let go and it comes back on - can take couple of minutes. You can do it whilst driving if you have any issues - it's fine.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
I find it a little alarming that a total reboot of the car is ever required, let alone known about and performed so commonly that people can do it while driving :eek: I have never had to "reboot" a normal car!

Soldato
It’s only the infotainment screen :confused: not sure that needs the dramatic response. Surely it’s actually reassuring that the steering, brakes and accelerator are not not integrated so closely with the infotainment that they go down is it stops working?

Who said it happens all the time?

PS. I have most definitely had to ‘reboot’ a normal car, more than once. It was French so I’ll let your draw your own conclusions there :p

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
I guess alarming was a little bit much :p I have never had to reboot a normal car though - i get the tesla is far more complex but that sounds a little jaguar/landrover flakey to me!

Back
Top Bottom