The Tesla Thread

Soldato
Out of curiosity why blank your number plate and not your neighbours!

Hope it's fixed quickly.....

I don't even know who's car that is, let alone somebody stalking me on the internet.

I don't care about posting my numberplate or even my VIN online, but combined with my other posts here it can be made quite personal.

Soldato
I suppose in a city that's the way it is. Fair call.

Living in a small village everyone's plate is familiar.

When do you reckon you'll hear back? These things s always seem to happen just before the country stops for 2 weeks... Good luck!

Soldato
I suppose in a city that's the way it is. Fair call.

Living in a small village everyone's plate is familiar.

When do you reckon you'll hear back? These things s always seem to happen just before the country stops for 2 weeks... Good luck!

No idea. They asked if I'd be happy to have the car collected on Monday, if I had a driveway or garage that would be no problem but given it was on street and the window was ajar they collected it same day. Point being they won't look at it until Monday anyway and it sounds as though I'll have a loaner anyway.

Driving the Model S 75D was interesting, will be over 200 miles this weekend. Much more of a normal car, faster than my SR+ but feel like I should drive it like a chauffeur.

Associate
Collected ours from Bluewater yesterday morning. Had 48% charge in it, hooked it up to the Supercharger to top it up and headed off for a road test to visit her parents in Essex.

Surprisingly quiet considering it was the last shopping Saturday before Christmas, drove straight in, no queues!

Going to give it a wash/wax later, protect it from the elements (as much as you can anyway).

20211218-110030.jpg

Got it home last night and hooked up to the Hypervolt charger. Really is a lovely car to drive, well happy :)

20211218-162525.jpg

Soldato
Made use of the "emissions" mode. Kids found it hilarious, actually all 4 of us did (wife included).

Guy came and changed the check strap and it still creaks so he's rebooted it and will bring several. Door was OK when shutting when he did it but now there's a clunking noise after the door is shut but delayed by a second or 2. Not sure if it's just a loose wire, or if one of those clips didn't quote press in all the way and it's worked lose.

Last edited:
Associate
Question on the Model 3's that are shown as 'inventory' on Tesla's site. Does anyone have experiencing of buying one of these (as opposed to a factory order?). I'm assuming the cars with less than 50 miles on the clock are cancelled orders, and those with more are likely to be demo cars, right? On that subject, anyone bought an ex-demo car?

Trade in price is looking good for my M135i, I'm very close to pulling the trigger on one.

Soldato
The inventory cars with less than 50 miles on the clock should be brand new cars just not allocated to an open order.

The cars used on test drives, demos etc. will be considerably higher mileage. I did 30 miles on my test drive alone.

Soldato
As above, and that's also because their cars aren't made to order (apart from the tow bar, I believe?). They just make what the predict future orders will look like an allocate on a first-come basis, so if they get that 'wrong' they'll have a surplus. Could be an unusual colour, or just not as many people ordered the white that quarter etc.

Soldato
Question on the Model 3's that are shown as 'inventory' on Tesla's site. Does anyone have experiencing of buying one of these (as opposed to a factory order?). I'm assuming the cars with less than 50 miles on the clock are cancelled orders, and those with more are likely to be demo cars, right? On that subject, anyone bought an ex-demo car?

Trade in price is looking good for my M135i, I'm very close to pulling the trigger on one.

I got one of these (it has 9 miles on the clock) (through a lease scheme at work - I ordered it and they took over the order). It has the usual Tesla share of QC problems but nothing more than any of the others and all of them have been sorted out by Tesla since getting it.

Soldato
I believe any deliveries after 01st November (?) To the UK (i.e. Q4 deliveries) have the new batteries and "free" heated rear seats and steering wheel.

Bit of a lottery on the motor (and increased range) and some apparently being delivered with the "old" rear light clusters

Soldato
The new batteries only apply to the standard range though, now a 60kwh LFP pack.

Long range cars still have the 75(?)kwh LG pack in the U.K. Long range already had the heated stuff included.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Collected ours from Bluewater yesterday morning. Had 48% charge in it, hooked it up to the Supercharger to top it up and headed off for a road test to visit her parents in Essex.

Surprisingly quiet considering it was the last shopping Saturday before Christmas, drove straight in, no queues!

Going to give it a wash/wax later, protect it from the elements (as much as you can anyway).

20211218-110030.jpg

Got it home last night and hooked up to the Hypervolt charger. Really is a lovely car to drive, well happy :)

20211218-162525.jpg
Wish I'd gone for the red. I changed my order at one stage but switched back to black, because I couldn't see an example in the flesh.

The first time I visited the service centre (to get some marks buffed out) I saw a red and was gutted. Oh well, maybe next time! :cool:

Soldato
Small update, swapped my MS 70D from Enterprise with a MS 90D from Tesla on Monday. Staff all fantastic at the service centre. Spoke directly to the 'mechanic' who came out whilst I was there who wanted to ask exactly what happened etc. They'd already replaced the 12v battery by that point which was the cause of my issues so to speak, but they want to find out why the 12v had a problem in the first place or what caused it to drain. He text me yesterday directly:

Good Afternoon Mr X. Just a quick update, we are still looking into the concern with your Model 3. It's taking a little longer as the vehicle is currently operating as designed. Sorry for the inconvenience. Regards Kieran, Tesla Service Bristol.

They've also replaced the front upper control arm ball joints under warranty so they obviously gave the whole car a going over as soon as it arrived.

Back
Top Bottom