The Tesla Thread

Soldato
Got a test drive booked in for Saturday.

Going to start calling around for quotes to get a charger installed. Did most of you get the official Tesla one? Does it make a difference which one you get?

We use a BP charge master only because the Mrs got it as part of the deal when she got her hybrid Merc

Given you can schedule charging and adjust amps from the App the charging station isn't so important. I've heard of people getting a standard commando socket installed instead ....

Don’t you have 2 kids? Why not get a long range Model Y?

I have 2 kids in the M3 - no issues at all

Soldato
Not sure any new colour is contingent on Berlin, it’s just changing the paint over and updating the website at the end of the day.

They used to do a wider range of colours back in the beginning before discontinuing them. The reason they got rid of them was to save in cost and making the inventory easier to manage.

As i understand Berlin and a new paint shop is the enabler for the larger range of colours.

Soldato
I doubt the U.K. will be getting cars from Berlin so it might even be a mute point. I’d put money in RHD continuing to come from China for the foreseeable.

I expect when they are ready to launch new colours, they’ll do so in all markets otherwise they just get a load of people whining about it on Twitter.

Caporegime
Don’t you have 2 kids? Why not get a long range Model Y?
This is “my” car, the wife will still have her Passat GTE Advance Estate for a few years yet. When that gets replaced it will be with something akin to the Model X or Y.

As I’ll be on my own 90% of the time, a Model 3 is more appealing. I currently manage fine with my 440i convertible, even with 2 kids :p

Associate
Yeah that seems to be the general consensus. Red with white interior is really nice, black (exterior) is probably the best, but would be hell to live with.

I like the black exterior (ignoring how quickly it get's dirty) due to the fact that the glass roof and the body panels match in colour.

Soldato
Booked in to get my wireless charging / usb c fitted tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed it goes ahead.

Looks like the non-data version, so no Sonic until they sort out Bluetooth controllers. Not really a big deal imho.

If non-data only, tell them you want some compsenation damn. This is a brand new expensive car and just having to deal with stuff even for me as a Tesla Fanboi isn't on.
I assume the glovebox USB is at least data for dash cam?

Soldato
If non-data only, tell them you want some compsenation damn. This is a brand new expensive car and just having to deal with stuff even for me as a Tesla Fanboi isn't on.
I assume the glovebox USB is at least data for dash cam?

The part is without data. I didn't wait for them to contact me. Plan to accept and then persue one with data later.

Yeah Glovebox is data and I can partition a drive if I wanted to use it for other features. Not that I need any other than sentry/dashcam.

Only thing I won't have is ability to plug in a game controller at the same time, well unless I use a hub. Honestly not really something I think I'll ever need.

Soldato
The part is without data. I didn't wait for them to contact me. Plan to accept and then persue one with data later.

Yeah Glovebox is data and I can partition a drive if I wanted to use it for other features. Not that I need any other than sentry/dashcam.

Only thing I won't have is ability to plug in a game controller at the same time, well unless I use a hub. Honestly not really something I think I'll ever need.
Even if you don’t want it, make a fuss. Get some compo.

Soldato
This is “my” car, the wife will still have her Passat GTE Advance Estate for a few years yet. When that gets replaced it will be with something akin to the Model X or Y.

As I’ll be on my own 90% of the time, a Model 3 is more appealing. I currently manage fine with my 440i convertible, even with 2 kids :p
Some people seem to think you need a q7 with kids (infact I'm sure someone on here needed a q7 with 1 child:cry:).

Soldato
I messed around earlier making a custom sound for Boombox on beep... then I discovered it's on on UK 3's. I'm sure the car I test drove earlier last year had it!

Caporegime

I’m intrigued, is this an official retrofit of the 2021 refresh wireless charger and USB-C ports? If so that opens up the option of buying an older used vehicle for me…

Back
Top Bottom