The Tesla Thread

Soldato
I'm looking at getting a new one as well, but I really don't think the Performance is worth 10k more? I'm just using it as a family car though and won't be putting it on a track, so the brake feel won't really make much difference to me.

Going for performance and the red has a massive amount of appeal I can see just to tell the world you’re not the latest company car driver who ticked a box :p

Caporegime
Going for performance and the red has a massive amount of appeal I can see just to tell the world you’re not the latest company car driver who ticked a box :p
That does have a certain appeal. White SR+ with no options is essentially 75% of the used inventory, every single Model 3 I’ve seen on the road today (except one parked up, which was blue) was white. :(

Soldato
I doubt 99.9% of the world would be able to tell the difference. ;)

I'm swaying towards a red LR, possibly white interior. I have two kids, but my old X3 m40i white interior stood up OK, although I have a dog now which is an added risk. She'll go in the boot though. :D

Soldato
Does the Ryzen offer anything over faster loading apps and better games in the future? I'm not sure it's worth the loss of miles range tbh. Pros and Cons I guess.

Associate
There’s a Reddit post stating that a Service Advisor told a customer that all 11/01/22 and later built cars would be Ryzen based cars with the lithium battery.

Cars "built" or "delivered"? If your car is getting delivered in a week then it must have been built weeks/months ago and its just got off its slow boat ride from China?

Caporegime
Awkward - no I didn't know that, I just assumed it was from the shape and that the Model S is a hatch. Oh well, thanks for saving me a 15 mile trip to the dealer to try one - it turns out the Model 3 is less practical than my BMW i3 for my use.
Sounds like a Model Y is a better fit for you, but they are £5k more.

Soldato
Polestar P2 or BMW i4 if you want a hatch in that body shape. Or go up to a Model Y if you want to stick to Tesla, it’s an extra £5k but it’s way more practical then a 3.

Associate
I doubt 99.9% of the world would be able to tell the difference. ;)

I'm swaying towards a red LR, possibly white interior. I have two kids, but my old X3 m40i white interior stood up OK, although I have a dog now which is an added risk. She'll go in the boot though. :D

My white interior is holding up ok. I'm a HGV Technician and my work mates have all said 'you sure?!' I have a seat cover for driver's seat anyway for commuting. Keep a pack of baby wipes (as recommended by the Tesla M3 FB group!) for light marks that come off of jeans and they clean up with no issues.

Associate
Awkward - no I didn't know that, I just assumed it was from the shape and that the Model S is a hatch. Oh well, thanks for saving me a 15 mile trip to the dealer to try one - it turns out the Model 3 is less practical than my BMW i3 for my use.

It is the one giant issue with the M3 for many people.

daz

daz

Soldato
You can still fold the seats flat and get a lot of stuff in, albeit you don't get the full height because of the fixed shelf in the back like you would if it was a proper hatch. Have used mine for numerous dump runs.

Soldato
To be honest, I’d prefer a hatch but overall I preferred the Tesla to anything else on the market at that price point.

I Just weighted up how many times in the last 3 years I needed to put something large and tall into the back of my previous car, realised it was only 2-3 times, shrugged my shoulders and bought it anyway.

I don’t have a dog or anything like that. You can pretty much get anything delivered these days and that’s normally the preferred option. I wouldn’t want to be cramming an old washing machine into the back of my brand new car even if it fit.

Obviously your mileage may vary.

Back
Top Bottom