The Tesla Thread

Soldato
Mine gives me a blast of cold air at knee hight from time to time too. I wonder if it's related to the octovalve somehow. Or maybe it's like the hot tap, if it's not been hot in as while the first bit might be cold?!?

Soldato
So my 2020 M3 SR+ has broken down again. Pretty much exactly the same thing that happened in December in that the 12v has gone completely flat (and it's brand new as of December).

Most worrying was the system starting shutting down on the motorway, accelerator basically came off and I had to drift into the hard shoulder. Few errors. Was driving with the nieces who we'd just picked up (good timing) who had to stand behind the barrier whilst I called Tesla. A reset did nothing but a turn off did

Carried on for a further 8 miles and made it to a shopping centre where we were scheduling to charge. Charger didn't work (but that's irrelevant), when we returned it was a no go. What started as the "put your foot on the brake for 30 seconds to warm up" turned into literally every error in the manual before the 12v eventually died again and you can't even open doors.

Sat in the car for 4 hours whilst everyone else got a taxi and then the recovery people sent a 12 tonne truck which, obviously, couldn't get into the multistorey.

I gave the recovery guy my card who said they may not even be able to recover it until tomorrow morning and left. God knows if it's still there or not.

Cycling of errors:

The red flashing and errors are what I got on the motorway doing 70 which is pretty disconcerting when you've got your two nieces in the back.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Oof! Glad you managed to get somewhere safe … what are Tesla doing about it?

Soldato
It’s could well have been the charger modules that charges the 12v rather than the 12v itself.

Either way that’s pretty rubbish that the car has left you stranded twice.

Soldato
I mean it was in for two weeks of diagnostics before (albeit over the Christmas period) and they replaced the entire high voltage harness which is a £250 odd part.

That clearly wasn't the issue. I've only done 750 miles since I got it back!

Doesn't give me much confidence for the next repair, and I've been super lucky that both times it's happened I've been in Bristol. A fault is fine, two identical catastrophic faults and a misdiagnosis is a bit different.

Associate
I mean it was in for two weeks of diagnostics before (albeit over the Christmas period) and they replaced the entire high voltage harness which is a £250 odd part.

That clearly wasn't the issue. I've only done 750 miles since I got it back!

Doesn't give me much confidence for the next repair, and I've been super lucky that both times it's happened I've been in Bristol. A fault is fine, two identical catastrophic faults and a misdiagnosis is a bit different.
I had a PCS failure which stopped the 12v battery charging properly, apparently its a 1/4000 car fault. Would explain your issues.

Soldato
Just used a supercharger for the first time (yesterday) as am in the lake district and I don't think many places have chargers. Used it again today and it doesn't seem to have charged me anything for yesterday, however today was 47p/kwh:eek:, I though the chargers were something like 26p, bit annoyed as I didn't see any pricing on them, and assumed it was less than that (obviously didn't have much choice), so it cost me 30 quid to fill up (60kwh, was touch and go lol).

Soldato
Just used a supercharger for the first time (yesterday) as am in the lake district and I don't think many places have chargers. Used it again today and it doesn't seem to have charged me anything for yesterday, however today was 47p/kwh:eek:, I though the chargers were something like 26p, bit annoyed as I didn't see any pricing on them, and assumed it was less than that (obviously didn't have much choice), so it cost me 30 quid to fill up (60kwh, was touch and go lol).

There were news articles this week that public charger prices have gone up 50% or so recently.

Soldato

Pricing is shown on the map pins on the sat nav. Its supposed to show you the session costs on the screen while charging but for some reason mine refuses to do that (according to the charging screen in mine its never used a supercharger even though I've used 4 different ones in the last month.....)

Soldato
There were news articles this week that public charger prices have gone up 50% or so recently.
Balls, not that I've got much choice, we brought the Model 3, as the fiesta fiesta might have been a tad small for 2 adults and 2 kids plus luggage.
I'll have to just take it on the chin, it's more than I was expecting, although I thought it being less than the cap seemed too good to be true. Didn't want to use the granny lead where I'm staying as the outside plug looks like it also serves a hot tub so don't want to overload it.

I'll check the pins tabs tomorrow when next in the car, annoyingly I'll provably have to fill up 2 or 3 more times this week as we're a bit too far away from everywhere (good or bad depending on your pov).

Soldato
Pretty much all non-subsidised rapids cost at least 50p/kwh, most are more. Commercial energy is not subject to the price cap.

By non-subsidised chargers I mean those that are not free, subject to a subscription or are just very cheap like the pop point rapids at Lidl or Tesco which are 25p or something daft like that. Either way, its WAY below cost price to supply the power.

Soldato
So almost home after our trip. Was a bit touch and go with ghe dodgy range estimations in the Model 3 (used 63kwh filling it up :eek: ), but overall quite pleased. Think I filled up 136kwh since last sat so quite a bit of driving. Mostly from superchargers, but I still think it was cheaper if we'd taken the fiesta. Not bad going, but had a little scare as going round a very angled corner the car caught the skid pan. As we've just done 150 odd Mike's with no issues, I assume all OK. Did make me wince though.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

My model 3 rejection was accepted. Car handed back last week and the replacement due August - October.

Back driving a Corsa at the moment which feels like a toy :D

Soldato
So my 20,850 mile old M3P went in for a front sensor replacement a few weeks ago (paid £250 for that) and they decided to seal the upper control arms at the front (as a warranty recall). A week ago I start hearing creaking noises from the front o/s wheel....front control arm bearings have lost their grease :(

Booked in for the end of the month..meanwhile it sounds like I am driving an old pirate ship!

Back
Top Bottom