The Tesla Thread

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

What issues did you have with it, also how did you find the process?
Charge port was replaced but it continued to have intermittent issues (identified by an amber T logo on the port which reduces charge speeds).

Whole experience was a pain in the *** to be honest. I can't go in to too much detail as I'm still waiting for my deposit but it wasn't straightforward even though it should have been.

Associate
Tesla owners - assuming that Tesla does eventually open up the remainder of the superchargers to non-Tesla users in the UK, would you still get another Tesla when replacing your car or would you get something else?

Associate
I was torn between the M3 and the Polestar2, but the superchargers swayed me in favour of the M3. I could quite easily go with a different manufacturer next time.

Soldato
I’m not brand loyal so it would depend who offered the best package at the right price at the time I was buying.

I’ll not be looking to change anytime soon based on current prices. Model 3 SR+ is almost £48.5k now, I paid £41-42k.

Associate
Had Tesla out today for my M3P as randomly cruise control wouldn't be available and no cars in lanes would show up on the screen. I also would get a warning on the screen for emergency breaking disabled.

They changed the left hand camera for some reason and reset the cameras so I needed to do a calibration again

It's an intermittent problem and doesnt do it all the time but it's a right pain when u go to use cruise control and it dont work.

Anyway will see how it pans out. I am seeing some large vampire drain on the battery when it's sitting on the driveway as well, sentry mode off, the guy said they can monitor that sort of stuff and find out where the power is going while it's idle or sleeping, may raise a new case for this if it continues

Soldato
Had Tesla out today for my M3P as randomly cruise control wouldn't be available and no cars in lanes would show up on the screen. I also would get a warning on the screen for emergency breaking disabled.

They changed the left hand camera for some reason and reset the cameras so I needed to do a calibration again

It's an intermittent problem and doesnt do it all the time but it's a right pain when u go to use cruise control and it dont work.

Anyway will see how it pans out. I am seeing some large vampire drain on the battery when it's sitting on the driveway as well, sentry mode off, the guy said they can monitor that sort of stuff and find out where the power is going while it's idle or sleeping, may raise a new case for this if it continues

Turning off cabin overheat protection solved the phantom drain problem for me. I could see the car waking up often via TeslaFi.

Associate

I had autopilot not activate a couple times the last month. Not since I got 2022.16.1.1 touch wood. Totally a software issue though imo. It's the blessing and pitfall if constant updates. Some have bugs that slip in.

Associate
Well I turned off overhear protection last night, didn't even know it was on to be fair, teslafi shows the car has been asleep all night. I'll check the battery when I go out later

I am on software update 2022.12.3.5, how do software updates work? I only had the car a few weeks can you get a later update someway?

Soldato
The car will tell you when the update is pending so you can hot spot it for when it needs doing, assuming you have the data.

The map updates (which I think you’ll be due too)are big. Like 10’s of Gbs

Associate
i was on 2022.12.3.2 and then got 2022.16.1.1
had the car 2.5 years. its all just based on tesla pushing out to different groups of cars
tesla fi gives good visibility of overall fleet update activity. look like 22.16.1.2 is now the next push, so hopefully you get that in the next week or two.

Associate
Seems like it must have been overheat protection because I only lost 1% overnight which is fine.

I don't have my home charger yet but will soon.

I drove 10 miles today in chill and used autopilot for the majority of the journey up the A1 and teslafi says I used more like 15miles of battery but I guess this is pretty normal with other bits running in the car like stereo and AC or heat.

If I use sport mode and hit that great acceleration my god it absolutely drinks the battery, guess with the larger wheels on it as well it's not very efficient

Soldato
Tesla owners - assuming that Tesla does eventually open up the remainder of the superchargers to non-Tesla users in the UK, would you still get another Tesla when replacing your car or would you get something else?

2.5 years with M3, used Superchargers maybe 7/8 times - doesn't bother me at all about opening it up. Trade in M3 this week for MY

Soldato
As my M3 journey comes to an end (trading for MY on Thursday) - thoughts on my first jump into EV's after nearly 3 years with a Tesla (2019 SR+)

I've probably been lucky to benefit for all of this. Bought at the right time, and with pricing in the 2nd hand market going mental... it was a good chance to trade in/up

Bought M3 SR+ nearly 3 years ago. Had a issue with AC charging after a week or so with the car - went back to Telsa to get sorted and took a few weeks to get parts but I had a loaner Model S for that period of time so no great issues - problem sorted and zero issues since then.

Benefited from £37.4k price (after £3.5k grant), (Now £48k !!!), 100% First Year allowance via Ltd company, cheap charger install with various grants from Government and Scottish Government. Also got 6 years interest free loan via Energy Savings Trust for £35k.

Then 0/1% BIK via business.

All in very very good deal for me.

Car has been zero hassle for family of 4, 14 year old son has tons of room in the back and we've been away up north of Scotland on week long trips, weekends down to England etc - no issues. Initially always a talking point with people when they were more "rare" on the road.

Obviously it was coming up for first MOT so I was looking around and decided to upgrade to Model Y after a test drive, mainly looking at the bigger boot for the dog we have. M3 boot is big but not really feasible for the dog due to the opening.

Tesla offered a bonkers trade in of £36.4k for my 2.5 year old car. So it's only cost me £1k for 2.5 years of driving it, no tyres needed so far on 17k mileage.

Add to that my local authority still has public chargers that are free! (7kw/22kw and 50kw)- Bonkers - so ridiculous. So between free charging at public chargers and some home charging - it's has cost me around £280 in home charging for 17k miles, the rest being free public charging (Also had 2000 free supercharging miles for a couple of referrals codes I gave to others who bought cars). Rarely used superchargers but anytime I have, easy simple and no hassle.

So for me - total win win.

Picking up Model Y next week so hopefully another 3 years+ of happy cheap motoring!

Overall so long as they keep expanding the networks for charging, I don't ever see me returning to ICE car in anyway as I'm totally comfortable with electric/range etc.

Soldato
Just washing the car and noticed the door seals on both rear doors are lose, on the angled bit. I'm going to see if it's covered by warranty (quick Google tells me maybe, that's why I'm mentioning it).

Back
Top Bottom