Test @ 9.50am Tomorrow

Caporegime
So, it's T Day tomorrow.

Had a lesson today and got through it 100% perfectly. Have a lesson pre-test tomorrow too.

Can someone maybe give a few examples of what would be considered minors, and would is considered a major?

Transmission breaker
Don
Just drive properly, and dont worry about over analysing!

The more worried you are about the little things, the more likely you are to fail. Try to relax, and drive like you do every day. Big picture. The tester just wants to know that you are safe and confident and can do the manovers.

Eat well, sleep well, avoid coffee/red-bull type stff, and you will be fine :)

Caporegime
OP
If your so close to doing your test you should know this.

My instructor basically said consider every mistake a fail, that way you'll try harder. :p

I've never been worried about any test or exam so hopefully that carries through to this.

I do have a regular problem sleeping though so hope it doesn't affect me.

At least 3 nights out of the week I can't sleep until past 4am.

Permabanned
Majors are anything that cause/could cause another road user to change speed or direction (e.g. pulling out in front of someone).

Minors are anything else that you are supposed to have done but did not come under the criteria for a major (e.g. forgetting to check a mirror).

Soldato
Whatever you do, do not assess yourself. Do not think "Oh **** I've failed. Might as well quit now." No matter how much of a mistake you think you've done.

It is not your job to decide that, and will only make you more tense and your driving worse.

Soldato
My only minor was for not quite slowing down enough coming off the dual carriageway (on a very short slip road!) and having to yank the car round the corner a little.

Prior to that though I had failed 5 tests, 4 of which were for observation - don't underestimate using your mirrors!

Above all though, relax and remember that you own the car; if you want to have the windows down, do it - if you want the instructor to turn on the heater, ask him!

Associate
Just be very specific when using your mirrors especially when setting off.
Also in any of the manouvers touching the kerb isnt a fail however mounting the kerb is.
Another pointer, once you have completed a manouver 'emergency stop, reverse round a corner etc' make sure that you check BOTH sides of the car for blind spots. If you've done an emergency stop and are in the middle of the road, failing to check both sides is a major as there is possibility of a bike as such on the road which could approach the car at either side.

Soldato
pretend to fall asleep whilst on the bypass (just keep your right eye open)

that'll score you good marks!

____

na but seriously when ur on your test it flys and hoping you dont get a miserable test person, when they talk to you get talking back :)

good luck dude

Caporegime
When checking your mirror just flick your head slightly to show you are doing so. All my minors were for being to careful! - undue hesitation. So don't think poodling around and being over careful will get you though because it'll cost you.

Back
Top Bottom