Test @ 9.50am Tomorrow

Associate
God damn I hate driving tests.
I failed my first too, much in the same vein as yourself, nerves got the best of me big style. Second time pffft much easier and had one of the best tests the guy had seen.

Same happend with my c1 test, failed the first, second was a doddle.

And now I'm a authorised blue light driver, so can be all bad :p

Soldato
Unlucky. I was really nervous on my first one, but so much calmer on my second (even though on the second one i had the chief examiner and his chief examiner in the car!).

It's true, the best drivers pass 2nd time (Jenson Button did!)

Soldato
Unlucky. I was really nervous on my first one, but so much calmer on my second (even though on the second one i had the chief examiner and his chief examiner in the car!).

It's true, the best drivers pass 2nd time (Jenson Button did!)

Same as me, completely messed up my first test which I blame on booking it at a test centre 15 miles away due to me being impatient.

The second time I had the examiner and the chief examiner in the back seat and I drove perfect. The look on his face when he told me to do a bay park in the test centre with only 3 cars in and I decided to park it right between two of the cars instead of a row of empty spaces was priceless.

Soldato
I failed yesterday too. 2 minors and 1 serious. The serious was because I started to creep out around a corner to see if anything was coming and the examiner thought I was going to pull out :o I've never been so angry, I was literally gritting my teeth.

Last edited:
Soldato
Unlucky! Luckly I passed first time god knows how though as my left leg went into a spasm of nerves on my reverse around corner! The bugger tested me on everything aswell!

Get another one booked!

Aero

Soldato
Unlucky mate. I've never understood why people get so nervous about their driving test, it's not as if you'll get taken out round the back and beaten senseless if you fail. I'm an incredibly nervous guy sometimes but the driving test was a laugh to be honest, guess it largely depends on the examiner. Chill and remember that if, generally, you're driving is excellent there have been cases where the examiner will pass you anyway. Good luck!!

Also try and break the ice with the examiner, get chatting, be nice. I suspect they fail a lot of people on the basis they are over-confident and arrogant. Suck his balls if you have to tbh.

Soldato
If I could give you a bit of advice for a retest - everybody I've spoken to seems to have more luck when going into the test 'cold' instead of off the back of a lesson.

Theory is that you can only concentrate for so long a time before your mind begins to involuntarily switch off, I'd suggest go out the night before but come the day of the test you make the test the first bit of driving you do.

Different strokes for different folks and such, I wish you the best of luck for the next time.

Associate
I always thought confidence is key, not as in 'I can do no wrong'. If you can drive faultlessly with your instructor, then just go into it with the normal attitude as you do with every other lesson.

If you don't mind chatting whilst driving, that can help too. If the examiner doesn't ask about college/uni/job/hobbies you can start the conversation about something topical or perhaps something you noticed about the examiner.

This is pretty much how I went about my test when I took it, passed first time with 4 minors.

Soldato
I also recieved minors for driving with undue hesitancy and driving at an unsuitable speed or something. I crept over the 30 mark once and twice was guilty of staying at 30 in a 40 knowing I was turning off.

Bad news about not passing, but when I did my test I got a major for doing 30 in a 40, it was a road I was kind of familiar with, and I was sure there should have been a 40 sign I just passed, but there were trees obscuring both signs. I saw the 30 signs going the other way in my mirrors and accelerated, so it was probabaly 50 meters or so, and that was a major apparently :rolleyes:

Although I had 2 other majors so I wouldn't have passed anyway - I joined a round about when the exit wasn't clear so could have stopped cars trying to go to another exit, and I didn't join a round about as the exit wasn't clear, and I didn't want to block other cars, so got a major for hesitation :confused:

My first examiner was a **** said nothing for the whole test other than instructions, and I was pretty nervous anyway. The second examiner was a top guy, dead friendly and put me at ease. Really I would have said there was no huge difference in my driving quality between the 2 tests, but having a friendly examiner made a world of difference.

Good luck with your retest :)

Back
Top Bottom