Test Drive Unlimited 3 is officially being made :)

Soldato
Couldnt give a monkey about the mmo aspect i hope its optional as never did it with tdu 1 and 2, long as i can play on my own with no microtransactions or subscription fees and the odd time i might wana play online mode with a friend but not mmo just normal 2p race with a friend without paying or touching the mmo stuff id be ok with.

Man of Honour
Is anyone else slightly concerned that they've included 2 images in that update, neither of which feature roads or cars?

I'm not really expecting a game based on driving. Times have changed and making actual games isn't where the big profit is. I expect the game to include spyware to a degree that would have been considered major league malware back in the days when TDU2 came out and a bazillion "micro"transactions with a desperate push for peer pressure to ensure that players who've spent £60 on the game will spend much more than that on in-game outfits, jewelry, furniture, paintings, etc, etc. It's being positioned as a "lifestyle" game, after all. Plenty of people pay businesses a great deal for the "privilege" of being a walking advert for the business. It's bizarre, but that's how it is. Plenty of people will pay £25 for a pair of trainers plus £100 for the "privilege" of being a walking advert for the manufacturer or £50 for a bag plus £500 for the "privilege" of being a walking advert for the manufacturer or £100 for a watch plus £1000 for the "privilege" of being a walking advert for the manufacturer...etc, etc. So they'll pay real world money for a virtual pair of shoes in their "lifestyle" game...and more for other virtual clothes...and more for virtual furniture...and more and more and more.

But maybe they'll consider it worth making the driving part good on the basis that it will extend the size and duration of the more profitable part.

Back
Top Bottom