• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

TFT and LCD TV screen res and refresh rate wont stay when i change

Associate
Urgent help needed. TFT to LCD screen res and refresh rate.

Hi folks

I currently have a Viewsonic 19" TFT monitor. Its resolutions are set as 1280 by 1024 pixels, the refresh rate is 60 Hertz and colour quality is highest (32 bit).

I have just taken delivery of A Samsung LE26R41BD LCD TV.

My computer is a Athlon 64 3000+, Nvidia PNY 6600GT 128mb AGP graphics card, X-Fi Xtreme music sound card, 1024 mb memory, 160gb hard drive

So here's the problem. I have deleted the Viewsonic drivers and changed the Res to 800 by 600 pixels, colour quality medium (16bit) with a refresh rate of 60 hertz (as this is a supported display mode the Samsung has), applied the changes. Shut down the computer disconnected the DVI connector and connected the VGA connector. Turned on the TV and PC. When the TV is in PC Mode you can see the PC start up on the TV then just before it reaches the blue welcome to windows screen the TV throws up 'Not Supported Mode'.

Okay so I shut down the computer disconnected the TV and reconnected the Viewsonic monitor to find that the resolution is still 1280 by 1024 and still the colour quality is highest (32 bit).

I have been at this now for about 45mins and no matter what screen res and refresh rate I change and apply the TV shows 'Not Supported Mode'. When I reconnect the Viewsonic the screen res always reverts back to 1280 by 1024.

This is probably why the TV shows 'Not Supported Mode' because for some reason when I restart the PC it seems to revert back to 1280 by 1024 which is a resolution not supported by the TV.

Can anyone please save my sanity and let me what I am doing or have done wrong.

Thanks in advance for any opinions, advice.

Back
Top Bottom