*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I've been very lucky, been eating far more than usual, but thanks to a weeks skiing over Xmas week its kept basically all the fat off. Think I'll get a pic up today/tomorrow before I ruin it all over the next 2 weeks (NYE, refreshers etc).

Kept on with the PLP as I was abroad, at 21 now and managed 3-4 Mwods whilst away so all in all a good active Xmas for the first time ever.

Man of Honour
One of the plus points of working 18-19hour days for most of the last month is that I haven't had time to indulge too much :D
It also means I've not been getting to the gym as much as I'd like but that's easily solved once the opening hours go back to normal.

Associate
Im on the lookout for a new gym, my very local gym thats in walking distance has become a bit of a joke and is run by my local council. They make up different price packages every time I ask how much a month, they keep adding that I can also use these facilities and others around my area (talking driving distance) within the price of this package plans which I do not want.

Ive asked the receptionist and the manager that all I want is to use the gym and thats it. However they do not seem to understand me.....

Ive got afew more choices in gyms within 20mins driving distance, David lloyd, Fit4Less and DW Sports. Has anyone had any previous experiences with these gyms?

Ive also chosen the wrong time to find a new gym (I was working temp for royal mail in December) I dont want to be "one of them".

Associate
Im on the lookout for a new gym, my very local gym thats in walking distance has become a bit of a joke and is run by my local council. They make up different price packages every time I ask how much a month, they keep adding that I can also use these facilities and others around my area (talking driving distance) within the price of this package plans which I do not want.

Ive asked the receptionist and the manager that all I want is to use the gym and thats it. However they do not seem to understand me.....

Ive got afew more choices in gyms within 20mins driving distance, David lloyd, Fit4Less and DW Sports. Has anyone had any previous experiences with these gyms?

Ive also chosen the wrong time to find a new gym (I was working temp for royal mail in December) I dont want to be "one of them".

David lloyd IMO has a good amount of equipment but you pay for that (well up here anyway) memberships go up to £70 a month which is a rip off imo, but sure you can get one cheaper depending on TYPE of membership, but in all fairness good gym.

Only issue is with mainstream gyms your punted with all the bellends tight t-shirt crew etc which stresses me out hence why I train early morning as it's dead. What annoys me though is gyms in town center such as your pure gyms and other gyms sit at as low as 10-15 pounds per month and most are 24 hour gym, in terms of equipment it's actually very good surprisingly. Yet im paying £52 for crappy bannatynes as it's the best one here in terms of equipment yet infact technogym I couldn't even class as "decent" equipment it's plastic garbage economy rubbish. If only I had the money to build my own gym :(

Associate
David lloyd IMO has a good amount of equipment but you pay for that (well up here anyway) memberships go up to £70 a month which is a rip off imo, but sure you can get one cheaper depending on TYPE of membership, but in all fairness good gym.

Only issue is with mainstream gyms your punted with all the bellends tight t-shirt crew etc which stresses me out hence why I train early morning as it's dead. What annoys me though is gyms in town center such as your pure gyms and other gyms sit at as low as 10-15 pounds per month and most are 24 hour gym, in terms of equipment it's actually very good surprisingly. Yet im paying £52 for crappy bannatynes as it's the best one here in terms of equipment yet infact technogym I couldn't even class as "decent" equipment it's plastic garbage economy rubbish. If only I had the money to build my own gym :(

Yeah Ive heard the horrible mess of payments that is David Lloyd gyms, I have just remembered a small non chain private gym not so far from me (same sort of distance as these other gyms I mentioned). I may check the place out, see if its got a nice atmos. Also I hear you about the tight shirt crew... dont think I could be arsed with that but I will also be training after 9am times and no later than 12pm.

Man of Honour
how much does an olympic-fitting EZ curl bar weigh? i cant find a definitive answer due to weak google-fu

They can vary so the only way to be absolutely sure is to weigh it yourself, however 7.5kg is about the average I think.

where is the 2012 Gym rats thread ?

Maybe everyone is recovering from last night? Feel free to start a new thread for 2012 if you want.

Soldato
how much does an olympic-fitting EZ curl bar weigh? i cant find a definitive answer due to weak google-fu

They can vary so the only way to be absolutely sure is to weigh it yourself, however 7.5kg is about the average I think.

Yeah as SPW says, they can vary quite a bit depending on who makes them. Anything from 7.5 to 15. I don't worry too much, just as long as the weights/reps keep going up.

Associate
hi,

im looking for a weight gainer and was hoping for some recommendations. iv tried total gainer from MP but i found the mixability to be abit bad. any other suggestions?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom