*** The 2019 Gym Rats Thread ***

Permabanned
I gotta ask guys, does anyone here calculate there macros on the daily when they're trying to bring their body fat percentage down?

I've been sticking to the suggested calorie deficit put forward by MyFitnessPal (around 1800 on average) and am not finding it particularly difficult. Does calculating your macros help to any great extent? I'm hitting my protein goals almost every day (or close enough as makes no difference) and seem to always have enough carbs in my at the end of the day to carry me through my workout. I've done several macros calculations, but it always seems to suggest around 2300 calories a day even when I'm understating my workout regime and general lifestyle...

My understanding has always been that a deficit is all that required to loose fat...

Soldato
The one thing that I have consistently found to help OHP is volume. Lots of volume. Sets of 8 or 10 or more complicated "ramp-test-ramp-test" regimes...

Besides... a little bit of hypertrophy never hurt anybody. :cool:

I can vouch for this, I've always found volume for shoulders has helped my overall strength. I used to do 5x5 or similar for my working set and then drop it by 10kg or so and do quite a few sets of 10.. or if I failed my working set, id make them punishment sets and do a lot more volume haha.

Soldato
My understanding has always been that a deficit is all that required to loose fat...
A deficit is all that is required to lose weight, knowing for certain you are in a deficit and how much weight you should expect to lose over what timer period is much less commonly understood.

Permabanned
A deficit is all that is required to lose weight, knowing for certain you are in a deficit and how much weight you should expect to lose over what timer period is much less commonly understood.

I suppose I'm just going to have to feel it out as time goes on really :/

Permabanned
Also making sure you expectations are set to the right level. 0.5lb-1lb weight loss per week at most after the initial diet honeymoon period has settled.

Indeed, I think I've pretty much passed the honeymoon period now as managed to shift a stone in around 2 months towards the end of last year. It's definitely been slow going since Christmas...

Just make sure you keep your protein up and lift weights and you'll be golden.

Aye. It's been difficult to turn down my lovely mothers exquisite home cooking almost every night but dammit I need those eggs in me!

In other news, think I finally nailed my bench press form last night. I took the weight right down to 20kgs again and spent around 4 sets there making sure that everything was correct throughout the movement and I think I've got it nailed now... Going to slap another 20 on there tonight and see if it carries through.

kai

kai

Soldato
1st time today training in over a year without covering up in a hoody. 3 weeks dieting' and i see vascularity :) Starting to see that i have put a fair amount of muscle mass on in over 16 months.

Man of Honour
1st time today training in over a year without covering up in a hoody. 3 weeks dieting' and i see vascularity :) Starting to see that i have put a fair amount of muscle mass on in over 16 months.

Good stuff :)

The next few weeks are going to be tough. Job prospects have entirely distracted me. Hopefully it all works out. I’m not good when not in my routine.

Associate
Hi guys, been training on and off for 3 years now. Been more consistent training and with my diet also. Around 4-5 times a week. Im normally doing 2 weights days with my pt, 2 days cardio with 20 mins hiit training either on a rowing machine or bike, 1 day functional training either with trx or resistance bands/weight plates. I’m currently at 77kg and 5”10. My body fat percentage is around 18%. I’m looking for some diet advice on how to lose body fat and still put on mass. My daily diet consists of 2 egg omelette, small nesquik milkshake, portion of macadamia nuts, apple and pear. Green tea, chicken salad with 200g chicken. 30g dark chocolate 70% cocoa, Nutribullet juice - plain yoghurt, mixed berries and banana. Grilled chicken and brown rice with salad or chicken wrap. Gym then salmon or chicken with veg. Is there anything you guys would change to see more results?

Soldato
Hi guys, been training on and off for 3 years now. Been more consistent training and with my diet also. Around 4-5 times a week. Im normally doing 2 weights days with my pt, 2 days cardio with 20 mins hiit training either on a rowing machine or bike, 1 day functional training either with trx or resistance bands/weight plates. I’m currently at 77kg and 5”10. My body fat percentage is around 18%. I’m looking for some diet advice on how to lose body fat and still put on mass. My daily diet consists of 2 egg omelette, small nesquik milkshake, portion of macadamia nuts, apple and pear. Green tea, chicken salad with 200g chicken. 30g dark chocolate 70% cocoa, Nutribullet juice - plain yoghurt, mixed berries and banana. Grilled chicken and brown rice with salad or chicken wrap. Gym then salmon or chicken with veg. Is there anything you guys would change to see more results?
First off, use new lines to break up the text :D
Makes it easier to read the food, breaking up the ingredients/meals

Next add up your carbs/prots/fats
Hit your protein and keep calories down, if you're not losing, drop a bit more calories.

Back
Top Bottom