***The 2020 Gym Rats Thread*** ᕦ( ͠°◞ °)ᕥ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Hi guys new here!

After for some advice. Im 6ft 3inches and weight 96kg so a bit over weight. I want to lose the belly fat etc, shall I just do cardio or shall i incorporate some weight training as well?

Also what diet should I be looking at?

Thanks
Cardio /weights doesn't matter, all down to what you enjoy. Some get on with running, some find it boring etc.
Exercise helps you create a calorie deficit without feeling starved.

Diet wise, addfup what you already eat, check your portions are alright, make them a bit smaller to create that deficit, try to cut out needless snacking but don't deny the odd treat.

Just track everything, helps you become more mindful

Soldato
Cardio /weights doesn't matter, all down to what you enjoy. Some get on with running, some find it boring etc.
Exercise helps you create a calorie deficit without feeling starved.

Diet wise, addfup what you already eat, check your portions are alright, make them a bit smaller to create that deficit, try to cut out needless snacking but don't deny the odd treat.

Just track everything, helps you become more mindful

Thanks.

I was going to gym regularly until covid happened and been a bit lazy. Got back into walking few weeks ago so I go on long walks about 4 days of the week and do feel better. I eat quite healthy and put all my intake on mynetdiary.com and came to 2400 calories. I reckon I can shave off 200 to 300 calories, also managed to get some weights so will do that 3 days a week :)

Man of Honour
Well I might have gone through the patio, but it was a good deadlift session otherwise. Must have been hollow under the slab. I’ll cement it back together :p

Soldato
Weight loss has slowed all the way down. I've lost a bit of lean mass but happy with results so far considering my limited access to equipment.

I'd like to lose a bit more softness, so I am going to carry on with the hope gyms open early july. I'm at the point where the scales wont move but the mirror tells. Normally I would increase exercise or drop calories but I think doing either will probably impact my remaining lean mass more than anything.

Man of Honour
I tried the Anabolic Aliens 5 minute barbell chest workout today. A really great way to end my chest session. Going to be doing more of these after my sessions. Great use of my plate drop-in landmine too.

Man of Honour
I tried the Anabolic Aliens 5 minute barbell chest workout today. A really great way to end my chest session. Going to be doing more of these after my sessions. Great use of my plate drop-in landmine too.
Thanks for heads up on those. Tried a couple now. Surprisingly brutal even with light weights.

Man of Honour
Thanks for heads up on those. Tried a couple now. Surprisingly brutal even with light weights.

Agreed, finding them tougher than I thought. A great way to make more use of my barbell. The forearm and ab workout finished me off yesterday. My forearms haven't had a pump like that in ages.

I'm assuming it'll be a long while till the gyms open up again. Might sound sad but i'm actually missing mine, can't wait to go back.

Given that people can exercise outside, especially given the time of year, I can't see them being particularly essential for the government to open. I saw October quoted and I could imagine that being the earliest. I wonder how many people will return when they do, it is going to cull a huge number - people who pay but never go, people who have bought their own equipment, people who will get out of the routine, people who have lost jobs etc.

Consigliere
I heard July for gyms (Better Health ones) with 1 hour time slots, spaced out machines and squares on the floor to help with distancing.

Source - Bloke i bumped into 1 week ago that i attended a few classes with. :o Had insider knowledge so... :p

Man of Honour
I heard July for gyms (Better Health ones) with 1 hour time slots, spaced out machines and squares on the floor to help with distancing.

Source - Bloke i bumped into 1 week ago that i attended a few classes with. :o Had insider knowledge so... :p

Anything is possible. It’s easy to imagine a very limited number of people in there at once.

Consigliere
Anything is possible. It’s easy to imagine a very limited number of people in there at once.

Indeed it is. Totally unrelated but love your username. :D I am sure you'll be raving again soon. Unless you went to that socially distanced one that took place at the weekend. Which you probably did actually.

Man of Honour
Agreed, finding them tougher than I thought. A great way to make more use of my barbell. The forearm and ab workout finished me off yesterday. My forearms haven't had a pump like that in ages.

I've tried biceps, triceps, chest and shoulders so far. Will have a look at the forearm one. My forearms are like my 11 year old sons.

Thing I am really enjoying at the mo is heavy bag. I'm doing it on the days I don't lift typically for 30 minute sessions of boxing and conditioning and on some days when I do lift for little 10-15 minute HIIT sessions afterwards.

Man of Honour
I've tried biceps, triceps, chest and shoulders so far. Will have a look at the forearm one. My forearms are like my 11 year old sons.

Thing I am really enjoying at the mo is heavy bag. I'm doing it on the days I don't lift typically for 30 minute sessions of boxing and conditioning and on some days when I do lift for little 10-15 minute HIIT sessions afterwards.

I tried the shoulder workout. Ouch. Finished off my OHP session nicely.

On another note, I only just realised that our security cameras pick me up when working out. Handy actually. Need to lock out more with OHP. Low bar squat looks way more spot on than I was expecting. Deadlift I’m trying to workout why it doesn’t look quite right.

Soldato

Given that people can exercise outside, especially given the time of year, I can't see them being particularly essential for the government to open. I saw October quoted and I could imagine that being the earliest. I wonder how many people will return when they do, it is going to cull a huge number - people who pay but never go, people who have bought their own equipment, people who will get out of the routine, people who have lost jobs etc.

Yeah but I miss chucking weights about, cardio is all well and dandy outside. I don't have the room nor the money to make my own gym at the moment, was only paying £10 per month at my local Pure Gym in Derby.

Soldato
Still keeping up with my probably useless home workout.

I've cut 5k since lockdown started (although 2k of that was due to illness at the beginning so almost certainly resulted in muscle loss). Think I have about another 1kg to go before I'm where I want to be. After that I need to figure out a way to start lifting again!

Man of Honour
I tried the shoulder workout. Ouch. Finished off my OHP session nicely.

On another note, I only just realised that our security cameras pick me up when working out. Handy actually. Need to lock out more with OHP. Low bar squat looks way more spot on than I was expecting. Deadlift I’m trying to workout why it doesn’t look quite right.
Did the 5 mins dumbell shoulder one twice today after OHP session too. Ouch. Then did the bodyweight traps and forearms. Forearms is insane. Who knew you could hurt that much just moving your wrists around. Veins I did not know I had popped out.

Really enjoying adding these to mix stuff up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom