1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 2021 Black Friday Deals Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheOracle, 11 Nov 2021.

1. Ahleckz

Capodecina

Predictably the Ninja Airfryer I bought for £150 is now £130. Very annoying Amazon won't credit the difference, so I've returned it to buy it again. £20 saving is worth it for me, and the returns shop is on my morning walk but surely they can consider offering credits?

2. Diddums

Capodecina

Didn't you move in to a new place recently? Did that not come with new appliances?

3. TheOracle

Capodecina

We've had our samsung washing machine and tumble dryer going strong for years. Brilliant machines.
    Replaced both our neff ones which lasted all but a handful of years. Absolute **** just like the oven and microwave.

When we have our new kitchen, I'll more than likely go back to Samsung. Very impressed with them, not a brand I'd associate with white goods.

4. Vidar

Soldato

Not me, mate. Been in this house since 2016. I do desperately need to move though. My health isn't great and the house just isn't suitable.

To be fair our Candy appliances have done pretty well, considering they where budget models. Just got to the point where it doesn't make sense to keep repairing it. Besides the dryer is pretty expensive to run.

So many people recommend the Samsung white goods, like you I'd never really associated the brand with appliances. The 5 year parts and labour warranty is damn good as well.

5. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

I’m not even looking this year, my bargain rice cooker from Singapore and a Gunpla are enough! Not Black Friday sale, just cheap over there.

6. dLockers

Sgarrista

Be the bigger man and return the 'new' one (on the old receipt) to avoid stuff going to landfill to boot.

7. Ahleckz

Capodecina

The ‘old’ one is unopened. So hopefully isn’t landfilled.

8. Em3bbs

Soldato

That would defeat the whole object of any kind of sales (Black Friday, Boxing Day, whatever) though. People would just buy goods in the run up and then hope for a deal before something sells out, and they could return them if they aren't in the sales and another similar item is if they bag one. It would be a logistical nightmare and I'm sure Amazon probably have the data to prove it otherwise they would just do the perceived easier thing of just refunding the difference.

9. doodah

Caporegime

Jeez - how are we 11 pages in and still banging on about airfryers :p?

10. SPG

Sgarrista

I don't know, I want it to stop with strong moderation.

11. Marmot

Wise Guy

Aren't airfryers literally just tabletop convection ovens in a smaller form? I really don't get it. They're not doing anything magical and food should not turn out any better. I guess it's just convenience factor.

12. 200sols

Sgarrista

Real men are only 3 pages in.

13. doodah

Caporegime

I want toothbrush offers goddammit!

14. Martynt74

Capodecina

It sometimes depends who you get on the chat, sometimes they'll offer the refund, other times they'll just stick to a script which is annoying when you try pointing out it's costing them to collect the return and post the original!

I once had something delivered by mistake that was really long. It cost £17 to return it which they gave me, despite the item only being worth £8

I agree, maybe not do so automatically, but if the request came in, then you'd think they'd realise it makes sense.

15. Marmot

Wise Guy

Agreed my Sonicare has just died after a few years of use. Not sure whether to go for another Sonic toothbrush or a Rotary one. Either way just in time for Black Friday!

16. Puzzled

Sgarrista

No surprise really, I'm sure we are all aware of the usual sale tactics. I do miss some of the genuinely good deals you used to get on Black Friday though, think the last one I bought was a few years ago before it turned into a month long event.

17. tenofspades

Gangster

might buy an Air Fryer for my mother, if she doesn't like it, then I'll get it. Win win.

18. Freakbro

Capodecina

19. robj20

Capodecina

A computer place I use has a price promise where it anything during this whole time is cheaper on actual black Friday they refund the difference. I've had Amazon just refund the difference before but like said it depends who you get.

20. doodah

Caporegime