The 2021 Black Friday Deals Thread

Soldato
I’ve got to the stage where I only buy things when they are starting to slow down, lose compatibility or broken completely. My Sony TV is 9.5 years old and going strong.

Laptop will be replaced in the early new year as that’s failing. First with the internal speakers and only one USB port works - got a 6 usb dongle off that.

My current Kindle Paperwhite battery is poor - read 12 pages and battery drops 8%

Caporegime
Only thing I'm after is a Google. Outdoor battery cam. But not sure if current deal is the final one. Or if will be a better one on actual black Friday

Soldato
My current Kindle Paperwhite battery is poor - read 12 pages and battery drops 8%
I just bought a new paperwhite for the same reason - old one (from 2013 I think, bought 2nd hand on the MM here) just uses battery very quickly these days.

I know you might already have bought an oasis now (which I was tempted by!) and might not be what you want if the physical buttons are a big sell for you, but might be worth looking at the paperwhite kids version. I got one and it just arrived today, pretty happy with it.

Got £20 voucher plus 20% off the new paperwhite by trading in the old one via amazon, which is more than I think I'd have got on the open market.

Also, I bought the kids version, which is the same price as the normal one without ads, but comes with a 2 year guarantee, a case, and a 1 year kids subscription (some free books). Functions exactly like a normal paperwhite if you don't use the kids mode, as far as I can tell :).

Current list price is £115 (yeah, not the best Black Friday discount against 'rrp' but then it is a new model), but taking away £43 of discount from trading in (assuming the old one is assessed as being in OK nick, if not the voucher is £5 rather than £15) is £72, which isn't bad imo.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Had a Phillips air fryer, a ninja and a cosori.

Cosori beats Phillips and it's half the price.

Ninja build quality is highest by far. But we have the foodi maxi so never really use it as an air fryer.the cosori is easy to wash, large basket and cheap. It's what I recommend after having 3 of them from the top makes.

As for what I want nothing tbh. Cheap bitcoin would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom