The 3 best players in the world... your thoughts?

Man of Honour
I know people might like to argue who is better out of Ronaldo and Messi, but I know that they are generally considered as being on a different planet when it comes to football.

So, two questions really -

Who do you think is number 3 on the list, and who do you think is better out of Ronaldo and Messi, as they will no doubt occupy the top two spots for (I suspect) everyone!

(For fairly obvious reasons, this should only cover attacking players - though I suppose it doesn't HAVE to)

For me -

1. Messi
2. Ronaldo
3. Rooney

Soldato
Messi and Ronaldo are light-years ahead of the rest as individuals.

Every big team could probably make a case for their best player being 3rd. I love Rooney TBH and there not many attackers i would swap him for but id expect Liverpool fans to big-up Suarez, City fans to mention the likes of Kun and Chelsea fans to say Torres...........oh wait.

Caporegime
You can only choose one. :p
Probably Fabregas.

It's too early to judge Suarez although I think he's phenomenal, Rooney's exceptional when on form but has a habit of going AWOL for 10 games at a time, I don't watch enough of Barcelona any more to judge Xavi and Iniesta and that's without mentioning Torres who when on form is the best out and out striker in the world.

Caporegime
Currently playing? I'm not sure.

Messi is just amazing, but I'm not sure I'd have Ronaldo second (I do like him and rate him really highly) Xavi has been amazing for a very long time, He's a fantastic player. Can't believe people over look him so much, same goes for Iniesta. Amazing players to watch, almost faultless midfielders, complete.

Soldato
Currently playing? I'm not sure.

Messi is just amazing, but I'm not sure I'd have Ronaldo second (I do like him and rate him really highly) Xavi has been amazing for a very long time, He's a fantastic player. Can't believe people over look him so much, same goes for Iniesta. Amazing players to watch, almost faultless midfielders, complete.

No, no no! :p

Ronaldo is easily second behind Messi and if you think about it long enough he should really be ahead of him!:D

Caporegime
Don't get me wrong, I think Ronaldo is a good player, a top player. I just rate Xavi higher then him, It's really not so cut and dry with him being second. I think it's close between Ronaldo and the "chasing pack" so to speak, but Messi and Xavi are brilliant players.

Soldato
1 - Messi
2 - Ronaldo
3 - Rooney

The only question marks are the possible inclusion of Xavi or Iniesta being in ahead of Rooney. Those 5 (and maybe Fabregas) are light years ahead of everyone else

EDIT: for the record my top 6

1 - Messi
2 - Ronaldo
3 - Rooney
4 - Xavi
5 - Iniesta
6 - Fabregas

Soldato
Don't get me wrong, I think Ronaldo is a good player, a top player. I just rate Xavi higher then him, It's really not so cut and dry with him being second. I think it's close between Ronaldo and the "chasing pack" so to speak, but Messi and Xavi are brilliant players.

Im probably going to get pelters for this but i think that Xavi and Iniesta are both victims and benefactors of playing in the teams they do for club and country.

Now obviously both are clearly fantastic players before anyone thinks im saying otherwise but they have excelled within a structure of greatness if that makes sense. Rooney has carried us at times which is why i would maybe rate him higher. I think Xavi and Iniesta have always had genuine world class in every position around them and therefore will always look great (thats not to say they arent, i must point that out again!).

Im not sure i can get what i want to say across properly but ive typed it now so i'll throw it out there anyway!

Soldato
Im probably going to get pelters for this but i think that Xavi and Iniesta are both victims and benefactors of playing in the teams they do for club and country.

That seems to be the case a lot of people seem to be making a lot about Barca players and them possibly being overated because they play for Barca.

Its been said about nearly all the players at Barcelona. I think theres more going on then just a great team there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom