*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Associate
A tip, on 3G launch, I came along at 5:30am and there were 7 people in front of me. By 9.02am at opening time (they did advertise 7.02am opening but that didnt happen) there was a queue of about 60-80 people (in Romford, it's a small store). They only had 7 16GBs in stock, sure enough, all 7 in front of me wanted 16gb! :mad:

Luckily after work at 7pm the Apple Store still had hundreds they say! So I got one there.

Im going to Lakeside at about 6.30am to see if there's much ruckus outside the Vodafone store, I hope not.

Anyone else going to Lakeside?

I'm going to lakeside to get mine. Got one reserved at the apple store though, so will probably just turn up around 12ish to pick it up.

Lakeside is a bit of a trek for me as I live near Chelmsford, but I'm really not a morning person so would prefer to drive there and pick one up rather than queuing up outside an O2 shop at 7am with no reservation.

Soldato
Oh I already have my micro arrived in the post yesterday....just the phone that I need

Your only option is to go down to an Apple store on Thursday and try your luck at getting one if you want it on release mate. O2 will not have any PAYG iPhone 4s at launch. You could either go to Apple or wait a while until the dust settles and O2 start doing it on PAYG (however they haven't officially stated exactly when they'll do this, but i've been hearing end of July).

Associate
Does anyone know/have any links to references where stores are open early for different providers etc?

I'm tempted to try and go along to a store before work, on the offchance I can get one.

Soldato
Just got a shipment email letting me know that they are preparing..oooOOOOOooooo

Well, at least I know I managed to get an order in on time!

Nice one, I still haven't had any emails regarding my order apart from the confirmation email as yet. Ordered at 9.33am on the 15th. I'm waiting...

Associate
maybe u should revise my 07:45 abit earlier LOL

I Live in a rural town with two 02's LoL. i cant belive the locals will manage to get out of bed that early.

Its normally dead in town at 08.30 LOL

Associate
Just ordered a white 16GB iPhone 4 for £35 per month from Orange! Got it free as I'm a loyal customer and with a bit of haggling! Only downside is it's a 24 month contact...
But I do get 3 months of insurance free! So I'm covered for Reading Festival... :D
And it'll be with me for Thursday!

Last edited:
Soldato
Just ordered a white 16GB iPhone 4 for £35 per month from Orange! Got it free as I'm a loyal customer and with a bit of haggling! Only downside is it's a 24 month contact...
But I do get 3 months of insurance free! So I'm covered for Reading Festival... :D

I hope your right as apple not even dispatching white so how are orange getting them?

Associate
A tip, on 3G launch, I came along at 5:30am and there were 7 people in front of me. By 9.02am at opening time (they did advertise 7.02am opening but that didnt happen) there was a queue of about 60-80 people (in Romford, it's a small store). They only had 7 16GBs in stock, sure enough, all 7 in front of me wanted 16gb! :mad:

Luckily after work at 7pm the Apple Store still had hundreds they say! So I got one there.

Im going to Lakeside at about 6.30am to see if there's much ruckus outside the Vodafone store, I hope not.

Anyone else going to Lakeside?

I'm going to lakeside! Getting there at 6ish!

Soldato
Engadget are reporting that some people are already receiving their new iPhones in the USA, so maybe those that ordered theirs for delivery might get them tomorrow?

I highly doubt it to be honest. If we'd get it tomorrow, we'd all have had our shipping confirmation emails and then we'd all be on here talking about it :p

Soldato
They gave you a white £120 handset for nothing and delivery on Thursday.

Sure.... then you woke up ;)

Associate
I hope your right as apple not even dispatching white so how are orange getting them?

The nice lady on the phone just offered me white or black, and so I went with black. She seemed adamant that the phone of my choice would be with me for Thursday. Hope she's right...
Don't really mind black, anyways. It looks super sexy in both colours! :p

Soldato
The nice lady on the phone just offered me white or black, and so I went with black. She seemed adamant that the phone of my choice would be with me for Thursday. Hope she's right...
Don't really mind black, anyways. It looks super sexy in both colours! :p
Literally, I've got it for free and she said it would be delivered Thursday. She may be misinformed, I guess, but she seemed pretty certain...
So is it white or black you got free, make up your mind :confused:

I bet you get a iPhone 3GS 8GB Black ;)

Back
Top Bottom