********** The all new "Official" iPhone 4S thread - Keep all the iPhone 4S stuff in here **********

Commissario
Info regarding the new iPhone 4S

• Dual Core Processor (new A5)
  • Up to 2x faster CPU
  • Dual Core Graphics
  • Up to 7x faster graphics
  • 8 megapixel camera
  • 1080p video recording
  • Dictation feature
  • Siri feature - 'talk to your phone' essentially
Currently the details we have regarding pricing -

20111004-rx4yn8yf71hg2d2g4rtxawhsy7.jpg

Released October 14th (pre-orders start October 7th)

Permabanned
I've already created this thread 2 times, why do you feel the need to be the creator???

anyways, i wont be upgrading. Its not a big enough bump in terms of technology from the Iphone4. Yes its got more RAM and more CPU but the apps that are out dont need nowhere need that speed yet, so its a waste of an upgrade for a Iphone4 user (Just wait till the 4 v 4s speed comparison videos on youtube)

The only pros are the 8MP camera over the 5, however the 5 still looks amazing today

And with the Iphone4 getting iOS5 will generally make lots of things better too

Last edited:
Associate
Because of all the rumors and speculation bumping up the specs of the iphone 5, this iphone4s feels like a huge disappointment for me :( Same as Jimz, this isnt a big enough upgrade for me.

Commissario
I don't think I'll be buying one if I'm honest. The only benefit seems to be camera upgrade and faster processor, so I'll wait until my contract is up next June. Bit of a disappointment tbh.

Man of Honour
I'm most interested in Siri.

Disappointed about no iPhone 5 with a larger screen and redesign but in all fairness it's a decent upgrade if you've got the spare cash. :)

Soldato
anyways, i wont be upgrading. Its not a big enough bump in terms of technology from the Iphone4. Yes its got more RAM and more CPU but the apps that are out dont need nowhere need that speed yet, so its a waste of an upgrade for a Iphone4 user (Just wait till the 4 v 4s speed comparison videos on youtube)

Quite true in everyway. The iP4 as it stands now is still stupidly fast in virtually every app. It's far more stable than my iPad1 with it's 512mb ram too.

Having said that, I'll be getting the i4S. I need to give my parents my i4 anyway so the the new unit is my way forward. I'm on o2 simplicity tariff so I just buy the sim free unit and lob a sim in there :)

Soldato
I'll be ordering a 64GB 4S on Friday.

A larger screen would have been nice but it's not a deal breaker.

Commissario
Regarding the Siri function, I don't think I'd honestly use that. I'd feel like a bit of an idiot talking to my phone!

Permabanned
I'm getting the 4s to replace my 4, mostly because of siri and the improved antenna because with iCloud that speed will be nice

Back
Top Bottom