• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ampere RTX 3090 Owners Thread

Permabanned
Pretty obvious that above 3090FE's rear fan is hitting the fins esp. at hand speed (videos on Reddit), I doubled check mine and used small thin piece of card to make sure the gap is same all around but the rear fan is a Delta and loud compared to the front fan so not my ideal choice.

Soldato
How long until a 3090 is £3090....

It's funny you said that, back in the day when Technics use to make musical keyboards, the model number was basically the UK price and was a well known joke back then. I remember models like the KN2000, KN3000 and all below that range were basically the price in £. When they went to higher model numbers years later they were still expensive but thank god they didn't price them as the model numbers as we ended up on KN7000.. :eek:.

Associate
FE owner here, so I found out while trying to control my vram temps mining that underclocking the memory as much as I can in afterburner vastly improves my hashrate, is this normal? I'm new to mining and everyone's talking about overclocking their memory +1000 or whatever but I can't find anyone talking about underclocking their 3090s. The more I go above 8889mhz (the minimum I can achieve in ab) the worse my hashrate gets. Is this normal? My hashrate as we speak is 92ish at 239w, power limit set at at 68, does this seem okay? I can get my hashrate up a lot more, but 94 degrees on the vram is what I feel comfortable with until my new case fans arrive and I can't stand the fan noise above 65 while I'm in the room. Would any miners be willing to try underclocking their memory to the max and see what happens so I can rest easy there isn't something weird going on with my card? Thanks for any help guys.

Edit: meant to say I suspect its something to do with needing to set the power limit so low but I don't want to fry my card trying to confirm.

Last edited:
Associate
FE owner here, so I found out while trying to control my vram temps mining that underclocking the memory as much as I can in afterburner vastly improves my hashrate, is this normal? I'm new to mining and everyone's talking about overclocking their memory +1000 or whatever but I can't find anyone talking about underclocking their 3090s. The more I go above 8889mhz (the minimum I can achieve in ab) the worse my hashrate gets. Is this normal? My hashrate as we speak is 92ish at 239w, power limit set at at 68, does this seem okay? I can get my hashrate up a lot more, but 94 degrees on the vram is what I feel comfortable with until my new case fans arrive and I can't stand the fan noise above 65 while I'm in the room. Would any miners be willing to try underclocking their memory to the max and see what happens so I can rest easy there isn't something weird going on with my card? Thanks for any help guys.

Edit: meant to say I suspect its something to do with needing to set the power limit so low but I don't want to fry my card trying to confirm.

I wonder if that's to do with your power limit.

I'm not power limiiting my card, and I see pretty steep gains up to around 10500Mhz on the memory where I hit 115MH/s - core is at 1050Mhz, VRAM at 98-100c and the card is pulling just under 280w.

Associate
Hoping to get my 3090 soon but may need to get extra cables for it. Anyone recommend any to plug into a Super Flower Leadex III 850w?

Hood

Associate
I wonder if that's to do with your power limit.

I'm not power limiiting my card, and I see pretty steep gains up to around 10500Mhz on the memory where I hit 115MH/s - core is at 1050Mhz, VRAM at 98-100c and the card is pulling just under 280w.
How are you cooling the card if you don't mind me asking?

Back
Top Bottom