• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ampere RTX 3090 Ti Owners Thread

Man of Honour
OP
@Kaapstad - you getting one of these then as you were waiting for the full fat chip? Or is this the Ti even full fat as I remember you knew yonks ago that the 3090 wasn't the full chip? How does the price feel?

At this stage I will only get one if I need it as the 4XXX are not far away.

ATM I am building a 12900KS based system at least when OcUK get some of the CPUs in stock. This should boost fps in my old single thread games which can be quite demanding when played on huge maps.

Having said that if I needed more graphics power a 3090 Ti would be in my shopping basket in the next 30 seconds.:)

Associate
I really want one of these. I paid £2150 for my 3090 and the fact I can get one a few hundred pound cheaper than the 3090 is tempting.

I'm trying to sell my current card to recoup most of the cost.

I know many will say the new cards are around the corner, but I can't see them coming for 6 months minimum, then there's the whole trying to get one. So you're gonna get some decent time to make use of the card.

The only thing I'm undecided on is founders or another Asus.

Having said that if I needed more graphics power a 3090 Ti would be in my shopping basket in the next 30 seconds.:)

Likewise, had the 3090Ti been a thing when I bought my 3090 I wouldn't have thought twice about buying.

Gaming is a big hobby of mine and I like knowing I'm getting the absolute best performance I can get.

Associate
My EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3090 Ti clocks way better than the 3090 I had. 2140 MHz core on stock air cooler. And maxes out at around 60C at 3K RPM fan speed. I just need a new BIOS that can keep the 3K RPM fan speed and get this baby up to at least 600 watts. 480w is just way too low.

Associate
My EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3090 Ti clocks way better than the 3090 I had. 2140 MHz core on stock air cooler. And maxes out at around 60C at 3K RPM fan speed. I just need a new BIOS that can keep the 3K RPM fan speed and get this baby up to at least 600 watts. 480w is just way too low.

Is that at stock or have you tweaked it?

If so what voltage to get that sort of boost?

Also how do the vram temps compare to the 3090?

Associate
The cost of electricity is mentioned often but I really don't think it applies to cards like this, especially as a negative point.

It would be like someone reviewing a 911 Turbo S and moaning about mpg.

The value proposition for the gains is valid, but it's always been like that at the very top end.

The biggest surprise and what is telling is even on an enthusiasts forum there is next to no interest on this card.

And here I am wishing I had one, especially when it's cheaper than I paid for my current card.

Soldato
The biggest surprise and what is telling is even on an enthusiasts forum there is next to no interest on this card.

I have no issue buying expensive cards once per year, I've had multiple Titan cards including the Star Wars Titan, If a card is worth my time I will buy it but this thing came out only 5 months prior to the 4xxx series launch at an MSRP of nearly £2000.

I won't be surprised if the 4070 or 4080 exceeds the performance at half the cost, Considering Lovelace is meant to be a pretty big leap in terms of performance over Ampere, If this came out 6 months ago at the 3090 MSRP, Which it should've, A lot more people would've been excited for it and it would've been in my basket, Right now is severely terrible timing and pricing for this card.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA
Associate
I have no issue buying expensive cards once per year, I've had multiple Titan cards including the Star Wars Titan, If a card is worth my time I will buy it but this thing came out only 5 months prior to the 4xxx series launch at an MSRP of nearly £2000.

I won't be surprised if the 4070 or 4080 exceeds the performance at half the cost, Considering Lovelace is meant to be a pretty big leap in terms of performance over Ampere, If this came out 6 months ago at the 3090 MSRP, Which it should've, A lot more people would've been excited for it and it would've been in my basket, Right now is severely terrible timing and pricing for this card.

The thing is maybe the new cards aren't coming out as soon as some people think.

Perhaps Nvidia found production difficult (the 3090Ti is meant to be using a next gen pcb) and settled for the 3090Ti as the best course of action.

Permabanned
The cost of electricity is mentioned often but I really don't think it applies to cards like this, especially as a negative point.

It would be like someone reviewing a 911 Turbo S and moaning about mpg.

The value proposition for the gains is valid, but it's always been like that at the very top end.

And here I am wishing I had one, especially when it's cheaper than I paid for my current card.

911 Turbo S gets pretty amazing mpg for it's performance tbh, bad comparison.

More like buying an Aventador or 812 and complaining about mpg...

Anyway thread... I ordered 2x 3090ti, been told to expect 1-2 more weeks for delivery (Swiss suppliers rarely get the first stock for IT hardware).

Wasn't going to bother buying it, but I'm building a new primary rig that can't wait and a new triple-monitor motion sim rig and given it's not noticeably more expensive than 3090 (vs the 4k+ rumours pre-launch)... there was no point going for the 3090 over the "new" card.

(ie, only buying for the 2 new rigs I'm building, I wouldn't have bought it for an "upgrade")

Will probably get replaced with the 4090 anyway, on my primary rig, at least.

Permabanned
The thing is maybe the new cards aren't coming out as soon as some people think.

Perhaps Nvidia found production difficult (the 3090Ti is meant to be using a next gen pcb) and settled for the 3090Ti as the best course of action.

lol no, the new card is coming & they cracked out too many A6000 chips they can't sell in time, so are now offloading them to regular consumers at a discount, but with memory more suited to normal desktop use.

This release re-enforces the 4xxx series release time frame we were expecting, that and Hopper release schedule... if the 4xxx series was delayed, the 3090ti would have been delayed too.

The PCB structure had already been completed, there was no point delaying their production line, it was more cost effective to use the new structure...

Associate
911 Turbo S gets pretty amazing mpg for it's performance tbh, bad comparison.

More like buying an Aventador or 812 and complaining about mpg...

Anyway thread... I ordered 2x 3090ti, been told to expect 1-2 more weeks for delivery (Swiss suppliers rarely get the first stock for IT hardware).

Which brand did you order? I have ordered 2 myself one MSI superim X and one Asus Strix LC. Not sure when they will arrive. I am pretty sure that one of OCUK competitors got the wrong price for the Asus one. At that price I could not resist. I doubt they will honour it at that price. But we will see. I was planning to get a used 3090 used but I decided to get these instead.

Permabanned
Which brand did you order? I have ordered 2 myself one MSI superim X and one Asus Strix LC. Not sure when they will arrive. I am pretty sure that one of OCUK competitors got the wrong price for the Asus one. At that price I could not resist. I doubt they will honour it at that price. But we will see. I was planning to get a used 3090 used but I decided to get these instead.
I wanted EVGA... but ended up ordering the OC Asus, which will arrive first... then the Gigabyte with the 3x120 AIO that doesn't have a delivery date yet.

The Asus will get a waterblock of its own... the Gigabyte will live with its healthy AIO in the sim rig.

Still there's nowhere to order the EVGA in Switzerland... best option I would have had is to order from Caselabs in Germany (OcUK's parent company), but the Asus was 20% cheaper compared to EU pricing (ex VAT).

Maybe the EVGA will become available soon & I can cancel the Gigabyte... but I do like how Gigabyte have seemingly push the EK FE waterblock into an AIO at a good price...

It's generally cheaper here... but I ordered the Asus for £1600 equivalent & the Gigabyte AIO for £1750

The EVGA would have been about £1900-2000 ex-VAT and then 7.7% VAT on import + customs fee. It would be arriving about now... but I hate paying huge markups for no reason & my primary rig is still waiting on some distro plates as well as the EKWB vector 2 that isn't in stock yet anyway.

Last edited:
Associate
That'swhatshesaid>I do like EVGA for their warranty but I find their cards in general run hotter and louder than the other brands. When I had the 1080ti ftw3 it ran so much hotter than my zotac extreme and much louder. When I had the 3080ti ftw3 ultra same again not to mention that thing would draw about 430w if left unchecked. Yet the other 3080ti's always ran cooler and quieter and with less power draw. Having said that it did clock fairly well although one of my other 3080ti's clocked really well so I guess that down to pure sillicone lottery.

According to the place I order the 3090ti's from I should expect the Asus Fri/Sat and the Msi next Tuesday/Wednesday. Although I am expecting the Asus to be cancelled by the retailer as usually watercooled cards usually fetch a premium way over the MSRP of the Air cooled ones.

But I have no idea when stock will come in so it could be way longer.

Back
Top Bottom