• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ampere RTX 3090 Ti Owners Thread

Associate
NAh, not for the cost, I'd wait for next gen and turn down any draw distance setting if available.

If you really wanted summat I'd get a 3080Ti FE. in stock and £1049 - that will give you most of a 3090Ti performance but saving £830

Dunno how well optimized the game has become since this review;

But going from 31fps to 45, even 50 fps, with a 3090Ti whilst better - still not a fluid experience at high resolutions and not wirth the +£830 over the 3080ti. Tough game to run.

Has DLSS not been implemented yet - I know there were going to add it in from an article I saw in Jan?
A very useful reply, thank you. I will certainly consider the 3080ti as a potential stop gap for now.

DLSS is due in the next SU I believe. I know this will help.

Associate
Hmm. I’m running a 3070 on a super ultra widescreen at the moment (ie close enough to 4K in terms of resolution) and I’m toying with the 3090ti in order to justify the screen resolution, especially as MSFS is the game I play the most. I know Lovelace is just around the corner but maybe for me it’s worth it? Opinions welcome.
On my overclocked 3070, I could fly around in Rio at around 64 fps max on Ultra settings at 1440p - on my undervolted 3090Ti I'm getting around 58 fps at 4k Ultra settings which, with G-Sync and HDR on my LG C2 42" is absolutely glorious *however* it's still not a completely smooth experience as Flight Sim just likes to stutter (particularly when you're panning around) irrespective of the hardware.

I'm thrilled with the setup I have, and don't expect to be upgrading until at least the 6xxx series but I've no doubt that you'll be able to get 3090Ti performance for cheaper with Lovelace - how much cheaper remains to be seen, as I suspect the 4080 cards will be significantly more expensive than the 3080's. Availability is a big question mark too - I'm expecting a paper launch in September but I'd love to be proved wrong.

Associate
Aegis>On silent mode it reaches 80C but you can never hear it. I think my case fans at 30% is louder unless you take off the side panel and put your ear to it . On gaming mode then it is around 71 ish although my case isn't ideal for airflow (011 mini) this you can definitely hear.

Subbtna>The difference varies from game to game from very marginal at best to 15-20 FPS. Although Ymmv as I game at 4k. Some games it can be less than 5 FPS to other games being 10 FPS all the way to 15-20. Like I said maybe it new toy syndrome and it placebo but it feels faster than 3080ti straight off the bat. Maybe not so much FPS related as if a game runs at 90+ or 100+ Fps it still gonna be decent. But it seems smoother.

Dave2150>Last night I was playing a game on a menu screen it hit 1500 fps which tends to be for me at least when you hear coil whine the most. Now I didn't hear any coil whine but my pc is on the floor. ANd I wouldn't like to say that this brand and model deffo has not coil whine for you to go out and drop 2k on it, only for your model to have it. Maybe I got lucky and this particular one doesn't.

I really like this card but now my Asus liquid cooled has now been shipped. Which one to keep? It arrives Monday but I will be in work allday Monday/Tuesday and can't play with it till Wednesday.

Which one did you keep ? I did not like Asus OC LC pump noise and small rad, I feel like orderering that msi suprim x, would that make sense. Just re-read your post, you will only be able to have a play Wed, well just like me but in reversed order, so the MSI it is tomorrow for me. :) Cool that we are on the same exact track....

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I have no issue buying expensive cards once per year, I've had multiple Titan cards including the Star Wars Titan, If a card is worth my time I will buy it but this thing came out only 5 months prior to the 4xxx series launch at an MSRP of nearly £2000.

I won't be surprised if the 4070 or 4080 exceeds the performance at half the cost, Considering Lovelace is meant to be a pretty big leap in terms of performance over Ampere, If this came out 6 months ago at the 3090 MSRP, Which it should've, A lot more people would've been excited for it and it would've been in my basket, Right now is severely terrible timing and pricing for this card.
Agreed. I can see @hobib_ali posting again saying “I am not feeling too well“ when the 4080 smashes it for less than half the price later this year :p

Soldato

I received the EVGA Geforce RTX 3090 Ti KINGPIN - Overview & First Look​

So my best friend Vince aka KINGPIN from EVGA was kind enough to send me the brand-new and heavily anticipated RTX 3090 TI KINGPIN graphics card. This should be the pinnacle of Ampere GA102 GPU with some improvements over the normal 3090. Featuring a massive VRM design all around and improved heat sink and input power for the card. Sadly the 3090 Ti doesn't really offer massive performance advantages over the standard 3090. It barely even beats the standard 3090 in only some specific work loads. On air or water cooling you can see a clear, although tiny performance advantage on the Ti, but still relatively small. On LN2 the memory clocks start to fall behind on the Ti, and therefore the overall performance actually loses to the standard 3090 in most of the tests like 3DMark Port Royal, Time Spy Extreme and so on. Only on Unigine Superposition 8K the 3090 Ti is currently leading, although the situation is a pretty close call. In GPU PI I would assume the 3090 Ti to take over pretty quickly, as that test doesn't really need high memory clock speed. The outcome could change soon with newer and improved XOC BIOSes so we will see what happens in the very near future. I will showcase the AIO overclocking tests on the next video and I will try to get some LN2 tests done later in June. I also need to lap the GPU just like on the standard 3090.

EVGA Geforce RTX 3090 Ti KINGPIN - Overclocking to 2200Mhz+ on AIO & AMAZING Memory​

So this is a sequel to my RTX 3090 Ti first look video. On this one I try to overclock the card to the maximum with stock cooling with stock voltages and with elevated voltages using classified.exe. As I didn't have the left side heat sink at all I had to keep a strong fan towards that VRM area for the whole time. What I found quite quickly was that this card doesn't really like any higher voltages than what it has by default on air or water cooling. You raise the power consumption too much quickly if you raise the gpu voltage from the stock value of 1.15 to 1.25-1.3v+. With stock settings I had roughly 470W power consumption measured by GPU-z and after voltage increases I got it up to 650-700W. The highest clock speeds I managed to get out of the card were around 2220-2235 for the GPU (+130 offset) and 1512-1525 for the memory (+1600-1700 offset). The memory is certainly the highest I have seen this far, as I haven't really seen anyone surpassing 1500Mhz on GDDR6X. The GPU clock ended up being a touch behind what Dancop got on his ASUS RTX 3090 Ti. Raising the voltages only yielded around 15MHz gain on the core at best on AIO so not really worth it. Scaling will decide in the end anyways how it will perform and compete on LN2. The GPU must scale well from the temperatures and voltage to get close to 2900MHz or even above it. Memory clock speed might fall a bit from the cold temperatures and higher stress on the GPU.

Last edited:
Associate
Which one did you keep ? I did not like Asus OC LC pump noise and small rad, I feel like orderering that msi suprim x, would that make sense. Just re-read your post, you will only be able to have a play Wed, well just like me but in reversed order, so the MSI it is tomorrow for me. :) Cool that we are on the same exact track....
In the end I kept the MSI suprim X. The noise of ASUS with regards to fan noise and terrible coil whine was too much. TBH I am not even bothered by coil whine but then again I have never ever heard anything as loud as that ASUS card.

Don't get me wrong that card overclocked and underclocked like a total boss. I doubt I will ever get a card which could overclock as well as that or going the other way underclock it by power limiting and still get 95% of the performance.

It did +250 on the core and +1400 on the mem. Then when I power limited it to 80% overall I lost what say about 60hz but only drew 350-360w. Amazing card let down by the 240 rad and stupid coil whine.

My Msi suprim X is a poor clocker but it relatively quiet compared to other high end cards I have owned. I don't mind noise for suicide benchmark runs but when I am gaming then I like everyone else prefer it to be as quiet as possible.

Associate
In the end I kept the MSI suprim X. The noise of ASUS with regards to fan noise and terrible coil whine was too much. TBH I am not even bothered by coil whine but then again I have never ever heard anything as loud as that ASUS card.

Don't get me wrong that card overclocked and underclocked like a total boss. I doubt I will ever get a card which could overclock as well as that or going the other way underclock it by power limiting and still get 95% of the performance.

It did +250 on the core and +1400 on the mem. Then when I power limited it to 80% overall I lost what say about 60hz but only drew 350-360w. Amazing card let down by the 240 rad and stupid coil whine.

My Msi suprim X is a poor clocker but it relatively quiet compared to other high end cards I have owned. I don't mind noise for suicide benchmark runs but when I am gaming then I like everyone else prefer it to be as quiet as possible.
Thanks for your update, in which case, we made the same choice for the exact same reasons. I just hope that we will not have any regrets when the new gen is out.

Associate
It is difficult to say. I am hoping it will be the kind of leap like the old 8800GTX and 1080 Ti and in more modern times the 3080 Ti. I mean they are claiming twice the performance of the 3090 or was it the 3090ti but my expectations that the 4070 will be about the 3080 ti performance and I guess the 4080/Ti will give like the 3090 Ti performance.

I always knew when buying the 3090 ti that the next gen release was only 4-6 months away and I wasn't really struggling with the 3080 ti I have. Had they not release the 3090 ti I was more than happy enough to carry on using the 3080 Ti but if you asked me now I would still take the 3090 ti every time. I still love the 3080 Ti and that is in another machine and going to be earmarked for another PC build.

I can't wait for next gen and see whether an AMD card or a Nvidia card ends up in my PC.

Associate
It is difficult to say. I am hoping it will be the kind of leap like the old 8800GTX and 1080 Ti and in more modern times the 3080 Ti. I mean they are claiming twice the performance of the 3090 or was it the 3090ti but my expectations that the 4070 will be about the 3080 ti performance and I guess the 4080/Ti will give like the 3090 Ti performance.

I always knew when buying the 3090 ti that the next gen release was only 4-6 months away and I wasn't really struggling with the 3080 ti I have. Had they not release the 3090 ti I was more than happy enough to carry on using the 3080 Ti but if you asked me now I would still take the 3090 ti every time. I still love the 3080 Ti and that is in another machine and going to be earmarked for another PC build.

I can't wait for next gen and see whether an AMD card or a Nvidia card ends up in my PC.
Yes, same thing here, I have one of the fastest 6900XT, and throwing in a bit of benchmarking with 3DMark Time Spy Extreme at 4K graphic score only, I got :
In a real life scenario , with 'out of the box' boost (up to 2700 Mhz), the Sapphire 6900 Toxic Ex. gets around 10800 points, comparatively, the MSI 3090TI gets 11300, about 500 points of difference only.
Even when getting better scores and pushing both GPU to their limits (AMD:11300 and NDIDIA:11800), the same 500 points gap persists.
Really no excuse for buying a new GPU, other than Ray Tracing and the much larger RAM :) Interestingly, when pushing the 6900 to its limits on this kind of extreme PCBs, you use 400 W which is getting closer from the 480 W that the 3090TI uses to get to the same level of performance.
We will soon find out what the big players have in store for us :) Thanks for sharing.

Associate
yes seen that Asus 3090 TI LC OC, good advert but then this was announced back in March, it is almost impossible to get hold of one and when you finally get it as I did, I returned it due to the noise the pump makes.
Are you planning to get one ?

Associate
Also the power/heat of the Ti overwhelms the smaller 240mm rad from what I've heard, better with a 360mm.

It doesn't. The actual card runs at 51-55C The problem is pump noise and how fast the fans spin at as to keep that low temps it spins like a mofo. Yes it would have been nicer with a 320mm Rad but then that would have added significant ROG tax.

Greatest clocking card I have ever had. If noise doesn't bother you then get this card. And a word of caution my card had the loudest coil whine you have ever heard. Personally coil whine doesn't bother me but no the extent this card had. Linus also has one and his has terrible coil whine.

Back
Top Bottom