• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ampere RTX 3090 Ti Owners Thread

Soldato
Yeah that's still not a bad gpu tbf, should get ya by for a bit m8 :)

I honestly doubt I'll be getting a new GPU again, Honestly kind of tired of the never ending upgrade cycle, The ever climbing prices and especially with many games not really taking advantage of the hardware available, Upgrading just seems like spending money for the sake of spending money now.

Caporegime
I honestly doubt I'll be getting a new GPU again, Honestly kind of tired of the never ending upgrade cycle, The ever climbing prices and especially with many games not really taking advantage of the hardware available, Upgrading just seems like spending money for the sake of spending money now.
So, see you next gen then as per?

:D

Associate
Was at a friends place for an hour today and he has an MSI 3090 Ti Suprim X, Holy hell is that thing fast, If I wasn't trying to be frugal until my new job starts I'd be on it like white on rice :D
Yep - they're awesome. I have the same card and paid two grand for it and don't regret the purchase at all. OC is selling the same card for £560 less now which is still a heckuva lot but you do get a ****-load of performance and a really well built card for it. Value is subjective to the purchaser though so I wouldn't recommend anyone buy one until the 4090 has been officially announced (you might get a 3090Ti even cheaper still or the 4090 might indeed blow it away - for a price).

Soldato
Yep - they're awesome. I have the same card and paid two grand for it and don't regret the purchase at all. OC is selling the same card for £560 less now which is still a heckuva lot but you do get a ****-load of performance and a really well built card for it. Value is subjective to the purchaser though so I wouldn't recommend anyone buy one until the 4090 has been officially announced (you might get a 3090Ti even cheaper still or the 4090 might indeed blow it away - for a price).

I'm just amazed that Nvidia can bring out a product like the 3090 Ti and within 6 months with the 4000 series make it obsolete, I don't think I could ever willingly be an Nvidia customer again as they have zero respect for their customer base.

I'm just amazed that Nvidia can bring out a product like the 3090 Ti and within 6 months with the 4000 series make it obsolete, I don't think I could ever willingly be an Nvidia customer again as they have zero respect for their customer base.
Not obsolete, it just will not be the top dog anymore.
It really is up to people if they choose to keep chasing the carrot or not. ;)
My general recommendation to people is to skip a generation or two.

Soldato
And the 6950XT doesn't count because....? That was released after the Ti!

Oh it counts too, Both AMD and Nvidia if they could would hook up a blood siphon straight from the vein if they could :D

On a side note I was at my workmates again today, His rig is the 5800X3D and 3090 Ti Suprim X, Damn that is a good pairing, He did have a 12900K but thanks to the 3D's extra cache is getting higher FPS in basically everything but the general performance.... daayyuummmm ! :p

Associate
Was at a friends place for an hour today and he has an MSI 3090 Ti Suprim X, Holy hell is that thing fast, If I wasn't trying to be frugal until my new job starts I'd be on it like white on rice :D

Considered getting a 3090Ti but it would be stupid now with the 4000 series perhaps only a month away. Best believe it will look ‘slow’ come that time.

Associate

But that’s what PC gaming has always been like . You either keep your gear and drop settings, or upgrade every year if you want the top performance

If anything, I’d say it’s ‘better’ now because gaming has been more constrained to consoles and as a result, graphical requirements have become less demanding and have progressed slower, allowing you to keep your hardware longer.

Soldato
Considered getting a 3090Ti but it would be stupid now with the 4000 series perhaps only a month away. Best believe it will look ‘slow’ come that time.

Unless Jensen Wang has found a magical rainbow unicorn that births enchanted silicon I don't think it'll look slow but it will be a decent jump. I imagine a Turing to Ampere type improvement.

Caporegime
Oh it counts too, Both AMD and Nvidia if they could would hook up a blood siphon straight from the vein if they could :D

On a side note I was at my workmates again today, His rig is the 5800X3D and 3090 Ti Suprim X, Damn that is a good pairing, He did have a 12900K but thanks to the 3D's extra cache is getting higher FPS in basically everything but the general performance.... daayyuummmm ! :p
Raphael-X (Zen4 w/cache) should be ****ing sweet man!

Soldato
Raphael-X (Zen4 w/cache) should be ****ing sweet man!

Indeed it would, On a side note I just learned I'll be buying my mates 3090 Ti Suprim X off him for £500 when the 4000 series lands as he's getting the 4090 or 4090 Ti or whatever they end up calling it and just wants to shift his 3090 Ti quickly, I am continuing my trend of not directly giving Nvidia money therefore not being a customer :p

Last edited:
Associate
I have joined!

20220820_101106.jpg
20220813_231838.jpg

Associate
But but but why didn't you wait 2 months for the uber super mega 4000 series that will be 1000% faster ?!?!?!?!?
/s

Nice looking card !
I know! I suppose it's a bit of a gamble, however, who knows what pricing and availability will be like for the 4000 series.

Plus I've been trying to grab a 3000 series card since release!

Back
Top Bottom