The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Associate
Tough call. The recent Arise series of 4 episodes gives context to section 9, which none of the others do. So watch that first if you want to find out how they came about.
Personally though, I would recommend the original movie, then Stand Alone Complex 1st Gig, then 2nd Gig, then Arise. Then watch everything else if you've still got the motivation to. The second film isn't quite representative of what's great about GITS, and feels more like an indulgence of the director.

See if i couldnt work out the best order to watch them in so i havent as i dont wanna ruin the story

Associate
Ghost in the shell movie 1 and the ghost in the shell innocence. (ghost in the shell 2.0 is just movie 1 but video and audio have been redone)
Ghost in the shell: stand alone complex 1 gig, then watch 2nd gig, then watch solid state society. (laughing man is a movie version of 1st gig and individual eleven is a movie version of 2nd gig)
Ghost in the shell: arise movie 1,2,3,4 then watch ghost in the shell: the new movie
Ghost in the shell: arise - alternative architecture is 12 episode form of arise movie 1,2,3,4 and new movie

Commissario
OP
You don't really ruin the story watching out of total order as long as you remember GITS:SAC is separate to GITS movies (think of Standalone Complex as being a TV reboot), and watch the various parts in the right name order (if that makes sense, so GITS movies 1 then 2, or SAC series 1 then 2 then SAC movie, and Arise in the right internal order).
I've watched them in release order and they work that way :)

Soldato
thought i would actually start buying anime instead of streaming it as the guys/gals deserve monies :)

spent 100 quid earlier in hmv and picked up,

full metal alchemist brotherhood full set box dvd
black lagoon seasons 1 and 2 dvd
death note full set box dvd
attack on titan season 1 bluray

think ill pick up berserk next.

cute lassie that served me was asking me about death note and saying she wanted to buy it hehe

not a bad start to a legit anime collection :) any one know how much code geass is for the sub version and full metal panic?

edit: also what sort of price are claymore and blood+ around?

Last edited:
Commissario
OP
Pretty much any dvd or bd of anime sold in the west will have the subbed version, most also have a dub as well.
They don't usually do sub only releases as they don't sell well, and AFAIK have never done a sub and a dub version (as DVD's can have mutliple audio and subtitle streams), unless it's a case of a sub version coming out then a "hybrid" version with both options later.

Soldato
ahh thank you guys.

i was a bit worried about buying full metal panic incase i got stuck with a dub only as that is bad, good to know that i can choose either one when i whack the disc in, i want to mend my streaming ways hence im unsure about stuff :)

Commissario
OP
At the moment Season 1, and Season 3 "The second raid" (Fumoffu is between them but not necessarily main story line) are £25 each on Amazon with Fumoffu coming out in June on it's own.
You can get all three seasons from alltheanime.com for £50 which works out as a big discount as you not only get one season effectively free but get Fumoffu a few months early.

Soldato
At the moment Season 1, and Season 3 "The second raid" (Fumoffu is between them but not necessarily main story line) are £25 each on Amazon with Fumoffu coming out in June on it's own.
You can get all three seasons from alltheanime.com for £50 which works out as a big discount as you not only get one season effectively free but get Fumoffu a few months early.

thank you if their still that price in 2 weeks when i get more monies im sold :)

Last edited:
Associate
Are those the prices for the BD?
I can find the DVD's for about £20ish on the usual sites.
Blu-ray, from memory, after looking on The Big River etailer a week ago after I finished Season 1 on Netflix and no longer have the downloaded R2 I watched when I originally watched both series. Having seen series 2 previously, I wasn't interested in spending that type of money to watch it again.

Last edited:
Associate
Got quite a lot here to keep me busy for the next few weeks...

c1rvw7iATg2Xy_hjMIQwfFA043sHR-uGeuOqTTc3HybsjWiI2LEQuQIt3M9wHTDqQeezxVNgjcppkw=w2560

Back
Top Bottom