The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Soldato
It's certainly catchy and instantly brings back memories of the series :)
However there is no truth to the rumours that I may sort of hum/mumble along to the song (very much out of key) :p

the rumours of me doing similar are also untrue :p

fullmetal panic is responsible for me really getting into anime a long time ago, ill have that as soon as royal fail gets it here (no shipping email yet) and the river place shipped code geass season 1 and 2 which should come tomorrow, watching attack on titan right now and still got death note as well, loads of watchings :)

need to get berserk and claymore soon :)

Soldato
Also saw A Silent Voice.

I'm no great fan of 'slice-of-life' anime, and went in to this with no idea what it was about (hoping for another Your Name), but I actually enjoyed it in the end.

Subject matter caught me off guard, and the slow start had me on the fence, but there were some heavy emotional moments, and some sparse but good laughs, so overall it ended with me being content (can't say happy as it was pretty brutal at times).

7/10

Watched it earlier this afternoon at the cinema. In a lot of ways I agree with you. It is not an easy film subject matter wise and is quite surprising if you go into it without having any info on what the story is about.

Overall i enjoyed it. The style and animation is very identifiable as being Kyoto Animation and the characters are good. It doesn't make any leaps which make you think "huh?" and the odd moments of humour break up the more intense parts.

I would probably pick up a BD release.

Soldato
i just finished attack on titan and hovered about code geass and death note, started watching code geass :)

i went straight to the sub, but it seems a bit fast plus on my dvd's im drunk and just started wearing glasse lol just sat in my pc chair so subs look massive on the tv right next to me.

with full metal panic i think that will ship on monday and a question, is the; dub for full metal panic! any good? i always watched fan subs before :)

im just happy i have finally started to give money towards one of my favourite mediums and have kool looking box sets :)

Commissario
OP
I've just been watching some of Fumoffu (just got past the Bunta Kun Kommando's episode) and I'd forgotten how funny it was, and how good the music choices for the episodes with things like some music reminiscent of the Terminator
when Sousuke is leading the Bunta Kun team to rescue Chidori and appears out of the smoke in costume.

Associate
DB Super is beginning to heat up again. The animation just seems to keep improving!

I'm still not convinced what the other fighters can actually contribute. I'm fairly certain the hyperbolic time chamber is going to come into play, but with them being so ridiculously outclassed compared to Goku/Vegeta, and the 2-person limit of the chamber, it'll be interesting to see how they handle this.

Caporegime
I'm still not convinced what the other fighters can actually contribute. I'm fairly certain the hyperbolic time chamber is going to come into play, but with them being so ridiculously outclassed compared to Goku/Vegeta, and the 2-person limit of the chamber, it'll be interesting to see how they handle this.

We're assuming that all the other fighters are going to be crazy strong. Also Whis did point out it's not about outright strength, they need tactics.

For example if the lower power guys can be enough of a distraction whilst the higher power ones pick them off.

Also interested to see. I think Gohan is going to put himself in the time chamber. He has a lot of potential and the last fight was a big wake up call for him.

Commissario
OP
Aye a new season (it's only been what, 5 years?), I'm hoping they'll be able to get most of the voice cast for both the Japanese and English casts back to reprise their roles.

Fumoffu has some of my favourite comedy moments from any anime (pretty much anything Bunta Kun, and the last episode).

Shamrock, I keep meaning to watch Yokyo Ghoul, but for virtually any manga now I'm going to have to look at getting them via comixology or Book Walker, as I haven't got the room for more books :( (I'm looking at culling my current bookshelves of text titles I can get on kindle), and from what I've seen of it, that's one of the titles I'd probably enjoy the manga for.

Back
Top Bottom