The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Caporegime
A*** has reached its KickStarter goal,even reached an `extra` goal for 5.1 too now
What is the dub like on Your Name?

I haven't found the dub, is there one?

It's not on the disc with the original voice over, that only gives an option with the title track in English. I've seen it twice now in Japanese and I would think it would feel weird if I hear a different voice out of the character's mouth, a few of the scenes might be wrong. There is one scene where after the body swap the girl in the boy's body, and she says "watashi", which is "I" in the female form, the friends went "eh?" There is no distinction of gender for "I" in English so this joke doesn't work.

Caporegime
I had actually pre-ordered that originally, but then I thought….if I am getting a 4k TV next year I might as well get everything in 4k now…so I googled and found out the Japanese release just came out last week (at the time), so went and ordered it off Amazon.jp. The only downside I went from a £20 Bluray to a £120 Bluray….all the special features are in Japanese and I have no idea so in effect the extra bonus features are a waste to me. The script too is in Japanese, the Making Of Book too is in Japanese but the artwork inside is lovely to look at, as is the framed print.

Ah well, I don’t buy Bluray much anyway, this is only my 2nd Bluray in 2017.

Associate
I spotted alltheanime.com have the blu-ray set for Nadesico up for pre-order for £35, I've already got the R4, TRSI SE and ADV UK DVD's but I'll confess to being tempted by the blu-ray set.

I''d love to get Aria on BD, but I made the decision when I started collecting blu-rays that I was only going to buy ones that would play on an unmodified UK player.

well I cancel my pre-order off amazon and order it off alltheanime.com when it was on offer for £35. it's released date is 28th of august so I was surprise when it turn up in the post this morning.

Soldato
A*** has reached its KickStarter goal,even reached an `extra` goal for 5.1 too now
What is the dub like on Your Name?

Most of the way to doing all of the second season as well (first half funded and <$20k to go to the second half with 15 days to go).

I couldn't justify the 4K Japanese release of Your Name (not having a 4K TV or player (and no plans to get one in the short to medium term)) ... but it looks good on the BD release anyway.

Don
Hey guys,

I'm going to test your knowledge here... I'm trying to remember some anime with... I think this is right... 3 brothers that turn into dragons, I think I'm right there... it has the US military in it at some stage if I remember correctly...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Stelly

Soldato
Hey guys,

I'm going to test your knowledge here... I'm trying to remember some anime with... I think this is right... 3 brothers that turn into dragons, I think I'm right there... it has the US military in it at some stage if I remember correctly...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Stelly

Souryuuden - Legend of the Dragon Kings - https://myanimelist.net/anime/1742/Souryuuden

Watched this back in my younger days, blow me away. That said, pretty much everything anime back then was an revolution to me. Honestly, they don't make shows this good anymore.

Was four brothers by the way, the four kings. Been on my rewatch backlog for a while, think I start it today.

Had a urge for some dragon stuff after Game of Thrones? :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Late to the party but watched Prison School yesterday, some really funny moments that had me laughing but as it dips into the Ecchi genre it wouldn't be for everyone. Season 2 is out in October.

Soldato
Late to the party but watched Prison School yesterday, some really funny moments that had me laughing but as it dips into the Ecchi genre it wouldn't be for everyone. Season 2 is out in October.

Prison School is good. Hana-chan is best girl. I hope she wins. :wink: :wink:

There is a TV live version too if you wanted to watch that.

Caporegime
Finished Tenjho Tenge, a feisty rom-com about Japanese schoolgirls who struggle to find shirts large enough to accommodate their enormous breasts. Good times! (Great fight sequences, too!) If you like the idea of Japanese schoolgirls with enormous breasts, this could be the anime for you!

Two episodes to go, and I will have finished Heroic Age. Really enjoyed this one as well, it has some of the most epic space battles I've seen in an anime.

About to start Darker than Black.

Last edited:
Soldato
Had a shocking/pleasant moment yesterday!
Was browsing the Undine kickstarter site and clicked on a video clip of Avvenire,Realised that I had never seen these 3 episodes:o
How could I have missed these!
Watched them all last night:)
Not excellent but were a nice `sequel`/ending to the series
Would be great if there is enough interest generated to encourage another season though :)

Back
Top Bottom