The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Caporegime
i finally managed to watch Your Name.

I wish I'd made it to the cinema to see it, it is beautifully made and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
It makes me want to sit down and watch 5cm per second again now (anyone know if it's getting a blu-ray release here?), and reminded me I don't have Guarden of

Great film, one of my favourite movie, period of 2017, although it came out in 2016 technically.

3XA8EfL.jpg

Also, managed to catch Your Name when it did a re-release a couple of months back, even though at that point I already have the Bluray. Beautiful film…on top of that, lsat week when I was in Tokyo, I got off on the wrong stop on the subway and while waiting for the next train I saw a poster ad for Makoto Shinkai's work being exhibited at the Tokyo Art Centre, it closes at 6pm but just as it happens, I was only half a mile away on foot and it was 4pm so I went!

cFZEUhr.jpg

Of course there are no photos, but it showed lots of things like original drawings, a replica of his first Mac set up, even replica of the shoes in Garden of Words, photos, etc but the bit that they let you photograph was this but first, remember this in the movie? Where Taki went on a date and that date was actually in the Tokyo Art Centre, same spot in real life.

W2n2pKN.jpg

They made this.

SU5ujeI.jpg

It was so cool, spent about 2 hours there, some of the exhibit were translated in English but some were only in Japanese so I would have enjoyed it even more if I had understood Japanese.

Last edited:
Commissario
OP
That looks like a great visit and I love the idea that they allowed you to take pictures of a display shown in the actual anime :)

I've been watching DuRuRuRuRuRuRuRuRuRuRuRu x10 and really enjoying it, once the final set is out I'm going to watch the whole thing again :)

I received Silent Voice from ATA as well yesterday so that's going to be on the watch list soon, as well as this beauty, which is one of the best/simple bits of anime packaging I've seen :) (it did arrive in an outer cardboard box).
dvds1.jpg
dvds2.jpg

dvds3.jpg

Soldato
Commissario
OP
That's a really good price for the Claymore set, unfortunately in my case I bought it last december :( (although it was only £13 more during that pre-order offer).

I need to find the time to read the manga, as I bought the big box collection a while back.

Associate
Associate
today deal on alltheanime.com is discount on selected Funimation titles on Blu-ray and DVD!. I bought 2 off the discount instead of £44.99 i paid £14.99 and other was £14.99 instead of £24.99.

you need to click on the group to see the full range of title's that has discount as it will only show few title's.

Commissario
OP
Aye they have

Absolute Duo: Blu-ray £15
Attack on Titan Junior High: DVD £15
Attack on Titan Junior High collectors edition: Blu-ray: £18
Barakamon: Blu-ray £15
BlazBlue: Blu-ray £15
Brothers Conflict: Blu-ray £15
Daimdidaler Price vs. Penguin Empire: Blu-ray £15
Gonna be the Twin Tail: B;u-ray £15
Heavy Object: Blu-ray £15
High School DXD Born: Blu-ray £15
Mikagura Schoo Suite: Blu-ray/DVD combi £15
Noragami Aragoto (Blu-ray Ltd Collector's Ed.): £18
Noragami Aragoto: DVD £15
Overlord: Blu-ray £15, DVD £15
Shimoneta: Blu-ray £15, DVD £15

Some nice offers there, although I've got a couple of them already.

Soldato
Aye they have

Absolute Duo: Blu-ray £15
Attack on Titan Junior High: DVD £15
Attack on Titan Junior High collectors edition: Blu-ray: £18
Barakamon: Blu-ray £15
BlazBlue: Blu-ray £15
Brothers Conflict: Blu-ray £15
Daimdidaler Price vs. Penguin Empire: Blu-ray £15
Gonna be the Twin Tail: B;u-ray £15
Heavy Object: Blu-ray £15
High School DXD Born: Blu-ray £15
Mikagura Schoo Suite: Blu-ray/DVD combi £15
Noragami Aragoto (Blu-ray Ltd Collector's Ed.): £18
Noragami Aragoto: DVD £15
Overlord: Blu-ray £15, DVD £15
Shimoneta: Blu-ray £15, DVD £15

Some nice offers there, although I've got a couple of them already.

You missed a few the final line. :D

No-Rin (Blu-Ray) £14.99
Overloard (Blu-ray) £14.99
Show By Rock!! (Blu-ray+DVD combi) £14.99
Snow White with the Red Hair, Part 1 (Blu-ray) £14.99
Snow White with the Red Hair, Part 2 (Blu-ray) £14.99
Yona of the Dawn, Part 1 (Blu-ray+DVD combi) £14.99
Yona of the Dawn, Part 2 (Blu-ray+DVD combi) £14.99
Yurikuma Arashi (Blu-ray+DVD combi) £14.99

Caporegime
Made in Abyss. This show has everything you'll ever want in an anime: mutants, stillborn children, unethical experiments, underage nudity, blood and urine (often together), and violent deaths. Good times!

The premise is highly imaginative, and the cutesy art style belies the darkness of the plot, which becomes pretty grim very quickly!

maj

maj

Soldato
What ties do ATA have with Amazon? As on their website they even give you the option of either buying directly through them or Amazon. Your Name for example is cheaper on Amazon (but not by much) than on their own website. Even second hand, CEX want more for it than you can buy brand new from either of those two.

Back
Top Bottom