The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Soldato
I would say older as in not in the last 2 years that all,
I mostly like fantasy but im open to suggestions.

I've seen some of the big names, DBZ, one punch man, attract on titan, fullmetal alchemist,Code Geas, I liked full metal panic and some other i cant remember right now.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I would say older as in not in the last 2 years that all,
I mostly like fantasy but im open to suggestions.

I've seen some of the big names, DBZ, one punch man, attract on titan, fullmetal alchemist,Code Geas, I liked full metal panic and some other i cant remember right now

Try DBS :p

124 episodes of it so far and weekly releases, should keep you going :p

Associate
Im looking to check out some animes, could anyone recommend some older but good anime shows.

Full Metal panic, second raid, Fumoffu
Dragon ball, Z , Gt , kai
Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood
Black lagoon
jormungand
Ghost in the shell: standalone complex
neon genesis evangelion
blue gender
planets
starship operator
infinite ryvius
trigun
get backers
heroic Age
broken blade
Tenchi Muyou, Tenchi Muyou! GXP etc

that should get you started I can think of other but the list would be too long. if you do want other choice's I suggest looking back thought this thread as I and other's have post similar lists in the past.

Last edited:
Soldato
Netflix have put part 1 of Godzilla out, not heard anything about it but recognized the art style straight away. Looks like the same studio who make Knights of Sidonia (which I do hope we get a s3 for)

Caporegime
Very sad to find out DBS is coming to an end after Ep 131 :( - I understand why. Its so the staff/crew can focus on the movie due out in December but for now there is no decision made on if it will return or if there will another series at all. A bit frustrating as the recent arc has left many questions and made us think "ah the next arc will be X" but alas.

Fingers crossed its just a hiatus. It's become my weekly "thing" every Sunday morning to watch!

Soldato
Finished Devilman Crybaby last night and towards the end it completely changed tone and felt like it slapped me in the face with how it ended. Can't see there being anyway for more seasons.

Commissario
OP
That sounds a bit like I (very vaguely) remember the 90's OVA, but it's been nearly 20 years since I saw it, and as it's anime you can never tell (the number of series I've where I was sure there would a second season and there wasn't, and ones where I was surprised by a second season is quite large now :)).

I received my Silent Voice posters from ATA yesterday which was nice :)

I've also just finished Absolute Duo which was fun, fairly standard fare but fun (and the bunny teacher was pretty amusing:)), and started watching Tenchi Muyo on blu-ray which is a blast from the past, although the audio in places is really showing it's age (the quality is in places quite bad compared to modern stuff that was recorded straight to high quality digital audio using modern mic's etc).

Commissario
OP
I started "your Lie in April" a few hours ago and so far I'm up to episode 6 :)
It's the first series in a while to get me to do a 6 episode run without a break, which surprises me a little as it's setting is not one that I would have thought could get my attention to that extent :)
Mind you something similar happened with Princess Nine the first time I watched that:) (I think I ended up watching 9 episodes when I'd meant to go to bed after 2).

Associate
Netflix have put part 1 of Godzilla out, not heard anything about it but recognized the art style straight away. Looks like the same studio who make Knights of Sidonia (which I do hope we get a s3 for)

Watched this last night and thoroughly enjoyed it, very much looking forward to the next installment.

If you enjoyed Knights of Sidonia you'll enjoy this but on the downside I guess it means we won't be seeing a season 3 anytime soon given the Studio will likely be working on Godzilla parts 2 & 3 for a while.

Last edited:
Commissario
OP
I've been watching more of Your Lie in April and really enjoying it, I'm up to episode 18 I think and I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to the end or not.

I guessed it was going to be a sad anime/ending very early on with Koari's visit to the hospital in about episode 2 where it didn't show her go in/what went on), I remember Clannad, Air, Kanon and others...

Commissario
OP
I finished it about 30 minutes ago and it's probably one of the best anime I've seen in a while, it hit me harder than Clannad and After Story did.
The last few episodes were a bit of a roller coaster, and left me with a bit of something in my eye.
I think the last anime that had that level of effect was Grave of the Fireflies,

My only complaint with the UK discs is that the op/end songs are not subtitled which is annoying as they were very good.

I think I'm going to try and watch something silly, funny and lighthearted next, possibly Kill me Baby.

Back
Top Bottom