The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Commissario
OP
Aye, some nice offers in there, although the only one I'm interested in and haven't already got is Beck so I'll probably order that tomorrow :)

I'm currently watching Grimgar (which cost £20 thanks to the silent voice code stacked with last weeks offer), and enjoying it quite a lot.
I love the aesthetic of it, and it brings back a lot of memories of Ultima Online back in 2000 :) (some of the same reasons I loved .hack).

Associate
patlabor tv
megazone 23
robotech
gundam
blue gender
trinity blood
wolf rain
Escaflowne
dot Hack//SIGN
Peace Maker Kurogane
gantz
Infinite Ryvius
Vandread
Gad Guard
Ai Yori Aoshi
Elfen Lied
get backers
Witch Hunter Robin
last exile
Rurouni Kenshin

Last edited:
Commissario
OP
I'm slightly worried by how many of those series I've got on DVD....:D

I really wish MVM had kept releasing Patlabor on blu-ray as I've got the full set on DVD from the US but the Blu-ray of the first OVA's was a nice upgrade.

I finished Grimgar last night which was really good fun and lovely art style (it was the art that got me to blind buy it), I wouldn't mind seeing a second season of it having enjoyed the first so much.

Next up is probably going to one of the following
Tokyo Marble Chocolate
Girls Beyond the wasteland
Kill me baby
Hidamari Sketch
Love, election, chocolate
Noein Eden of the East
or Giovanni's Island

As they're all sat on the side waiting to be watch, although I've seen Eden of the East, and Noein in the past so it'll probably be one of the others :)

Commissario
OP
Aye, I think I got most of mine from DVD Pacific (according to my notes I paid about £13.5 per set back in 2006) when I think the DVD's were going out of print from the old Animeigo release.

£200+ is too much for a series for me to consider now if i'm honest, even one I love as much as Patlabor, although if that's everything it is about 70+ episodes (7 OVA, 47 TV, 16 new files).

I ended up watching Giovanni's Island, which was very and well done in terms of story.
I guessed that it wasn't going to have a happy ending the moment the Kanta got the cough, although the ending was nicely done (and had me thinking for a moment that Junpai had died at the reunion/school graduation ceremony when Tanya's grand daughter who looked exactly like Tanya first appeared).
I really need to watch some more happy and upbeat stuff, despite trying to avoid the sad stuff at the moment as I keep ending up watching stuff that results in dust getting in my eyes.

i'm going to make a start on either Love, Election and Chocolate or Kill Me Baby tonight, I think they should be safer/more light hearted anime :)

Soldato
Watched Part 1 of Godzilla on Netflix last night, you can tell it's Polygon straight away. For 90 minutes it didn't feel too slow and the action scenes weren't as fast paced as other shows they've done in the past. Part 2 should hopefully be a decent follow up.

Caporegime
I watched Devilman Crybaby, and was profoundly underwhelmed. I don't get all the hype. It's lazily written, steals ideas from better anime (the last two episodes are torn straight from Neon Genesis Evangelion) and doesn't last long enough to develop its characters or plot.

Soldato
Watched the first two episodes of Kakegurui last night, enjoying it so far but I hope the rest of the episodes don't turn into how have they cheated this time and how will she work it out to win.

Soldato
Finished Kakegurui and it had some really good moments and it's not like any anime I've watched before being set in a gambling world. Can't see how they could bring it back for a second season with how it ended.

Commissario
OP
I've got Kakeguri on my list to watch soon, I finished Girls beyond the wasteland which was fun but not really anything special and it didn't hook my interest fully for most of the first half of the serious (although that might have been in part because I was watching it subbed and was tired enough I was struggling to concentrate on the subs).

Tonight I'm probably going to watch another episode of The Ancient Magus Bride and start either Kill me Baby, or Beck.

I'm also sampling various light novels trying to decide what to get (and reading the Attack on Titan manga, as I got the humble bundle with the full set a few weeks bakc).

Back
Top Bottom