The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Associate
Really tried to get into that, it looks beautiful, but the story just seemed too damn slow and calm.
I lost interest very quickly

Ready the box of tissues lol

Ep 10 Watashi no Ann

Not gonna lie, im on episode 7 atm, im well into it, not my usual genre of Anime, but its nice for a little change

Tissues...you say, is it gonna as bad as Plastic Memories??? I proper felt things when watching that!

Soldato
I managed to get up to episode 5 or 6 I think before I dropped off

Keep watching the story is slow but its so good imo. Ep7 is touching and ep 10 is onion peeling

Not gonna lie, im on episode 7 atm, im well into it, not my usual genre of Anime, but its nice for a little change

Tissues...you say, is it gonna as bad as Plastic Memories??? I proper felt things when watching that!

Not seen plastic memories but ill go have a watch. If ep10 doesnt make you well up you have no soul lol ep7 is good especially the end scenes

Soldato
no idea when thier gonna send sword art online 2 so just found something else to watch in the mean time, started watching Gate on crunchy roll up to ep 11 and counting :)

not a paid crunchy roll member but they have the first ep up for new fmp, only saw the 2 min preview of it, am i right in thinking simul cast is just re airing the raw video with no subs?

Soldato
no idea when thier gonna send sword art online 2 so just found something else to watch in the mean time, started watching Gate on crunchy roll up to ep 11 and counting :)

not a paid crunchy roll member but they have the first ep up for new fmp, only saw the 2 min preview of it, am i right in thinking simul cast is just re airing the raw video with no subs?

Are you watching gate or steins gate? Simulcast you can watch it as it "airs" subs and all. After the simulcast its there for all premium members exactly the same as the simulcast.

If yoy want a few crunchy roll passes i have a few kicking about that will never get used

Soldato
Haven't even got round to Steins Gate s1 yet! Finished Twelve Kingdoms recently and to be honest I felt it only got good for a few episodes.
Very dissapointed but it had just enough draw to prevent me completely dropping it earlier. Took me ages as I've not had a huge amount of time and at 45 eps it was a incomplete mammoth (the story isn't complete at all). I personally wouldn't recommend it. There are plenty of 12/24 ep shows with far more consistency. Id actually rate the content (Not filler) of something like Naruto as far better and thats not even really aimed at me anymore.

I've started Tokyo Ghoul though so that should be a bit more lively.

And never knew that with Crunchyroll, although guessing the simulcast is usually hideous hours lol I assumed you had to wait for a month or something as a free member. Wouldn't say no to a pass if you have spares? :)

Edit: Just realised I feel a bit like the hobo in the corner people vaguely recognise, as I've just not been as active here as I used to be a few years or so ago. Sorry all, not you, just time stretched; a bit over a year ago I took a job in London which means i now spend 3+ hours of a typical working day just commuting!!

Recently managed to get hold of a numbered copy (the original release, 2000 total printed I believe) of the collectors edition Spice and Wolf with the faux leather cover and all off the volumes and artwork from the original series printed in one volume. A lot of my Spice and Wolf stuff is now in a mixture of places or at family home as dont have enough space to store it all here but cannot even consider getting rid of it with the possible exception of the paperbacks light novels now I have the Collectors edition.

Still wish they'd make more anime, especially now I understand the author is writing a sequel series, which I intend to catch up on in time; after a mega catchup and reaquaintance with the series reading the collectors edition. :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri. Fine addition to the popular and well established magical-gate-appears-in-Japan-that-opens-into-a-medieval-world-and-the-Japanese-invade-and-kick-the-crap-out-of-everyone genre.

Ended a little quickly (last few episodes felt a bit rushed) but there's plenty of scope for a second season, if they ever feel like it.

Soldato

And never knew that with Crunchyroll, although guessing the simulcast is usually hideous hours lol I assumed you had to wait for a month or something as a free member. Wouldn't say no to a pass if you have spares? :)

:)

Crunchy roll simulcast just allows you to watch as its aired. As soon as its aired its available to premium members only for a week then after a week anyone can watch member or not.

The simulcast hours are regionalised so for darling in the franxx as an example 5pm sundays. They dont tend to show at bad hours

Soldato
Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri. Fine addition to the popular and well established magical-gate-appears-in-Japan-that-opens-into-a-medieval-world-and-the-Japanese-invade-and-kick-the-crap-out-of-everyone genre.

Ended a little quickly (last few episodes felt a bit rushed) but there's plenty of scope for a second season, if they ever feel like it.

It was left open and there is more source material but it wont get any more as it was popular in the west but tanked in Japan.

Japanese arent fans of modern military related shows so bluray sales were crap i believe which means it gets canned

Soldato
Are you watching gate or steins gate? Simulcast you can watch it as it "airs" subs and all. After the simulcast its there for all premium members exactly the same as the simulcast.

If yoy want a few crunchy roll passes i have a few kicking about that will never get used

cheers but ill pass on the passes just gonna wait till its finished then binge it :D

its Gate im watching the now, theres something amusing about attack heli's playing the wagner music while shooting up guys with swords, it is just mental lol

finished steins gate the other week, took a bit to get into it but i was hooked after a while and i have to say im really glad i bought it :)

Back
Top Bottom