The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Soldato
So I made a bet that germany would progress further than brazil in the world cup as Germany just knocked out unless brazil also get knocked out.

I will have to watch Bleach, One Piece and Naruto....

any recommendations on order to watch?

I can save you a lot of time.

Watch something decent instead of them 3 casual shows.

Associate
Tokyo Ghoul:re has been renewed for a second season. also for those who didn't buy Ghost in the shell Standalone complex collector edition, manga ent is releasing a standard edition of this complete box set.

p.s I was surprise when my copy of GITS: SAC collector edition came it was much much bigger than what I was expecting, I though it was going to be little bit bigger than a blu-ray case not something that is bigger than a vinyl record.

Soldato
So I made a bet that germany would progress further than brazil in the world cup as Germany just knocked out unless brazil also get knocked out.

I will have to watch Bleach, One Piece and Naruto....

any recommendations on order to watch?

Bleach watch the main story and not the filler will cut the number of episodes down by around half, I haven't watched One Piece and Naruto if your doing Shippiden aswell that's around 800 episodes iirc including filler.

Commissario
OP
Alltheanime has a few offers on at the moment, mainly for tokyo ghoul related stuff, and animeonline.co.uk have Chobits on BD for £15, and Mysterious Girlfriend on DVD for a tenner (they seem to have stated doing a DVD and BD every week now, sometimes for the same title, sometimes different ones).

And I've still not started on GITS:SAC, I've not even watched the last couple of episodes of The Ancient Magus Bride which I was really enjoying, I've run into the problem that I'm desperately trying to paint some models for a deadline and can't paint and watch anime at the same time (instead I'll either listen to radio shows* and audio books, or commentary tracks on films).

*Never listen to "I'm sorry I haven't a clue" or "Just a minute" whilst doing detail work with a brush, unless you want uncontrolled squiggles as you laugh unexpectedly.

Caporegime
Just finished Violet Evergarden

8/10 for music and art/animation.
5/10 for everything else.

I seriously don't get all the praise, interesting concept for sure, but it was let down by slowest first 2/3rds of any anime I have ever watched, and only the last 4 episodes being decent.

Caporegime
Casshern Sins.

In 1973, Tatsunoko Productions released an anime called Shinzō Ningen Kyashān, and it was very cool.

In 2004, Kazuaki Kiriya's live action Kyashān hit the big screen, and it was a glorious hot mess that deserves cult status.

In 2008, Tatsunoko Productions rebooted the original anime as Casshern Sins, and it was a bleak, nihilistic fever dream. I loved it.

Casshern Sins is very dark. So dark that it makes the original anime look like Pita Ten. It also packs a terrific amount of story into just 12 episodes.

The humans created the robots, and gave them immortality. The robots gained self-awareness, and overthrew the humans. Then the Ruin came, and now humans and robots alike are dying. Ohji once worked for Braiking Boss, but now he wanders the wasteland. Dune, the God of Death, seeks vengeance for an unspeakable sin.

Who is the man that killed the Sun named Moon? What is the Ruin, and where does it come from? What is Casshern, and why is he immortal? Who is Luna, and does she really have a cure for the Ruin? What is the secret that connects Dio, Leda, and Casshern?

26.64 on the Haglee Scale. High recommended.

Back
Top Bottom