The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Associate
Watching Devilman Crybaby on netflix at the mo and really enjoying it.

Almost shocking levels of graphic violence and lewdness contrasted with some really touching moments and a story that keeps on drawing you in - 3 episodes left to watch this evening!
The original 3 OVA were fun to watch, the gruesome events from 3rd OVA just set it to the next level of "WTF moments"

Soldato
Watched Magikal Girl Site yesterday and that first episode was a shock to say the least, wouldn't recommend the 12 episodes as it was poor to say the least.

Done the first 2 episodes of Violet Evergarden and damn that's one good looking anime.

Commissario
OP
Alltheanime have a few offers on until some time today, Kiznaiver, Aoharu x Machinegu and Anthem of the Heart.

I've just finished watching Ghost in the Shell: SAC TV, which is actually better than I remember it.
The bit with the Tachikoma's using the sateliite with their processors/memory to save the Major still makes me watery eyed as it heads down whilst they're singing, although a bit when they're discussing it in virtual space and the last Tachichomatic Days does suggest at least one of them may have survived in virtual space, whilst the Fuschicoma's having the samve but more robotic voices, combined with that last 'Days episode also suggests they may not have been lost completely.

There were lots of bits I'd forgotten about, and I'm sure I picked up on some stuff I'd missed before thanks to the HD transfer meaning I was able to read some of the background/web graphics.

I'm going to try and watch the OVA's next, then I've got some BD's from AlltheAnime's last sale to catch up on (Psycho Pas Season 2, \Harmony, and Psychic School Wars).

I've sort of fallen behind a bit on Anime again over the last few months, as I was painting models and I can't paint and watch anime:(

Caporegime
Decided last night to start watching One Piece, 400gb later I've got all the episodes downloaded upto yesterday but it's going to take some time as there's over 850 :eek:

You can safely skip like 300, you should be able to find a list of fillers, and just read a synopsis of the Dressrosa arc (118 episodes in itself!)

Started watching the first actual season of Kekkai Sensen, didn't realise it existed when I started watching Kekkai Sensen Beyond.

Commissario
OP
I've just finished watching Ghost in the shell: Solid State Society, I'd completely forgotten what happened in it so it was like watching it for the first time :)
It's a really good addition to the SAC story.

I'd completely and utterly forgotten that the Major had left Section 9 and had been running around on her own with the Tachikoma's reconstructed from memories

Commissario
OP
I just finished watching "Lu over the wall", which was extremely fun, a weird art/character style at times, and very trippy in places, but really enjoyable :)

I'll probably watch "Psycho Pass" season 2, or "In this corner of the World" next

Soldato
Upto episode 80 and finished the giant arc of One Piece and enjoying it, reminds me of watching DBZ as a kid with how over the top and hype it can get at times, will be in for a shock when I finally catch up to when they switched to 'HD' episodes.

Soldato
AoT season 3 pacing is really frustrating me now..just want something to happen now.

According to Reddit if haven't read the manga after this weeks episode it's supposed to be full steam ahead until December.

I've blitzed through One Piece and I'm up to episode 280 and it's getting better and better as it goes, still got over 600 episodes until I've caught up.

Associate
According to Reddit if haven't read the manga after this weeks episode it's supposed to be full steam ahead until December.

I've blitzed through One Piece and I'm up to episode 280 and it's getting better and better as it goes, still got over 600 episodes until I've caught up.

well like naruto, bleach, detective conan, dragon ball etc there will be quite a lot of filler episode in one piece. but still a very good show I currently on episode 783 of one piece and for detective conan I'm on episode 808.

Associate
I forgot to add the unicorn to it in case you mistake it as one of the other ova in UC. mobile suit gundam unicorn UC OVA. Netflix has it listed as a season 1 but it is the 7 feature length episode ova series not the remake TV series that was done few years after the releases of the ova series.

Back
Top Bottom