The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Soldato
I'm just coming to the end of Gundam Unicorn, just got the final episode to watch!

So far I've seen The Origin, Gundam 00 and Iron-blooded Orphans. I should probably watch the original MSG series really, the old skool animation isn't that bad is it?

Associate
I'm just coming to the end of Gundam Unicorn, just got the final episode to watch!

So far I've seen The Origin, Gundam 00 and Iron-blooded Orphans. I should probably watch the original MSG series really, the old skool animation isn't that bad is it?
The original animation is lovely, all hand-drawn like expected from that era.
Out of the UC timeline, Zeta Gundam is still my favourite out of the ones i've watched which are:
Gundam
Zeta Gundam
F91
V gundam
Chars Counterattack
War in the pocket
Unicorn Gundam
I have ZZ gundam on blu-ray which I still haven't got round to watching as I have been trying catch up on re-watching Zeta Gundam but been lazy.

Soldato
Was looking for comedy anime and two series have just finished that I thought were brilliant (if you don't know them already):

Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro
and
Asobi Asobase

Both are hilarious, especially Chio's School Road. Chio is now one of my favourite female lead characters in an anime, the characters are so funny and grounded and it has an overall charm to the whole thing. Asobi Asobase lacks the charm but once you get past the weird severity it is actually genius with some genuine hilarious moments and performances by the cast.

Soldato
Finally upto date with One Piece, really enjoyed it even with some of the arcs spanning over 100 episodes, now I'm on weekly releases it feels so slow between episodes :(

As we're on the fall season watched:

Goblin Slayer - I don't think anyone would expect the first episode to go with the way it goes
Sword Art Online Alicization - 50 minute first episode, setting things up, nice being back in the SAO world.

Commissario
OP
Goblin Slayer is one I'm going to try and watch ASAP as i'm really enjoying the light novels - I've ended up reading a variety of the LN's for different stuff now, and the number of times I've muttered to myself "this is silly, but fun" is getting rather high;)

Currently watching May and the Witches Flower, which I've had sat on the side for a few weeks (pre-ordered the steelbook), and I'm enjoying but haven't had much time to sit and watch.

Soldato
I just recently got into Sword Art online. I had never heard of it, but they showed the first episode of season 3 in advance of its general release at MCM Comic Con in Glasgow. I got into it, so I went onto Crunchyroll to watch it. Made it through season 1 and currently working through season 2. Hoping I can finish season 2 and the movie soon, then I'll be able to dive into season 3 as its coming out :)

I also got one of the video games for PS4.

Soldato
Noooo not SAO. Honestly first series was the best (original premise was actually pretty cool), movie and series 2 etc went down hill. Kinda felt like Mary-Sue Online after a while!
Saying that I'm not majorly fond of AoT either...maybe I'm just getting older and more jaded/selective as time goes on.

Not had a huge amount of time recently for anime, but have dabbled back into some nostalgia and planning to watch a few series when I get a chance over coming months. Seen about half of the new Full Metal Panic series too, which actually hasn't been bad!

Associate
I just recently got into Sword Art online. I had never heard of it, but they showed the first episode of season 3 in advance of its general release at MCM Comic Con in Glasgow. I got into it, so I went onto Crunchyroll to watch it. Made it through season 1 and currently working through season 2. Hoping I can finish season 2 and the movie soon, then I'll be able to dive into season 3 as its coming out :)

I also got one of the video games for PS4.

Noooo not SAO. Honestly first series was the best (original premise was actually pretty cool), movie and series 2 etc went down hill. Kinda felt like Mary-Sue Online after a while!
Saying that I'm not majorly fond of AoT either...maybe I'm just getting older and more jaded/selective as time goes on.

SAO is a fun anime to watch, a good show? That will always be debated lol, the franchise has a lot of hardcore followers.
Season 1 episode 1-13 was good to watch but after that it got dumber and same jazz.

AoT i'm watching season 3 weekly still as I don't have anything to watch at the moment.

Jojo Bizarre Adventure Golden Wind has officially started, need watch the 1st episode and SSSS Gridman(based on Gridman *Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad american live adaptation* has started too.

Soldato
I'm finishing of series 3 of Shokugeki no Soma.

But I have seen the first episodes of the following:

Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai. Wasn't too sure about this before watching, but if found the quite interesting.
Zombieland Saga. It's different at least. :O

And I need to finish off Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro before I start watching more new stuff. :D

Soldato
Downloaded S1 & S2 of Fairy tail to give that a gander now the final season has just started.
Fairy Tail is my "guilty" pleasure - well not really guilty, it's a nice feel good show.

It is full of cheese and cliches, but the characters, setting, set pieces and above all the awesome soundtrack (easily one of the best soundtracks for anything in any medium) elevate it to one of those things that leaves a mark and stays with you after watching.

I will say the fan service in later seasons becomes a bit... well I think it's a bit excessive at times, however the core of the show is still solid. There are awesome story arcs particularly in the earlier seasons, and overall it's just a fun journey your mind can escape to that leaves you feeling good.

On a related note I recently binged through volumes 1-5 of RWBY and, well I wasn't sure what to expect - just having seen the odd gif and trailer with awesome fight choreography so decided to give it a shot. Wow, it's impressive. Didn't realise the creator passed away a few years ago, sad to learn that - they really had a good vision for this show and glad to see the team continued with it. I suppose if I had to summarise it in a sentence it would be something like "Little Red Riding Hood, Sarah Connor, Catwoman and Elsa from Frozen are recruited into Hogwarts University by the Wizard of Oz to improve their kung fu and fight against the Wicked Witch/Fairy Godmother and her forces of evil". Ok that's a really random analogy - but it's true there are numerous references to fantasy/fictional characters from other stories (I'd guess most main characters in the show can be referenced to something in another story) - the whole thing is like one big reference remixed into something awesome and unique. I mean they even have the General who fights with the kind of Equilibrium gun kata style! :D
The animation style was strange at first but the characters, setting, set pieces and fight choreography are so good as to draw you in and leave you wanting more. Great show.

Glad I watched it now seeing as Volume 6 is starting later this month.

Soldato
Saw this today, pretty nice.

medieval_doomguy_by_fakewaffle-dcnjlq5.jpg

Source: FakeWaffle

Back
Top Bottom