1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Werewolf, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Werewolf

Commissario

I just ordered a couple of titles, one i've been meaning to get for ages, and another that I spent a while looking for a good price on the other day without registering it was an MVM title:p

Given today's offers are being described as "Clearance day part 2" I suspect most of these are pretty close to last chance, at least for the complete sets (the part seasons have probably been replaced by full season sets).

2. Werewolf

Commissario

Well that's the last of it, just ordered the Anime-on-line mystery Bluray bundle:)

3. memyselfandi

Sgarrista

Yep, same here. Hopefully i won't end up with too many duplicates

4. Sasahara

Mobster

5. krooton

Capodecina

Out of curiosity, I had a look at some My Hero Acadamia dubbed videos... big mistake!

The English voices are so bad, and a far cry from what the Japanese VAs manage.

All Might was just about passable, and Bakugo actually sounded cool, but all the other characters lose their essence in English, Eraser, Midoriya and the Mic guy from the tournament all sound so generic it hurts.

Sub fo life! Even if that makes me a weeb. :p

6. memyselfandi

Sgarrista

Actually had some of my early Christmas period ATA orders finally arrive yesterday.

7. Werewolf

Commissario

I'm still waiting on my ATA orders, although I did have a couple of AOL orders from the 12th and 13th ship today.

8. memyselfandi

Sgarrista

Whilst I had three shipment notifications over several days they all came from ATA in a single order which didn't come for quite a significant time after the last notification (so much so I was wondering if it was lost). To be honest at this point it would be easier for me if they just waited to the new year for both of them

9. Werewolf

Commissario

I've had a couple of shipments form Anime-on-line arrive today and notification of an order from the 8th day of their sale shipping:)

So far none of my ATA orders have shipped, although they did say it would likely be 7-14 days between ordering and shipping, so it looks like I'm going to get a deluge of orders probably after Christmas and into the first/second week of January, which would be mildly annoying if I was desperate for anything, but I've got so much to watch that I'm sort of dreading the backlog buildup:p (I've still got Fireworks to watch from it's release, Harmony from months ago, ditto for In this corner of the world, and I found Love Election & Chocolate and Kill me Baby from last year).

10. Werewolf

Commissario

Just received an email from ATA, it turns out they were using a different distribution centre to normal to try and deal with the order numbers better, and it sounds like the distribution people have messed up.

11. memyselfandi

Sgarrista

Yeah, I get the feeling that really using a different company like this is just asking for trouble. Probably been better if they had said things from this day will ship around this date and spread things out so their normal processes would work.

I've had multiple shipments from anime-on-line with more shipped todsy. From ATA I had one shipment so far which was non-preorder things from the first few days ... But although that was one package I had three separate shipment notifications and then it took over 2 weeks to arrive. I'd sxpexp that from Japan direct ... Not from in the UK. If you need to ship after Christmas then fine but tell me and when you say you have shipped get tthe package to me in a reasonable time.

12. Werewolf

Commissario

Had another couple of orders from mvm arrive this morning:)

So I've had about half my orders from them now (8 out of 16 items), but none from ATA.
    I suspect given the email from ATA I'll probably get a bunch of orders from them arrive within a couple of days either Christmas Eve, or more likely just before new years.

I started watching Love Live last night as I had to go to bed early due to a bad back*, and ended up watching about four episodes and thoroughly enjoyed it.

*Somehow I pulled it the other day, as near as I can tell in my sleep:rolleyes::mad:

13. Werewolf

Commissario

Watched some more Love Live last night and I'm really enjoying it, it's silly and lighthearted fun:)

I also just had a package through from ATA via TNT which I think is of the mystery boxes going by the "purchase order", although I'm not sure if it's Production or Marketing.

The contents are
    Noin Collectors edition
    Erased Collectors edition part 1
    Black Butler season 3 collectors edition
    Princess Arete Collections edition
    Ajin Season 1 collectors edition

of which I've got Noein, been meaning to pick up Arete and Ajin for a while, and was probably going to pick up Erased and BB at some point.

14. memyselfandi

Sgarrista

Yeah I received the same box yesterday, it was delivered to a neighbour before Christmas but I've been away. Had various other packages from MVM but nothing else from ATA. Funnily one of the MVM packages had a note in it I fixating their had been a picking error at the distributor and hence one of the titles would have to follow in the new year ....

15. Werewolf

Commissario

Hopefully I'll receive the other mystery box next week along with the rest of the ATA orders:p
    It sounds like they may have got one lot of the mystery bundles out but not the other as we both ordered both sets from memory.

Rather annoyingly my TV started playing up Chrismas day, at first I thought the TV was totally gone as all I seemed to be getting was flashes of a offset ghost image, but it turns out it's "just" the OSD side of things that has decided to start dying and the TV had set itself to an unused input. I suspect it's something like a capacitor on the OSD control board as after the TV has been on for 15 minutes the OSD sometimes comes back (or at least shows as a partial flickering image).
    So I'm looking for a new TV, but hoping this one doesn't die totally this month:)
    I was surprised to see a 43 4k HDR panny was only about £550, I paid more than that for my current 32" 1080 one back in '08 (and it's done something like 20k hours of use).

16. krooton

Capodecina

Watched Your Name for the 3rd time, still fantastic

17. pecnarf

Hitman

just finish watching goblin slayer it very good can't wait for the second season but I should of waited for blu-ray released as it was heavily censored.

18. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

I love it, I think I've seen it about 6 times or more? Half the time I watch it in Japanese with subtitles. One time I watched it in Japanese and then straight away rewatched it in English.

19. Werewolf

Commissario

I really want to get round to watching both Your Name and Silent voice again some time soon, but so much stuff to watch:p (I found two series I bought in the 2017 ATA/MVM sales I haven't watched, and so many series on their way).

I just finished Love Live seasons 1 and 2, and really enjoyed them (should I really be saying that on here?), it's one of those anime that had me smiling away for much of it, and the songs were oddly catchy/enjoyable.

20. memyselfandi

Sgarrista

The concert version of Your Name is well worth a watch if you like the music from the film. Radwimps and a full orchestra playing all the music from the film with the film playing on a big screen behind them. When the emergency alarm winds up it gives me chills (in a good way) ....