1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Werewolf, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Werewolf

Commissario

I'll probably see if I can find that concert version:)

I just had an email from MVM saying they've "completed" (so hopefully shipped) one of my orders from the 17th, nothing from ATA though yet, but hopefully they'll start arriving next week.

2. memyselfandi

Sgarrista

I received one disk from MVM yesterday, which was the one they failed to send before Christmas but included a note about apologising. Nothing from ATA but given that they seem sometimes to be poor at even sending dispatch notes out who knows what will happen there.

3. Sasahara

Mobster

RE ATA: People have been getting orders up to day 11 and 4/5 of the 2nd blu-ray bundle from yesterday. Some all packed together.

MVM have now shipped most day 11 orders. The day 12 deals may start to be shipped today or Monday.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  4. Werewolf

Commissario

Apparently ATA should have shipped all the orders now with a few noted exceptions according to an email I got earlier.

The annoying bit for me is, assuming ATA ship using TNT again (or even RM) there is a good chance I won't be in when the delivery arrives if it comes Monday, as everyone will be out for much of the day (literally the only day that's been the case for a month).

5. memyselfandi

Sgarrista

I've got some kind of package (I think from them) sitting with one of my neighbours (who are now out) ... typically it came when I had to go out for an hour earlier.

edit:
    hmmmm .....

Well looks like I'm affected by quite a few of the above ....
    - Not received Snow White with the Red Hair (to be honest I thought this was a pre-order so wasn't really expecting it)
    - Pre-orders are pre-orders .... fine
    - Not received second mystery box ... trouble is don't know which of the mystery boxes was received ...
    - Have received a couple of things twice ...

Shipping has been awful ... no dispatch notes so you have no idea when/if things have shipped out. The "card" saying that my delivery had been left with a neighbour today was a scrappy piece of paper ripped off something (there was stuff on the other side) and a quick note scribbled on it.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  6. Glanza

Sgarrista

Watched Seven Deadly Sins movie as it's popped up on Netflix, enjoyable and more of the same as the episodes but I felt the Sins weren't really used at all this film which was a shame.

7. Sasahara

Mobster

MVMs New Year sale is now on. 20% off everything.

https://twitter.com/MVM_UK/status/1082204924618960896

8. Werewolf

Commissario

Must
    Not
    Buy...

I just had 3 orders from ATA arrive in one box, including a couple of day 13's, so I've just got the second mystery box outstanding, and the pre-orders that were delayed:)

9. pecnarf

Hitman

well as that time of the year again, here what I bought last year anime wise.

Attack On Titan - Season 02 Zavvi Exclusive Collector's Edition Boxset Blu-ray
    GATE - Collector's Edition Combi (tbc) BD/DVD
    Log Horizon Season 1 & 2 Collector's Edition (12) Blu-Ray
    Grimgar: Ashes & Illusions: Blu-ray Ltd. Collector's Ed
    Durarara!! x2 (Part 3: Ketsu) Blu-ray Ltd. Collector's Ed.
    Classroom Season 2 Part 1 Blu-ray
    Classroom Season 2 Part 2 Blu-ray
    ghost in the shell SaC blu-ray
    Testament of Sister New Devil: Season 1 - Blu-ray Ltd. Collector's Ed.
    Testament of Sister New Devil Burst: Season 1 - Blu-ray Ltd. Collector's Ed
    outbreak company [Blu-ray]
    Yona Of the Dawn Part 1 [Blu-ray]
    Yona Of the Dawn Part 2 [Blu-ray]
    Robotics; Notes: Part 1 [Blu-ray]
    Robotics; Notes: Part 2 [Blu-ray]
    Maquia - Blu-ray/DVD Collector's Edition + AllTheAnime.com Exclusive Script Booklet - 12 Days of Christmas 2018
    Sky blue [blu-ray]
    Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle Collection [Blu-Ray]

10. memyselfandi

Sgarrista

Has an order arrive from ATA ..... return address is MVM ....

11. Sasahara

Mobster

Yes MVM do forfill some of ATAs orders.

12. Werewolf

Commissario

Aye although for the Christmas deals IIRC it was all meant to be Sony DAOC.

I just had notification from mvm they've shipped my last normal order from their sale :) (IIRC from the 11th day), so only their mystery box to be shipped from them now :)
    Once that's here I'll possibly post a list of what I bought last year, it's about 50 items, over half in the sales:p

13. Sasahara

Mobster

Well I got all the non mystery box items now from both MVM and ATA. And not counting Maquia pre-order.

I think most of my anime this year was in the sales, but I did order 65 items, 40 from MVM, 25 ATA (Including 15 for the mystery boxes). :O

Definitely the most I've purchased in a long while.

14. memyselfandi

Sgarrista

Still waiting from the mystery box from MVM and one from ATA, along with Snow White with the Red Hair and pre-orders from both.

Will need to look to see what I got this year .... I thought it was quite low but looking around maybe it isn't ...

15. memyselfandi

Sgarrista

From a rough look through I've got the following list for 2018. It is probably incomplete:

Yes I know I purchased Little Busters Refrain twice, once on DVD and once on BD ... this is due to the first one being on the weekly deals for 9.99 and then it coming up on BD later at 14.99.

16. pecnarf

Hitman

well my list is also incomplete as it forgot to add sword art online movie to it, so they possible other missing.

17. Werewolf

Commissario

My 2018 list, although it's incomplete without the second ATA bundle, and the MVM one..
    I was doing really well until about December...I'd even managed to resist the lure of that lovely Bebop set as I'd only bought the blu-rays last year.

This year I'm definitely putting more aside for December's offers, and I'm half considering trying to get the Wolf's Rain UE at some point.

[edit]
    I was just breaking down the box the ATA order arrived in yesterday, and realised it had two TNT shipping labels, one over the other, with the bottom one stating a collection date of the 3rd. So it looks like it was probably sat ready to go last Thursday but didn't get shipped until Saturday.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  18. Glanza

Sgarrista

Godzilla part 3 is now on Netflix

19. Kyo

Mobster

Sirius the Jaeger was an unexpected gem.

20. Kyo

Mobster

LoL WW at this rate your collection is going to bigger than the retailer. Dedicated room in the house to store Animes?