1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Werewolf, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Werewolf

Commissario

Erm a lot of it has been uncased and stored in sleeves in flight cases, certainly pretty much anything that wasn't in a fancy box/case up to a few years back::) (and things like Tenchi seroes ended up with everything in 2-4 way single width cases inside the tenchi universe box).

I've got no intention of buying from MVM's sale at the moment - my TV needs replacing in the next few months ;) (the OSD is dying and the set is 10 years old with thousands of hours of use).

2. Sasahara

Mobster

OK 2018, there are certainly around half a dozen missing from this. But as they were purchases at a convention I don't have a record. :p

3. memyselfandi

Sgarrista

Ah, my MVM mystery box has finally shipped.

Avoiding their sale at the moment as I've spent way to much on IT kit in the last month.

4. Werewolf

Commissario

Same here, mvm mystery box has shipped and avoiding the sale...

I'm hoping the second ATA mystery box will ship soon, although they did say they'd give an update within a week in their last email.

5. Werewolf

Commissario

MVM mystery bundle arrived:)
    Heavens lost property season 1
    Love and lies
    Matoi 9 the sacred slayer
    Norn 9
    Skip Beat
    I don't have any of the titles already:)

6. memyselfandi

Sgarrista

Yep, I have the first title listed but none of the rest.

ATA shipped Snow White with the Red Hair to me just now as well so, not including pre-orders I'm just going to be missing the second ATA mystery box.

7. Werewolf

Commissario

Once the second ATA bundle arrives I'm debating doing a post in the "what I've bought thread" in GD, but I suspect there would be comments:p

All told the offers this year were pretty good (very good if i hadn't already got most of what was in several of the ATA known bundles), and I picked up far too much:p

8. Werewolf

Commissario

Part of the second mystery bundle (marketting) has arrived along with another email saying the rest of the bundle will arrive separately

It's a title I've got on DVD and enjoyed many moons ago, so it'll be fun watching it again.

9. Sasahara

Mobster

Got these on Saturday as well. That complete my MVM orders.

I also didn't have any of them, so that pretty good and I was conssidering buying Love and Lies at full price.

10. memyselfandi

Sgarrista

I actually don't have it at all so that's quite good ... need the rest of the bundle still though

11. Werewolf

Commissario

Aye i'm still waiting on the rest of that bundle (for some reason I typed bungle at first:p), and was a little worried that it was a single item and not one I'd ordered for a minute or two (especially as the note mentioned partial/non delivered), then saw the email explaining what was going on.

It's nice to see it is getting cleared up, and I suspect ATA will be glad when they stop getting emails from people trying to chase up orders:)

12. kurosagi01

Gangster

Finally watched Godzilla 2 & 3 animated movies on Netflix, overall it was good watch but the finale was a bit disappointing and the fight between godzilla vs ghidorah was meh. Although the overall story and theme has left a strong message like the 1954 movie left.
    Humanity needs to change or we will create godzilla :D

13. HybridX

Mobster

I spy Kancolle i upboat. You play?

14. Sasahara

Mobster

Nope, I currently using my time on Girls' Frontline and Hearthstone, having put wow on hold.

15. krooton

Capodecina

I play Honkai Impact 3rd, which has some cracking cutscenes

16. kurosagi01

Gangster

This was insane and hilarious to watch.

17. memyselfandi

Sgarrista

I'm not holding my breath ....

18. Werewolf

Commissario

I received the remainder of the second mystery box a few hours ago:) (TNT and the contents of the box felt like they'd been kept in a fridge*)
    It had
    Attack on Titan Junior Hight
    Gangsta
    The case of Hana & Alice
    Tokyo Esp

of which I already had Tokyo ESP from 2016.

So all three mystery packages have been good for me this year, with only 2 duplicates in total (and one where I'd got the ancient DVD's).

I suspect some time later in the year when I'm planning to redecorate my computer/media/model room I'll end up sorting out my collection and getting rid of duplicates, as I think at this point I've got 3 or 4 duplicated BD sets, but they're spread out all over the place.

*I noticed that with both the previous TNT packages, and someone on another forum commented on it, I don't remember packages from other delivery services feeling the same.

19. memyselfandi

Sgarrista

I've had a despatch note but god knows if/when I'll get it given how bad TNT are (I thought Yodel were bad but TNT make them look like saints).

If those are whats in it then that's good as I don't have any of them.

20. Werewolf

Commissario

I'd nearly bought 3 of those, but had to put it off due to overspending when ATA did the "early" offers so was waiting for either a deal or a standard release:)

I'm going to try and avoid buying any more anime for a few months, as it's taking me around a week to watch a 26 episode series and I've got about 30 series (although only about half are 26 episodes).