The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Commissario
OP
It's a good series although it's flow is interrupted a bit by the filler episodes about 2/3 of the way through, where apparently they got quite behind so did 3 or 4 episodes that were basically "the story so far" with a little new material, then had to add 4 episodes to the end of the series.
I remember people not being amused that when the single discs were coming out they basically had a disc of recaps.

Talking of unwatched discs, I realised I've still got a box of anime from last year that I haven't managed to see yet (mainly sub only*), which is a bit concerning given the big box of anime I picked up over Christmas :p

*We've been very slowly decorating so I've not had much time to spend the time concentrating on subs when tired:(

Commissario
OP
You're in for a treat I think :)

I'm just hitting the last few episodes of Wolf's Rain, but decided to stop at the end of disc 3 (ep 27) because I don't want to risk missing any details and was getting sleepy:)

After that It's probably going to be something comedic from my December buys, or possibly Fruits Basket set one:)

Soldato
Well I was going to start on the Cells at Work BD set this afternoon but it turned out that the JPop concert BD I was watching was significantly longer than I thought it would be (ok they are expensive ... but given there is 4 concerts (and a making of disk) in the set and the first concert alone is 3hrs 46mins!)

Soldato
Wolfs Rain is one of the most depressing anime I've ever watched, very good show though.

Vinland Saga was fantastic, bring on season 2 imo.

I very much enjoyed Shield Hero, fairly predictable but still good.

I'm currently watching Darwin's Game which I'm enjoying so far, feels a bit like a lighter in tone Gantz.

Associate
well I order "Gundam Wing Complete (Part 1, Part 2, Endless Waltz) Blu-ray Collector's Editions Bundle Offer - AllTheAnime.com" as I was holding off buying Gundam wing until they were doing the complete package. now they announce they doing "MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM 0083" as there next blu-ray releases.

Commissario
OP
I'm tempted by Wing, but at the moment my wallet is still recovering from Christmas, and I've only watched two of the series I got from that so far (well, Wolf's Rain and most of Castle Town Dandelion).

In case anyone is interested Parasyte the Maxim collectors editions are about £20 each from Amazon and Zavvi.

Commissario
OP
I ordered Terror in Rsonance from ATA on Tuesday and it arrived today!
Apparently they're expecting to clear the Funi sale orders by around mid March, I suspect they must have been utterly swamped but also possibly giving them a lower priority than non funi orders (which makes sense).

I watched my first "mystery box" item, the Rokka set which I really enjoyed as it turned out to be very different from what I was expecting in the first episode (it reminded me of "they were eleven" in some ways), and I ended up watching it in 3 nights:)

Next up is probably going to be Zombieland saga as that arrived the other day:)

Soldato
So, finally got to see Weathering with You at the cinema yesterday. Visually it's very, very good, but that's not surprising, but overall I personally didn't find it as good as Your Name. I found the first half of the film didn't really draw me in as much and while it improved later it was just some what lacking. Also whilst the soundtrack had its moments I didn't get the chills Radwimps gave me with the previous film.

It's not a bad film and I would recommend watching it (and it's now up for pre-order on Amazon for an end of September release).

Back
Top Bottom