The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Spy X Family opening with a strong first episode. Already love it and from the general reaction it looks like it may end up as a anime of the season if not year candidate!
I was going to give it a miss because the concept didn't appeal to me but based in some.of the reactions on the thread will give it a go.

@Raymond Lin Really recommend Overlord if you haven't seen it.
I haven't but will also give it a go. Reminds me of skeleton knight which I still to start.

Last edited:
Soldato
My 10 year old daughter loves anime. Any suggestions on what shelves/books/games I can recommend to her?

Might recommend Non Non Biyori, its pretty wholesome and chill and probably appropriate for her (any anyone tbh :D)

Non non Biyori - The story takes place in the countryside small town village of Asahigaoka, a place lacking many of the conveniences that people from the city are accustomed to. The nearest stores are a few miles away and one of the local schools consists of only five students, each of whom is in a different grade of elementary or middle school. Hotaru Ichijo, a fifth grader from Tokyo, transfers into Asahigaoka Branch School and adjusts to countryside life with her new friends.

I saw Gigguk mentioned that on one of his videos, looked interesting :)
I saw the teaser for it and people in the comments seemed hyped for it so i though i would have a look at the Manga and binged it all. I love it. They dropped a proper trailer 5 days ago instead of the teasers

I was going to give it a miss because the concept didn't appeal to me but based in some.of the reactions on the thread will give it a go.

I haven't but will also give it a go. Reminds me of skeleton knight which I still to start.

Spy X Family is solidly well made animation wise, the characters are unique and the comedy is on point. Also... Yor, hands down best female character this season!

Skeleton Knight is typical isekai in the sense of the characters OP as balls but they actually do it well and the show is fairly solid and well received. It's often commented the MC Arc is the good and friendly version of Ainz Ooal Gown from overlord. Overlord is a great isekai and a refreshing change since most Isekai go down the OP good guy route and Overlord is the opposite. The animation, story, characters and comedy are all on point for it and again its highly regarded as a quality show.

Soldato
Already watched it, but went south at the end.

I don't have a great love for it, which is weird as I should do given the theme.

I kind of find myself a bit middling on Vinland Saga, but I'll probably check out season 2 anyway.

Kongming watched last ep earlier that was a really good place to end it I thought, not sure if more seasons will get made but what was made was worth seeing, I loved how absurd the premise is.

Soldato
Just seen Spriggan has been released on netflix and looks pretty good so going to give it a try.

Also just found the trailer for "*******!! -Heavy Metal, Dark Fantasy", another netflix show, and it looks pretty impressive from the trailer

Edit: had to changer the trailer video as the other ones thumbnail was a bit TOS for the forums :D

• Wow
Reactions: Kyo
Soldato
watching ghost stories with the funny dub on prime and it is pure comedy gold, i cannot believe that i never seen this stuff before.

"Ghost Stories was picked up for dubbing by ADV Studios in 2005. According to voice actor Greg Ayres, they were told to "do whatever it took to sell the show." The only condition was that the basic story and names of major characters and ghosts had to remain intact, but everything else was fair game".

funniest stuff i have seen in years :D

Last edited:
Soldato
watching ghost stories with the funny dub on prime and it is pure comedy gold, i cannot believe that i never seen this stuff before.

"Ghost Stories was picked up for dubbing by ADV Studios in 2005. According to voice actor Greg Ayres, they were told to "do whatever it took to sell the show." The only condition was that the basic story and names of major characters and ghosts had to remain intact, but everything else was fair game".

funniest stuff i have seen in years :D

Ghost Stories is incredible, i only got to watch it properly a few months ago after spending years watching clips on YouTube. I just love how un-pc it is

Pet Northerner
Don
spy x family is really good but don't sleep on stuff like kongming and birdie wing, they are also really good :)

got Kongming on my next to watch list!

It really is fun, the dynamic between the main characters especially as Anya is the only one who is in on everything even if she doesn't really understand it.

yep, 100% agree !

Soldato
I did look at Cestvs but the 3D CGI doesn't usually work for me when it's the characters who are 3D.

I'm currently watching Elaina the wandering Witch, which is a good watch so far. It's clear the studio have put a lot of care and attention into it.

Soldato
I'm currently watching Elaina the wandering Witch, which is a good watch so far. It's clear the studio have put a lot of care and attention into it.

It's a good show and fairly chill for the first couple of episodes but gets darker as it goes on.

If you want a super chill wholesome witch based slice of live anime watch "The Flying Witch"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom