The anti Israel = anti semitism agenda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Capodecina
Soldato
I would just give up on this one dowie . . . :)
Somehow I don't think that Dowie will ever give up on this one; he and perhaps you have missed out on the OP which kinda suggests that
Israel have been pushing their anti-Isreal=anti-Semitism angle quite hardcore the past couple of years
. . .
Now they promote the fact Jews in other countries get attacked and use it as a way of influencing those countries to retrain their police/teachers etc. in the new definition, to push their agenda through right from the top.
Israel has every right to speak out against racism - every country has that duty.
The Israeli Government doesn't have any right to use opposition to racism to justify their own Government's racist behaviour.

Simple really :)

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
I did try, honest gov. I just don't have the brain for it.

Edit:
Rl9EKt4.jpg

hahahaha :D

Last edited:

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Israel has every right to speak out against racism - every country has that duty.
The Israeli Government doesn't have any right to use opposition to racism to justify their own Government's racist behaviour.

Yes! This guy is switched on. Cheers man :)

err...I mean "lolkwerk"

Caporegime
Whats so hard you can't seem to grasp where I'm coming from? I responded to your initial query regarding the issue with the IHRA definition, why ignore that now?

You seem adamant that I'm no making sense but you skip and chop to suit which I don't find appealing to respond to in the way you wish.

Well back up what you've posted then... it isn't hard - what is the basis for your claims?

Regarding the quote, I'm not going to hold your hand through it anymore man, you're seriously sucking the life from me wanting some colour by numbers version of what I'm saying. If you're still struggling then we'll just have to call it a day. You obviously aren't getting my point and I'm obviously not making it well enough.

So you can't even provide a basic explanation... the reality is you've posted an article about actual anti semitism which doesn't fit the claims you made in the OP... if it does then please do explain. Of course I'm not getting your point, your point is utterly flawed, you quoted a German government official he's not working for the Israelis!

I would just give up on this one dowie, I don't think you're going to get any kind of reasonable response from someone like that. From a casual readers point of view they have already been hung by their own petard. :)

I did several days ago, but he tagged me in a post the other day then yesterday he quoted me again to bring me back into the thread... I don't understand what he's trying to do here - I get tagged or quoted or he gives some sort of response, but he doesn't actually provide anything then when I reply he goes off on a tangent and dumps in a silly picture... or the latest a text convo with his buddy.

Yup, and I don't have a problem in general with that sort of criticism - however the issue is the OP is apparently talking about a story related to Germany... he's been asked multiple times what he's referring to and the story he's pulled out has nothing to do with Israel using opposition to racism to justify their own Government's behaviour. If it does then please do point it out.... it is the BBC article here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-48411735

If instead you're just turning this into a general criticism of Israel thread then that's kind of what I was pointing out in the first place.

Soldato
No point making a new thread as I guess it will just mirror this but the atrocities happening there now are quite horrific.

Seems every year its the same thing.

When will the international community get involved? UN? Anyone? All it looks like is leaders condemning actions but no real action being taken...

Soldato
No point making a new thread as I guess it will just mirror this but the atrocities happening there now are quite horrific.

Seems every year its the same thing.

When will the international community get involved? UN? Anyone? All it looks like is leaders condemning actions but no real action being taken...

When will school girls stop being blown up in Afghanistan? Never, as long as Islam/Judaism exists, apply the same logic to the Israel/Palestine conflict.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
When will school girls stop being blown up in Afghanistan? Never, as long as Islam/Judaism exists, apply the same logic to the Israel/Palestine conflict.

Bit of a stretch there, persecution of minorities isn't solely rooted in Islam/Judaism nor localised in Israel/Palestine.

Bit off topic, but school girls weren't being blown up in Afghanistan until after the West intervened to liberate them...End result can be good or bad if others get involved.

Soldato
Bit of a stretch there, persecution of minorities isn't solely rooted in Islam/Judaism nor localised in Israel/Palestine.

Bit off topic, but school girls weren't being blown up in Afghanistan until after the West intervened to liberate them..

Yea, they couldnt go to school thats why. The lives of 50% of the population pre 2001 were essentially worthless, christ, I really shouldn't have to tell someone in 2021 what life under ther Taliban was like.

Caporegime
Any kind of unfair discrimination is bad.

But so is the banning of talking about certain topics.

For example we can talk about over representation or under representation of some groups on TV, in the workplace etc.

But some groups cannot be mentioned at all...

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Yea, they couldnt go to school thats why. The lives of 50% of the population pre 2001 were essentially worthless, christ, I really shouldn't have to tell someone in 2021 what life under ther Taliban was like.

I know what life was like under them, but that wasn't the main point so why respond to that only?

Soldato
My main point was pretty obvious I thought, there'd be no conflict in the first place if there was no religion in that part of the world.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, just make it a crime to indoctrinate children into religion and it'll die out within a couple of generations. It's nonsense that nobody should believe in and doesn't do anything except cause problems. More and more of Western populations are self identifying as having no religion... not that it's going to be a utopia once everyone does but it'll sure help stop many problems.

Obviously there are people who turn to religion in later life but they're an insigificant minority and would latch onto whatever else was the flavour of the month if religion didn't exist.

Starting first with religious schools - ban 'em. Ban 'em all.

Last edited:
Soldato
Religion is simply an excuse for Israel both sides to do as it wishes.

Both sides in this use religion to justify their actions, this isn't just "one side good vs one side evil". In the most recent events boths sides played a part in escalating events, from Israel's crackdowns on protestors to Hamas launching 200+ rockets at Israeli cities etc, it's just a tit-for-tat series of events that none seem to want to stop or avoid.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
My main point was pretty obvious I thought, there'd be no conflict in the first place if there was no religion in that part of the world.

Yes, and so was mine. I'm fairly sure there would still be conflict anywhere if one group of people oppressed another, regardless of religion.

As I said, school girls in Afghanistan is off topic and I'm sure there's already a thread where we can 'discuss' this but given its 2021 it might be pointless since we should know everything just because :)

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Both sides in this use religion to justify their actions, this isn't just "one side good vs one side evil". In the most recent events boths sides played a part in escalating events, from Israel's crackdowns on protestors to Hamas launching 200+ rockets at Israeli cities etc, it's just a tit-for-tat series of events that none seem to want to stop or avoid.

This is why there should be some sort of international organisation, that has a bite not just a bark, to 'enforce' laws to resolve conflict, based on human freedom and to reduce suffering and provide equal and fair opportunity for a good standard of living. I'd call this organisation UN perhaps, for Universal Normalisation, or something.

:-/

Soldato
This is why there should be some sort of international organisation, that has a bite not just a bark, to 'enforce' laws to resolve conflict, based on human freedom and to reduce suffering and provide equal and fair opportunity for a good standard of living. I'd call this organisation UN perhaps, for Universal Normalisation, or something.

Who created these laws? What laws are they supposed to follow, ones made a single country, ones made by a committee of members, ones made by an apolitical organisation or are they supposed to create new laws? In my country I vote for a party and the party creates a law and if I don't the law I can vote to remove the party for a party which will remove the I don't like, which provides a form of checks and balances - who would do this for the laws the UN create, seen as out of 164 UN members only 57% are actual democracies, with the rest being a variety of one party states, monarchy or autocratic in nature. What if the conflict is religious in nature - as the majority of UN members are Christian what if an autocratic Muslim member attacks a democratic Christian member because they claim the Christian nation is a threat to their freedom, what about the reverse etc?

Again, whose freedom, whose suffering etc? There are at least two sides in any argument, what if both want freedom, if both are suffering? Should the UN be the single entity to decide and enforce laws which say "your peoples suffering and freedom doesn't count, only the other sides"?

In the real world where things are not a simplistic Good vs Bad and issues aren't black and white but shades of grey, there is no single "answer" or international law created which is fair to everyone, and there certainly never can be if unelected, unaccountable creations are allowed to create new laws with no recourse. Yes those laws may benefit someone you like initially so you think everything is fantastic with zero problems and "The Bad Guys" got what was coming to them, but those same laws can also be applied to your country too in ways you never thought about, then suddenly you're "The Bad Guy" only you don't think you are, and now those same laws you championed earlier are now effecting your freedom, making your countries population suffer and there's nothing you can do about it.

The only way these conflict resolve themselves is either violence or negotiation but most frequently a bit of both and thats the position currently held by those in power on all sides here and thats not changing anytime soon.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
A nation cursed by God, history bears witness to this (the persecution of the jewish people) can not change its spots just as a leopard can not.

Israel is constantly kicking palestinians from there home, they are dirty thieves. It's a shame no one in the region has similar military power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom