The Apple HE store - Full prices and details in here. *prices correct as of 15/06/10*

Soldato
Well, I just checked into apples website to look at their current prices myself, I tried to make a build comparative to my PC that included the 24" monitor:

Thats without HE discount though.

Difference is the MP is a workstation, not a cobbled together overclockers dream.

I agree the price between a Mac Pro and a self built is ridiculous however I still bought a Mac Pro ;)

OS X is a very, very expensive system to use :p

Soldato
The free Ipod deal is back.

hi

has anyone done this deal? how did it work

can i just check. depending on which ipod you buy its not actually free? you get a maximum of £130 rebate

how do you get your money back? say i buy the MBP base 13" and a 32gb ipod touch. you make a claim and the £130 is refunded to your original payment method?

e: just used the apple chat window. they told me this about the rebate

'The rebate process is by adding the items to your basket, the price is paid at checkout, a form which I will provide you a link to would be filled out when the products arrive, and within 4-6 weeks your rebate will come back by mail in cheque form.'

Last edited:
Associate
With a HE Online purchased system what should the warranty status say when checked online?

Had a Macbook Pro delivered yesterday which I believed would have the 3 year Applecare without telephone support, but when the serial number is checked online it shows only a 1 year warranty.

box

box

Associate
With a HE Online purchased system what should the warranty status say when checked online?

Had a Macbook Pro delivered yesterday which I believed would have the 3 year Applecare without telephone support, but when the serial number is checked online it shows only a 1 year warranty.

I've heard that a few people got their warranties upgraded a couple of weeks from purchase. It is a custom amendment to the standard warranty, so this would make sense I guess. It didn't happen with mine though, and I ended up fighting tooth and nail to get in fixed.

If nothing changes, Kevin Duncan at Apple is your man. Give it at least a couple of weeks though.

Soldato
I've heard that a few people got their warranties upgraded a couple of weeks from purchase. It is a custom amendment to the standard warranty, so this would make sense I guess. It didn't happen with mine though, and I ended up fighting tooth and nail to get in fixed.

If nothing changes, Kevin Duncan at Apple is your man. Give it at least a couple of weeks though.

so it should happen automatically? just keep checking online and if it doesnt then call?
how do we get in touch with Kevin?

edit: why did yo uhave to push so hard when its clearly what youre meant to have?

Associate
Seems to be sorted. Got this via email:

We have reached out to a member of our administration team and they have advised that you will in fact receive 3 full years of hardware support and 1 year phone support. The page which displays your coverage will likely display the incorrect date for a period of time before being corrected, but this will not effect your actual coverage in any way.

Back
Top Bottom