The Apple HE store - Full prices and details in here. *prices correct as of 15/06/10*

Soldato
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before so sorry for repeating if so. I've noticed a varying % off depending on the product line, which is consistent within that product line. Added in the monitor seperately as I had my eye on one, damn that's a nice discount.

10 % mac mini
12 % imac
14 % macbook pro
17 % apple led cinema display (27" flat panel)

This may make it easier for folk to estimate prices (component upgrades follow the same % discount).

Soldato
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before so sorry for repeating if so. I've noticed a varying % off depending on the product line, which is consistent within that product line. Added in the monitor separately as I had my eye on one, damn that's a nice discount

In the retail stores the guys have a book which lists the discount percentages on each line. IIRC it did also slightly vary within a product line depending on the item value.

Soldato
Oh really, nice. I may have to pop in and ask for one. Unless it's also listed online somewhere.

I was a little shocked by the discount on the monitor, I can see the logic in the other discounts but fail to see where 17% fits. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Oh really, nice. I may have to pop in and ask for one. Unless it's also listed online somewhere.

I highly doubt they'd give you a copy. No harm in asking I suppose.

I wouldn't be surprised if they've only got one per store, as when I was buying with HE discount the guy had to go out the back to get it and it was pretty tatty!

Soldato
I ordered my new iMac 2011 off a HE link. It got delivered on Wednesday no problems, I havent been asked for any proof yet.

I'm not a student, but my sister is, so I have that ready IF they ever ask me for anything.

Associate
Charge the difference to your CC as you've defrauded them maybe? :D

I had a scan through the Ts & Cs and could not see anything about recovering the difference so I suspect they would need to take legal action, though I would certainly not like to predict the odds of this. Would definitely not like the chances of a repeat offender of avoiding their wrath but a one off might be OK (not that I am advocating defrauding them, of course).

Associate
Can anyone tell me the cost of the low spec 15" MBP with 500GB 7200RPM HDD, iWork pre-installed and the MacBook Pro 15-inch Hi-Res Glossy Widescreen Display.

Soldato
Could be a coincidence, but the HE links dont work for me as of this morning :(
So so lame, dont want to have to drag myself into Uni (Now we've finished till sept :p part timers!) to order the MBP i've been after :(

Soldato
Could be a coincidence, but the HE links don't work for me as of this morning :(
So so lame, don't want to have to drag myself into Uni (Now we've finished till sept :p part timers!) to order the MBP I've been after :(

I just VPN'd in to Uni (as unlike most I am a legit student :p) and the first page worked, but then when trying to view a particular line I'm getting the same error message as I did externally. Externally I couldn't even get the first page to work.

EDIT: For those that don't know how the HE store works: You go to a webpage where you select your region and then your university. It then checks your IP is from the university before forwarding you to the relevant page. Once you know your University's URL you can access it from anywhere, but to know it in the first place you're meant to go through Apple's IP checking gatekeeper (or read NightShadow's naughty website).

Last edited:
Soldato
I just VPN'd in to Uni (as unlike most I am a legit student :p) and the first page worked, but then when trying to view a particular line I'm getting the same error message as I did externally. Externally I couldn't even get the first page to work.

EDIT: For those that don't know how the HE store works: You go to a webpage where you select your region and then your university. It then checks your IP is from the university before forwarding you to the relevant page. Once you know your University's URL you can access it from anywhere, but to know it in the first place you're meant to go through Apple's IP checking gatekeeper (or read NightShadow's naughty website).

Back working fine both internally and externally now :).

Back
Top Bottom