• Yes

Votes: 106 12.7%
  • No

Votes: 622 74.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 106 12.7%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
Now the pricing and availability of the Apple Watch is out there, is anyone actually getting one?

It seems fairly underwhelming overall, despite being a nice bit of kit, but what surprised me is the price. The one I'd have ideally gone for is £949 - madness!

Associate
was really looking forward to getting one but the one I want is £900 + .. no way im paying that much cash for that considering when you change your iPhone, likely end up having to change the watch on a yearly basis

Will prolly still get one .. just the sport version though

was disappointed by the pricing !!

Soldato
I won't be buying one, however having just watched the keynote, I was quite impressed and made me want one - however I was "stung" by the first gen iPad so I will wait and see what happens next year - although I am unsure if much will change, possibly thinner and better battery, this isn't the type of thing you could easily afford to change every year (especially if you have the gold versions!).

Soldato
I personally don't see the appeal of a smartwatch in any guise yet. Beyond that though I certainly wouldn't spend 'real watch' money on one yet. At the end of the day, spend ££££s on a proper jewellery watch and you'll have it for years and years and it will probably lose very little if not gain value. I'm pretty sure the same cannot be said even of the top Gold Apple Watches.

Associate
Not for me, I still don't see the appeal of the smartwatch. I'll stick with my automatics at least they wont be obsolete in two years time. I also couldn't be assed having to swap back to ios.

Soldato
I see people justifying smart watches on the basis that they don't have to take their gigantic phone out of their pocket when they receive a notification. Here's a tip for those people; buy a smaller phone.

This.

I'm struggling to see the value, the smart watch is no more than a notification device with some intelligence - you still need a iphone to interact with for the real functionality.

I'm surprised Apple haven't come up with iglasses where they act as a HUD for your phone - or have they already ?

Soldato
I really wanted to want one. I have a couple of mechanical watches and also have a Garmin Fenix 3 on preorder. Decided the F3 still suits my requirements more. The Apple Watch just isn't that exciting. It would have been an instant buy if it had GPS and could work independently of the phone then sync your activities back with it later. Maybe a future revision.

Last edited:
Soldato
Going to get the 42mm Sport watch, mostly for app development purposes. If I find it geniunely useful, I'll upgrade to the stainless steel version when the second generation Apple Watch is released next year.

Soldato
Don't see any worth too it, it doesn't offer a huge amount, doesn't look as good as a real time piece, price is also pretty high for a nice model. Seems like more hassle then benefit too me, charging it everyday, trying to fiddle with your watch then ending up using your phone that offers a far superior experience.

A lot of the things they showed off seem weird expect the fitness stuff, I'll never want to look at photos on a watch, maps, already have headphones for music control, rather type out a text message then speak too my watch, iPhone already does Apple pay etc etc. Fitness stuff is also meh, I do mostly weights/swimming don't think it tracks either well, and for the cardio stuff you still need your iPhone so if I did use it I would need both devices with me.

I want one just because I love the idea of it.

However, there's not a chance in hell I'm paying £800+ for the one I want. And i'm not shelling out £400 for one with a crap rubber band.

Priced them out the market in my opinion, utterly ridiculous.

Why can I buy the standard 42mm one for £519, but if I want the metal bracelet, it'll be £859! Thats over £300 extra just for the bracelet, no extra technology. Disgraceful.

Final nail in the coffin for me with Apple. Once my contract is up, I'll end my 6 year timeline with them.

Soldato
I want one just because I love the idea of it.

However, there's not a chance in hell I'm paying £800+ for the one I want. And i'm not shelling out £400 for one with a crap rubber band.

Priced them out the market in my opinion, utterly ridiculous.

Why can I buy the standard 42mm one for £519, but if I want the metal bracelet, it'll be £859! Thats over £300 extra just for the bracelet, no extra technology. Disgraceful.

Final nail in the coffin for me with Apple. Once my contract is up, I'll end my 6 year timeline with them.

Not owning an Apple Watch doesn't stop all of your other stuff from working you know?

Back
Top Bottom